Status
Not open for further replies.

SP013

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 14, 2019
Warsaw, Poland
Hello,

Today I have the Voopoo Argus Air for review. A new Voopoo pod (yes, another pod ) that is made for MTL and RDL. With its leather and zinc alloy material Voopoo continues where it started with the Drag X and S.

Thank you @VOOPOO_Thea for sending me this kit for review.

Specifications:

In the Box:

1x Argus Air Device
1x Pod Cartridge (3.8ml)
1x Standard Cartridge (3.8ml)
1x PnP-TM1, 0.6ohm
1x Type C USB cable
1x User Manual

Having two pods in a kit is always a good start! There is however a difference between these pods, will get back to that in this review.

Review:

Really like the design of this pod, the leather and zinc alloy are a great combo just as on the DRAG X and S. The design and stitching do remind me a lot of the Geekvape aegis line, the idea is quite the same. I don’t like saying Voopoo copied Geekvape as this is how many products are copied in the vaping industry, its just a very similar design, especially the color of the stitching. It is nice to have 7 color-options, but I am happy to have received the black version.

Fire-buttons sits nice and flush, no rattling. It has a nice click-sound, which I always like. Like I often mention in reviews, when a device is made from metal (zinc alloy in this case) it would just be so much nicer to also have the fire-button in that same material. The Argus Air has a plastic fire-button as far as I can tell.

Tiny screen is big enough to properly read all the details. It is easy to navigate through the device, it is wattage adjustable, but it does however not have the standard + and – button, it requires the user to click 3 times and then use the fire button to move the wattage up. At its max 25W it will get back to 5W if still trying to increase the wattage at 25W.

Clicking 5 times while on brings you into the sub-menu, here you can easily lock, turn off or clear the puff-counter. Again, to select you need to use the fire button to scroll and hold to select. Locking the device does lock the button, but still allows for a draw-activated puff, which is good. I like the Voopoo Gene chip in general, it really fires up extremely fast delivering that vape instantly, this is the case for both button and draw-activated puffs, I do however feel that the button activated draw hits harder. Sometimes after refilling the pod it gurgles a bit and the draw-activation has issues, 3-5 button draws will fix that.

Not having the + and – button has its downside on this device. It takes a couple of steps to turn off the device since 5-clicks is basically the command to get into the sub-menu. To turn off the device you need to click 5 times, use the fire button to select ‘power off’ and hold the fire button. Not a big deal but would have been nice to have that a bit simpler and quicker somehow.

As with most Voopoo pod devices the wattage automatically adjusts depending on the coil inserted. Also, with the 0.8ohm disposable pod it does not allow to go higher than 18w, a very nice and smart function if you ask me. Sometimes it does recognize the coil incorrectly, so you need to be careful while inserting the pod. For example, when using the 0.8ohm disposable pod it sometimes recognized it as a 0.6ohm coil and automatically set the wattage to 22.

900mAh battery keeps up well, it is fully charged in around 55-60 minutes. Good to see USB-C becoming the standard on vape devices now slowly! With the 0.6ohm coil at 25W I get around 170 puff, with the 0.8ohm (disposable) coil I get around 270 puffs at 13W. Not bad, both ways I can use this as my stand alone for a whole day, but I do feel the device performs worse when the battery capacity is at around 15-20%.

In the kit there is 2 pods, which are different from each other. One pod is a disposable one with a built-in 0.8hm MTL coil and the other pod is meant for replaceable coils. I like the fact Voopoo has both options. For the replaceable coil pod, you have a wide selection of PnP coils, restricted DTL to MTL.

Pods are transparent enough to see the liquid. It’s a comfortable fill with its large fill hole on the bottom side of the pod. Pods click properly into the device. Here is also where the airflow system comes in, depending on the direction you put the pod you either get a loose or restricted airflow, its nice, but I think instead of the current airflow inlets on the device they could have put an adjustable lever.

With the 0.8ohm disposable pod you can get a nice semi-restricted MTL-draw or a very loose (too loose in my opinion) MTL-draw. With the 0.6ohm PnP coil, which is meant for RDL, you can get a restricted DTL hit or a loose (again a bit too loose for me for low wattage) hit. Conclusion about the airflow; I like both pods much more inserted as the restricted. However, I find the 0.6ohm coil at 25W too restricted for the more restricted airflow and too loose for the looser airflow, which there would have been something more in between.

Talking coils, I really like Voopoo PnP coils. They deliver very clean flavor right from the start and have a proper lifespan. Both coils included are delivering good flavor, I am even very positively surprised by the disposable 0.8ohm coil. From what I see looking inside the coil it looks like mesh, it delivers a nice, smooth and flavorful MTL vape. The RDL 0.6ohm coil produces a lot of vaper for a 25W coil, above average I would say.

Conclusion:

A nice little device with a solid (aegis like) design. Wattage adjustability is obviously a pro, scrolling through the device is easy with only one button.

I find this device performing best as an MTL pod with the disposable pod inserted. For me the airflow for the 0.6ohm RDL coil is just too restricted and too loose. Both coils/pods do deliver proper flavor and perform well.

With the PnP coils there is many coil options for this pod, which always to me is important.

On the official Voopoo website this kit costs 36,99$, but I am quite sure you can get it cheaper from other 3rd party sellers.

Let me know if you have any questions about this device, take care!
Sjoerd

Reactions: VStorm
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread