Volcano Inferno Car charger questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

cryodream

Dec 7, 2010
FL, US
Hi,
I've Volcano Inferno e-cig. I'm leaving on a long drive from NY to Miami the day after tomorrow. I'm wondering if the car chargers I have will be good to power my Inferno? IIRC, I've got 2 chargers: one for iPhone and one for iPad (stonger one, methinks). I've got now idea about the amps, etc these chargers are. All I can't remember is methinks I bought both of them at Bestbuy. I bought them for the iPhone and later on the iPad, that's all I cared about at the time.
Now the question: I could simply try both of them, but I'm concerned, if there's a possibility to fry the inferno? I mean, I've no idea when it comes to these things... Please help.
I hope, at least one of them will work, as I have no time to order "a special" one, as I'm leaving in 2 days.

Thanks in advance.

mwa102464

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2009
Outside of the Philadelphia Burbs, NJ & Fla
Your best off with a 2Amp charger to run an e cig pass through on you cars power port where your cig lighter is, your 500mAh will charge your ecig but your Iphone & Ipad connectors are probably different types of plugs in the USB's,,, why not just go out to the car and check your stuff out to see whats what, you wont fry your inferno at 500mAh, its more in you your USB connectors I would be worried about, some are different inside the actual usb male and female ends and that makes the difference whether it will charge you units or not, most all ecig chargers have an output of 5vdc @ 500mAh, go plug in your stuff and see if it takes a charge

cryodream

Dec 7, 2010
FL, US
Ok, so I went to the car and it seems I have 3 chargers, but only 1 of them with USB. The ohter two are one-peace things, with iphone plug at the end of the cable. So at least I have 1 with USB connection. The info on it says:
DC 5.0V +- 5%
Max 1000 mA
So, can I still use it to charge my Inferno? Inferno's charger is 5.0V and 500mA. Does that "Max 1000mA" mean it's "upto" so would be ok to use with 500mA or is it gonna fry my e-cig?
I'm really bad with all this electricity stuff (/me ashamed) :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread