Volt Battery on a V2 Charger?

Status
Not open for further replies.

McDougal

ECF Veteran
Nov 14, 2011
Louisville, KY
My V2 auto battery seems to be losing steam- it cuts off early and sometimes will not engage. It was my first setup.

Being that Volt batteries are affordable and regulated, can I use a manual or auto Volt batt (generation 2 regulated 808) on a V2 charger (generation 1 unregulated 808)? I haven't found any clear info on this.

If anyone has any experience with this, your help is much appreciated.

On a separate note, I have always heard good stuff about Vapor4Life, but their batteries are just as overpriced as V2. So that one is out of the question.

McDougal

ECF Veteran
Nov 14, 2011
Louisville, KY
yes. Volt is Gen2 and V2 is gen1. gen2 on a gen1 is fine. you just wouldnt want to charge a gen1 on a gen2 charger.

volt makes a great batt.
bloog also has a good sale on batts. get the "try me" 2-pack kit for a 2 batts and 2 cartos for like $25. plus you get a $10 off $40 order coupon to use in the future.

Awesome. Thanks for that info. I'll take a look at Bloog as well. You just can't beat $13.00 for a battery. I should have gone with Volt to begin with, but that was before I came here.

Kemosabe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2011
Roe Dylin
volts prices are amazing. i snagged up 4 batts for $9 each when they introduced the new "sealed" autos and discounted the regular ones. sealing is moot to me so i had a field day :)

the bloog deal ends up being $15 if you consider the $10 discount code you get with the order. in fact, you can use it on your first order if you spend $40 or more i think its Save10 or SaveTen possibly. you can only use it once but you can get a serious discount...its almost like getting 2 batts and 2 cartos for $15.

CharityRoyal

ECF Veteran
Jan 6, 2012
Michigan
To second, yes you can absolutely use that charger.

I'm not trying to urge you toward Vapor4Life, as volts are great, but v4l is definitely cheaper than v2 so you must be looking at something different (perhaps you looked at the vapor titan). But the normal vapor king batteries (which are pretty much identical to your v2) are $16.50 instead of the 25 from v2-- and for 17.50 you can get the diamond or stealth which is a higher voltage. And that's before a discount coupon (they do 25% off often, and you can get 40% off if you wait for a beat the clock sale-- you just have to sign up for the list serve). With the coupon code I end up paying 10 something for a battery... but that's before shipping so yeah.

But if you're happy with a regulated battery, I'm a big fan of smokeless image. Their carto prices kick ... too.

jays1fan

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 6, 2012
Indy

I'm not trying to urge you toward Vapor4Life, as volts are great, but v4l is definitely cheaper than v2 so you must be looking at something different (perhaps you looked at the vapor titan). But the normal vapor king batteries (which are pretty much identical to your v2) are $16.50 instead of the 25 from v2-- and for 17.50 you can get the diamond or stealth which is a higher voltage. And that's before a discount coupon (they do 25% off often, and you can get 40% off if you wait for a beat the clock sale-- you just have to sign up for the list serve). With the coupon code I end up paying 10 something for a battery... but that's before shipping so yeah.

But if you're happy with a regulated battery, I'm a big fan of smokeless image. Their carto prices kick ... too.

So does that mean v4l is a 1s gen. too ? I am a little confused. I am thinking of getting an extra batt as well. I currently have a V2 system and love it. But if I can use another batt in the V2 Charger , I am all for saving a few bucks. Of course you get a life time warranty with V2.

CharityRoyal

ECF Veteran
Jan 6, 2012
Michigan
So does that mean v4l is a 1s gen. too ? I am a little confused. I am thinking of getting an extra batt as well. I currently have a V2 system and love it. But if I can use another batt in the V2 Charger , I am all for saving a few bucks. Of course you get a life time warranty with V2.

Everything at V4L is a gen1. So yeah, you can use v2 stuff interchangeably. But everything clovehunter says is right too.

Yeah the V2 warranty beats all except that it is only lifetime if you buy something every 90 days... and they're expensive as heck.

jays1fan

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 6, 2012
Indy
Everything at V4L is a gen1. So yeah, you can use v2 stuff interchangeably. But everything clovehunter says is right too.

Yeah the V2 warranty beats all except that it is only lifetime if you buy something every 90 days... and they're expensive as heck.

No problem on buying something every 90 days. They got the Best Menthol and good cartos. with shipping and discount you can get 40 prefilled for $62.15 including shipping making them $1.55 each

Kemosabe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2011
Roe Dylin
it is a tricky warranty for sure. i have a V2 but dont use it much any more. volt and bloog took over my KR8 world. but if i ever do need to make a claim on my V2 warranty, i figure i'd just order some blanks and then claim away :)

McDougal

ECF Veteran
Nov 14, 2011
Louisville, KY
volts prices are amazing. i snagged up 4 batts for $9 each when they introduced the new "sealed" autos and discounted the regular ones. sealing is moot to me so i had a field day :)

the bloog deal ends up being $15 if you consider the $10 discount code you get with the order. in fact, you can use it on your first order if you spend $40 or more i think its Save10 or SaveTen possibly. you can only use it once but you can get a serious discount...its almost like getting 2 batts and 2 cartos for $15.

Yeah, I checked out that Bloog deal and it looked good, but I went with the Volt and their cartos, too. Thanks for all that good info, though, and I may try some Bloog products as well.

McDougal

ECF Veteran
Nov 14, 2011
Louisville, KY

Thanks for the input. You're right, I was looking at the Titan, and missed the King. Sorry, V4L!

I'm certainly looking forward to trying the Volt cartos as well, as I've heard good things about them.

McDougal

ECF Veteran
Nov 14, 2011
Louisville, KY
No problem on buying something every 90 days. They got the Best Menthol and good cartos. with shipping and discount you can get 40 prefilled for $62.15 including shipping making them $1.55 each

Yeah, I actually don't have a problem with having to have purchased in the last 90 days. It's not too unreasonable to me, and their blanks are actually pretty good.

McDougal

ECF Veteran
Nov 14, 2011
Louisville, KY

Their battery prices and kits are way too high. Their blank carto 5-pks are $8.95, though, which is on par with the others, and pretty decent.

Charlz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 14, 2011
upstate NY
Sometimes us Canadians catch a break ... Canvape sells the 280mah for $8.95 and the 380mah for $10.95 ... in manual or auto ... genuine Kanger. Unfortunately Canada Post is ......ed so shipping to US is kinda steep.
You can find Kanger 808 models cheaper here too if you buy from a non proprietary type supplier. Mostly it's all marketing and perception that separates them from a typical vendor that just sells 808 products as one of their product lines. But some do take the time to develop and work on a better 808 product so sometimes it's justified. I notice it in the cartos more than anything else. I used to avoid them with the thinking that I'm more informed and that they are just all peddling the same thing with cool marketing. Sometimes I've been wrong....other times I've been very right!

Some of them get ridiculously expensive though for no reason besides trying to trick those that think price equals quality and refuse to educate their customers on what they are using. That's the only thing I take issue with and in the end it bites them in the .... rather than build brand loyalty because the consumer feels they have been taken advantage of.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread