Status
Not open for further replies.

bigbob2322

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Jul 27, 2014
    Schiller PK IL USA
    Greetings once again and welcome to today's review of the next evolution of the Argus GT as well as a a new version of the MAAT tank from Voopoo. Both the mod and tank have a new design with some big upgrades to their predecessors which are proven winners. The Argus GT 2 has taken a different route than the original being a IP68 rated device making it a dustproof, shockproof and waterproof device able to withstand the harsh elements outdoors while still looking like a mod that you would want to pamper. First off let me introduce you to the new features of the 1968 rated Argus GT 2 Kit by Voopoo then I will give you my impressions of this kit in my review.

304em5srv2s81.jpg

RUGGED AND ATTRACTIVE

upload_2022-4-5_7-49-0-png.972204

COLOR CHOICES

BUsWze7.jpg

INCLUDED WITH THE KIT

* 1pc ARGUS GT II Device

* 1pc MAAT Tank New (6.5ml)

* 1pc TPP-DM2, 0.2ohm

* 1pc TPP-DM3, 0.15ohm

* 1pc Type-C Cable

* 1pc User Manual

idXjoao.jpg

FEATURES

* Powered by dual 18650 batteries, max 200W output

* 3A type-C charging

* Gene.TT 2.0 chip

* IP68 certificated

* Turbo mode

* Volcano crater design tank

* Compatible with TPP-DM1,TPP-DM2,TPP-DM3,TPP-DM4 coils

SPECIFICATIONS

* Size: 142.8* 54* 29mm

* Battery: Dual 18650 batteries(not included)

* Output: 5-200W

* Output Voltage: 0-12V

* Resistance Range: 0.05-3.0ohm

* Capacity: 6.5ml (Standard) / 6.5ml (US) / 2ml (TPD)

* Resistance: TPP-DM2 / TPP-DM3

* Package: Gift Box

IP68 RATED - ( SHOCKPROOF, WATERPROOF, DUSTPROOF )

WQ0pvLt.jpg

YjXfGHZ.jpg

mA4tgZp.jpg

H6Pvs0W.jpg

NEW 6.5ML MAAT TANK

wxsjiqx.jpg

voopoo-argus-gt-2-box-mod-kit-airflow.jpg

chjX6Ar.jpg

UPGRADED MESH COILS

PpLeUKo.jpg

ACCEPTS ALL TPP COILS

q7XOYV9.jpg

6 POWER MODES INCLUDING TC - ( NI, SS, TI ) - ( SMART, RBA, TURBO ) WITH 200 WATT MAX POWER - 3 MEMORY TC PRE-SETS AND MULTICOLORED DISPLAY SCREEN

noe9S7n.jpg

upload_2022-4-5_7-54-29-png.972206

TYPE-C 3A 5V FAST CHARGING WITH ANIMATED CHARGING SCREEN

XKiW35A.jpg

NEW UI INTERFACE

GDvmdTC.jpg

EIGHT BUILT IN SAFETY PROTECTIONS

nyNPlvF.jpg

WHOLE DEVICE LOCKING SWITCH

vcrhqoE.jpg

FIRST IMPRESSIONS

First off I have to say that the presentation of the Argus GT 2 Kit is great with a outer cardboard sleeve with most of the features printed on it, inside the cardboard sleeve is a attractive metal case with Argus Outdoor embossed on the top cover.

The original Argus GT Kit came in a nice case as well but it was plastic, the bonus of a case such as these is you now have a storage solution for various vape items such as coils, cotton, screwdrivers, cutters etc.

20220328_131508.jpg

Inside the case is a pre-formed plastic insert that all of the Argus GT 2 contents rest in with the user manual laying on top. I was sent a sample version from Voopoo but I don't see them changing anything on the final retail version as far as the kit presentation.

Your charge cable and 2 coils are in the accessory box located at the top, the 2 coils are the DM3 - 0.15Ω Mesh rated for between 80-100w with a best setting of 85-95w and the DM2 - 0.2Ω Mesh rated for between 40-60w with a best setting of 50-55w.

The first word out of my mouth was WOW and I didn't even pick the device or tank up yet.

Seeing the metal skeleton of the device and knowing it was IP68 rated I thought it was going to be a heavy mod but it's not overly heavy without batteries.

Rubbing my hand across the spine that looks like a woodgrain leather but had more of a grippy rubber feel to it with some cushiony give as well, it feels great in the hand either finger firing or using your thumb. The Argus GT2 name is lightly embossed on the spine.

As you can see in my opening photo the Argus GT2 is a real looker of a device.

20220402_103809.jpg

Starting at the top with the new design of the Maat that has a nice 6.5ml capacity I like the new look except for the bottom of the base that has a rounded off look, it works as far as a match for the mod but it would have looked even better if the base had a flatter bottom, installing the tank there is a miniscule gap to protect the finish on the top plate of the mod.

There are 2 airflow slots 180° from each other with 2 airflow controls between them, the airflow controls are not independent of each other, adjusting 1 adjusts the other as well. The 810 drip tip has 2 O-rings on it with a metal base and is comfortable on the lips and looks good as well.

The coils are a push and pull type with no flat spots needed to be lined up, just prime the coil, push it into the tank and screw on the base.

20220402_172348.jpg

I'm happy with the top fill of the Tank having a easy 1/4 opening making refills a little quicker, as shown in the photo above the top cap has knurling in 3 spots.

There are 2 fill ports that have a silicone covering with a tiny hole that open when a juice bottle tip is pushed in then seal back up once it's removed, I have had a no mess experience filling the Maat tank in the time I've used it.

20220405_132713.jpg

Turning our attention to the Argus GT 2 mod's top, the 510 pin is spring loaded with a good amount of travel and fit the various atomizers that I screwed on. There is a raised cover that slides open covering the Type-C charge port, below the charge port is a step-down of silicone rubber ledges that give a nice accent to the device in my opinion.

20220402_111744.jpg

20220402_143132.jpg

Being a dual 18650 device as most devices do batteries are loaded into the device via a battery door located on the bottom of the Argus GT 2. This is normally a week spot for devices that use this type of system but the battery door's opening/locking switch is very strong with no play in the door when opened, the spring is very solid and I see this lasting without any problems occurring. The same silicone material that the top plate has surrounding also surrounds the bottom as well.

20220402_130633.jpg

Opening the battery door shows correct battery polarity symbols of + (plus) and - (minus) on the gold plated battery door contact points but there is no markings inside the battery tubes, notice the large rubber O-ring surrounding the door cover plate.

20220402_133710.jpg

I was happy to see a nice sized display screen with vibrant and vivid colors but I wish the font size was a little larger, having 6 power modes including TC should make every type of vaper happy, I've tried all power modes except for TC because I don't use it in my personal vaping and have no TC metals to make a coil in another atomizer to test the TC function out and since I don't use it I couldn't give you a correct finding on the TC function anyway.

Each power mode has it's own dedicated color with 1 color designated for all TC metals.

(Smart Mode) limits The Wattage To The Maximum Allowed Of The Coil Used - ORANGE

(RBA Mode) Allows You To Use The Full Wattage Capabilities ( 200 Watts ) - Blue

(Turbo Mode) Gives A Faster Ramp Up - Red

(TC Mode) - (NI, SS, TI) All Metals Use The Same Color - Lime Green

Using the menu is very easy because you only have to use 1 button combination to enter the menu and make all your adjustments outside of wattage or temperature adjustments.

( Press And Hold The Up And Down Buttons Simultaneously)

MENU FUNCTIONS

* Power Modes - Smart, RBA, Turbo, TC With 3 Memory Pre-Sets You Can Customize

* Settings - Clears The Puff Counter - There May Be More Settings On The Retail Version

* About Device - Tells You The Version Of The Chipset And Level Code

* Exit - Takes You Out Of The Menu

LOCKING SWITCH

At the bottom of your up and down adjustment buttons is a locking switch that locks the entire device including the fire button for safe carry in a pocket or handbag without having to turn the device off with the standard 5 presses of the fire button. ( Great Feature )

20220402_173619.jpg

FINAL IMPRESSIONS AFTER USING THE ARGUS GT 2 KIT

20220402_164205.jpg

It's been a joy using the new Argus Gt 2 Kit, I reviewed the original Argus GT Kit when Voopoo first released it and liked it so much I bought 2 additional kits and they are still in my personal rotation of devices so I know the Argus GT very well.

The new Argus GT 2 mod is a bit thicker and heavier than the original but because it sports a IP68 rating that's to be expected and I really like the new design. With it having a chrome skeleton it is a fingerprint magnet but not as much as some devices using chrome.

Whatever the material is on the spine looks good and feels great in the hand, as I said earlier it feel like a rubber surface that gives a grippy feel to the device. The device is solidly constructed and feels like a IP68 rated device should feel. I have not tortured the device to see how well it would hold up because it's to beautiful of a device to damage the outside to prove it's capability, but I did check it's waterproof claim at it passed the test.

Having such a simple and easy menu is a big plus as well, needing to press only 2 buttons to enter the menu without having to remember different button combinations will make everyone happy. The buttons all feel good with no rattle, the fire button has some play that when the device is shaken can be barely heard but I'm not in the habit of shaking my mods during normal use so it's fine, besides this is a sample version and not the final retail one. I hope that more selections other than a puff clear will be included in the final version though.

The lock switch works great and is a feature that I wish all devices had because of the ease of flicking a switch and stowing away in a pocket safely.

I have noticed 2 glitches with the sample version though, the first being that the batteries don't discharge at the same rate in the battery % screen, 1 is always less than the other when vaping, I haven't noticed any change in performance but I did want to mention it.

The 2nd glitch is with the puff counter not keeping the correct number of vapes when a battery change is performed, it always displays a different number count than what it should be. Other than the 2 glitches that I've mentioned the device performs great.

It seems like the trend now days on tanks is to have MASSIVE AIRFLOW and the Maat Tank follows with that trend. Massive airflow is fine as long as you are able to decrease it without any turbulence, whistle or funny sound when you do and I'm happy to report the Maat Tank can be closed down to a very good RDL vape without the mentioned sounds occurring. Airflow is smooth at any setting you choose. Both the provided coils produce very good flavor with the 0.15Ω being more in my style of warmth. Using the 0.15Ω 80 watts was all I needed to produce very good flavor, using the 0.2Ω coil I liked it at 52 watts and saw no need to increase wattage.

My personal opinion on the Argus Gt 2 Kit is that it's a win win for both the mod as well as the tank for performance with a big win on the appearance of the mod. I like the Maat Tanks appearance as well but would have liked it even more if the base was flat at the bottom but because of it's performance I can overlook that, besides it's just a cosmetic preference of mine to have a flat bottomed base.

I would like to thank Aimer and Voopoo for providing the Argus GT 2 Kit for the purpose of this review and I hope my review answered all your questions regarding the Argus GT 2 Kit. It's a winner for sure and highly recommend it to you all.

THANK YOU
    BIGBOB2322

AvaOrchid

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Sep 19, 2019
    USA
    Great review as always. It made me realize that I'm even more obsessed with boxes than I thought I was because thinking back 90% of the reason why I bought the previous Argus was because it came in that little pelican jammy and this new metal box really appeals to me. But I absolutely don't need another one of these type of things but dang it I want that box lol. Now even though the box pushed me over the edge with the Argus I have no complaints about the product in fact I'm using it right now so it was a nice mod

bigbob2322

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Jul 27, 2014
    Schiller PK IL USA
    Great review as always. It made me realize that I'm even more obsessed with boxes than I thought I was because thinking back 90% of the reason why I bought the previous Argus was because it came in that little pelican jammy and this new metal box really appeals to me. But I absolutely don't need another one of these type of things but dang it I want that box lol. Now even though the box pushed me over the edge with the Argus I have no complaints about the product in fact I'm using it right now so it was a nice mod
    I love it when a manufacturer includes a box or tin that can used for storage of anything that will fit in it, I also agree on your statement about the original Argus GT, I ended up getting 2 more and still use them regularly.

Last edited:
    Reactions: AvaOrchid
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread