Voltage recommendations on Ego 1000mah Twist for a newbie

Status
Not open for further replies.

TomD

Mar 13, 2013
MA
Hi All,

I apologize as I am sure this has been covered many times. I am a new vapor that quit analogs almost two weeks ago and I feel great! Anyhow, I just got my first order from altsmokes. I ordered a 1000mah Ego twist. These are the cartridges I use AltSmoke.com | Personal Vaporizers | Electronic Cigarette | Ecigs | eGo Mega Dual Coil Cartomizer

Can anybody tell me what the optimal setting should be from their experience? Right now I am using it at about 3.8 I think (One line before 4?) and it seems ok?

I also am going to try a viva nova I ordered and was wondering the same questions.

Thanks!!

bacc.vap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2011
Virtualville
Those are dual coils, should be able to just turn it up till you find the combination of taste and vapor you like. They should be able to handle all the voltage you have with the twist no problem, if need be. I didn't see the ohms rating on the site either, you'd have to measure it with a meter if no one here knows.

TomD

Mar 13, 2013
MA
Thanks Bacc & DH, I set to 3.8 with my normal carty after a little toying with it and I like it there, just didn't know if that was right or not. Guess I will roll with that. As for the nova I am going to try it now. I only have a half a small bottle left for the liquid I like so I don't want to waste it and I like the cartys I am using. I just like the idea of being able to see what is left. I am lucky enough to have one local vape shop. He set me up with a 26mg maple flavor that I love. All the others I ordered (reg. tobacco, fruits, etc.) I don't like nearly as much. I guess that means I should like flavors like honey, brown sugar, etc. that are close to maple.

chadsmo

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2013
BC Canada

AttyPops

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2010
Hc Svnt Dracones - USA EST
Bacc hit the nail on the head.

Basically, a dual coil is....1/2 the ohms of each individual coil. In other words, two 3 ohm coils (that I would run just under 5 volts) read as a 1.5 ohm dual coil (3 ohms/2 coils).

So you generally have to use higher voltage for dual coils. That said, you also may like a cooler vape and dual coils perform differently than single coils. So just dial it up till it works.

Chances are the device isn't putting out enough amps for your DCC's anyway. lol. But that's a longer explanation and varies by device.

wv2win

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2009
GA by way of WV
Bacc hit the nail on the head.

Basically, a dual coil is....1/2 the ohms of each individual coil. In other words, two 3 ohm coils (that I would run just under 5 volts) read as a 1.5 ohm dual coil (3 ohms/2 coils).

So you generally have to use higher voltage for dual coils. That said, you also may like a cooler vape and dual coils perform differently than single coils. So just dial it up till it works.

Chances are the device isn't putting out enough amps for your DCC's anyway. lol. But that's a longer explanation and varies by device.

All good points. A 1.5 ohm dual coil doesn't really come into it's own until over 4.2 volts. But I believe your twist only has a small 2.5 amp switch which probably isn't enough to really push the DCC's. You would want something like a VAMO with a 5 amp switch to use any and all carto, atty, etc made. Any model with a 3.5+ amp switch should do the trick.

GregoTX

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2010
Lewisville, TX
As others have said, that eGo battery probably isn't the best pairing with a dual coil setup. Try a Stardust type clearomizer, they're single coil and personally I think they produce great vapor. They're pretty easy to deal with and inexpensive too (around $5), and will last you a few weeks before needing to be replaced.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread