Voltage Drop/Loss: Is it really that big of a deal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arnie H

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2013
Greensboro, NC, USA
www.bigtent.com
Seems like copper mods are in vogue right now and voltage drop/loss remains something vapers like to talk about. But how important is it for the average vaper?

My Nemesis for instance has about .20 drop at around 1.8 ohms.
My 69 has maybe a .40 volt drop at the same resistance level.
Another mech mod has a .65 volt drop.

Although intellectually disturbing, in practice I cannot really perceive much of a difference between any of them. Vapor production and vape intensity (how hard it hits) seem to be about equal. Can't really discern a difference.

Anyone else have similar experiences?

CloudsinCrowds

ECF Veteran
Mar 8, 2014
United States
I find it to be very important, My cronus measures out at .12 v drop at an ohm and i prefer to either vape a kayfun at 1-1.3 or dripper at .45 to .8
my nemesis has around .3 of drop at an ohm.
I dont notice the difference when the kayfun is up top but when using the drippers the nemesis has a lot to be desired. when you strap the dripper above the cronus they just start to light up and sing. Not many of my friends notice too much but we do all unanimously agree that the cronus and the lack of vdrop makes for an extremely strong vape, much unlike the nemesis. i credit this to vdrop.

just my 2cents

Arnie H

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2013
Greensboro, NC, USA
www.bigtent.com
I find it to be very important, My cronus measures out at .12 v drop at an ohm and i prefer to either vape a kayfun at 1-1.3 or dripper at .45 to .8
my nemesis has around .3 of drop at an ohm.
I dont notice the difference when the kayfun is up top but when using the drippers the nemesis has a lot to be desired. when you strap the dripper above the cronus they just start to light up and sing. Not many of my friends notice too much but we do all unanimously agree that the cronus and the lack of vdrop makes for an extremely strong vape, much unlike the nemesis. i credit this to vdrop.

just my 2cents

Need to correct myself. My Nemesis has about a .30 volt drop at 1.7 ohms. I don't know, maybe some folks notice these things more than me. The difference to me is barely perceptible. I'm guessing that along with the resistance introduced by the atty/topper, the batteries themselves have internal resistance, and perhaps the 510 connection contributes to power loss (hence why folks say Hybrids are better on voltage drop), and anything else in the circuit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread