The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Volcano terrible service for Lavabox DNA200

Discussion in 'Temperature Control' started by Kevinik, Feb 20, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Kevinik

Kevinik Full Member

Apr 12, 2016
    I need to vent. This has been one of the worst electronic device support experience I've had.

Bought this and I had to ask Volcano for a replacement after a month because the batteries weren't charging right. Second unit started doing the same thing less than a month of use. Volcano sent me some cockamamie eScribe "fix" instructions that bricked my mod. Volcano refused to replace my unit because the short 3 month warranty had passed by, since I bought first unit and all these replacement shipping times screwed me over. They sent me to get serviced by the chip manufacturer Evolv. They replaced board but told me the battery was shot.

Guess who's fault it was my battery got shot?! Volcano support. Now they want me to buy from them a new battery and ignores my request of replacement.

Terrible quality mod and service. Do not buy this overpriced disposable piece of junk or they will trap you into buying a new cheaply made battery.

If anyone can help me out or direct me to get a new battery from another manufacturer, I'll appreciate it.

2. benley73

benley73 Ultra Member ECF Veteran

May 2, 2016
    You will need the measurements of the cell , there's plenty of decent lipo cells online , most usually do replace them since they do not use the best to keep costs down , try a hobby RC shop or online RC shop

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

3. t8kiteasy

t8kiteasy Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 22, 2012
    virginia beach
    Ft has the VT200 1300mah lipo packs for $12 and it does fit the lava box.

Down side 12 day wait for it thru Singapore post.

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.