Not open for further replies.

Frenkyou

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Apr 26, 2019
    italy
    www.svapo.it
    Voo-Poo-Argus-Pod-1.jpg

Hi, today let's take a look at one of the latest offerings from VooPoo on the subject of Pod mod Kit, this is the Argus Pod.
    In this Test I will examine each of the characteristics that distinguish the Kit. I hope that at the end of this reading you may have understood this product, and therefore decide whether to invest in it or not. As always, my opinions are free and based on my personal experience.
    • Enjoy the reading.

► VooPoo Argus Pod; Before starting let's see together some special features indicated by the manufacturer:
    • ITO Atomization Technology
    • Smart Power Adjustment by Gene AI
    • 4-Hole Air Inlet provides smoother airflow
    • Customizable airflow and power adjustment.
    • 0.69''OLED Interaction Screen
    • Advanced Ergonomic Mouthpiece

Voo-Poo-Argus-Pod-2.jpg

► VooPoo Argus Pod; Packaging:
    The classic black background package shows on the front; the marchhio (VooPoo), the name of the device (Argus Pod) and the image of the kit surrounded by what resembles a Northern Lights. On the back are present; The contents, warnings, scratch & check, color of this sample (Brown) and various contact information for Shenzhen Woody Vapes Technology Co., Ltd. On the remaining sides of the box are; the main features, barcodes and various Q-R Codes.

Voo-Poo-Argus-Pod-3.jpg

Voo-Poo-Argus-Pod-4.jpg

► VooPoo Argus Pod; Packing List:
    • 1x Argus Pod device
    • 1x Argus Pod 0.7Ω cartridge (2ml)
    • 1x Argus Pod 1.2Ω cartridge (2ml)
    • 1x Type-C charging cable
    • 1x User Manual

Voo-Poo-Argus-Pod-5.jpg

► VooPoo Argus Pod; Specification:
    • Mod: Power range: 5-20W
    • Battery capacity: 800mAh
    • Output voltage: 3.2-4.2V
    • Charging voltage: 5V / 1A
    • Support resistance value: 0.5Ω-3.0Ω
    • Pod: Capacity: 2ml (standard edition) / 2ml (EU edition)
    • Resistance value: 0.7Ω / 1.2Ω

Voo-Poo-Argus-Pod-6.jpg

► VooPoo Argus Pod; Available Colours:
    • Carbon Fiber
    • Black
    • Gray
    • Brown
    • Red
    • Sky Blue

Voo-Poo-Argus-Pod-7.jpg

► VooPoo Argus Pod; First Impressions:
    I received the "Brown" version of Argus Pod for this test, at first glance it looks like an updated version of VooPoo Air Pod but with clear and explicit aesthetic references to VooPoo Argus II Mod. I really like the Vintage color of my Sample, I find that the tan of the skin is an enveloping and refined tone that makes the Mod perfect for any occasion from the most elegant to the most casual and the sturdy anodized zinc alloy frame fits perfectly with its style.

Voo-Poo-Argus-Pod-8.jpg

The finished product is presented with very compact dimensions, attractive look, finishes up to the mark, precious materials and management of the oled screen through the updated GENE.AI 1.2 chipset. The decorative leather element stands out on the side panels, which with its hot-stamped engravings of the brand and name, as well as embellishing the line, increases the tactile feeling. At the top there is the AFC adjustment system controlled by a sliding knob for perfect and precise MTL tuning.

Voo-Poo-Argus-Pod-9.jpg

Voo-Poo-Argus-Pod-10.jpg

► VooPoo Argus Pod; Operation Guide:
    The screen has a multifunction button located under the display, the button is almost invisible and allows the Mod setting operations. Vaporizing takes place only automatically.

The small display is incredibly rich in information, is very bright and easy to read. In the main interface they are visible; The cell charge level and percentage, the selected power, child lock / unlock, Volt, coil value. By switching the display in the secondary interface, they are visible; The level and percentage of charge of the cell, the total number of puffs and the total vape time. In the third interface (menu bar) are available; the child lock, the clear puff and on / off of the mod.

• Power on / off: Press the button 5 times
    • Switch interface: Press the power button once.
    • Power interface: Long press the button to enter power adjustment
    • Menu Bar, Child Lock, Puff clear, Power Off: Press the button 5 times to enter the menu bar, and long press the button to confirm the function.
    • Child lock function: The device will be locked if the user does not use the power on function within 5 minutes after opening the mode. Press the button 3 times to activate the unlock function.

Voo-Poo-Argus-Pod-11.jpg

► VooPoo Argus Pod; Safety protections:
    • Cut Off 8s protection
    • Short circuit protection
    • Overload protection
    • Low battery protection
    • Output overcurrent protection

Voo-Poo-Argus-Pod-12.jpg

► VooPoo Argus Pod; Type-C charging:
    The Type-C charging port is located at the bottom of the Mod and allows you to fully recharge the integrated 800mAh battery in a rather short time, about 50 minutes.

Voo-Poo-Argus-Pod-13.jpg

The Compartment / Pod houses two rectangular magnets on the sides, two gold-plated spring-loaded pins and the sensor for activating the automatic puff placed in a raised position above the bottom.

Voo-Poo-Argus-Pod-14.jpg

► VooPoo Argus Pod; Anti-Leaking Cartridge:
    With a patented multilayer design, VooPoo built its cartridge with the intent of eliminating leaks by locking them firmly within the frame itself.

Voo-Poo-Argus-Pod-15.jpg

The cartridge made of clear PCTG has an ergonomic lip spout and allows you to discreetly view the liquid inside. The filling is done by lifting a side silicone rubber, the hole of good size allows you to easily insert up to 2ml of e-liquid. On the bottom of the cartridge there are 4 holes for the passage of air towards the coil, according to VooPoo this system expands the air flow that affects the coil globally, increasing the flavor, furthermore the 4 holes are an integral part of the antileaking system present at the inside the cartridge itself. On the bottom of the cartridge we can see that the magnets are NOT visible, in fact they are there and they work quite well.

Voo-Poo-Argus-Pod-16.jpg

Voo-Poo-Argus-Pod-17.jpg

► VooPoo Argus Pod; Final conclusions and vaping test:
    The new Argus Pod is definitely a comfortable, well-built and eye-catching Pod device. In my opinion, the new GENE.AI 1.2 Chip has reached perfection as regards the "automatic puff" which has always been the Achilles' heel of these devices! In fact, a slight suction is enough to activate the Puff instantly, with any degree of opening of the airflow and without any hesitation, I think this is really all that was expected from a VooPoo Pod system. But that's not all, the display provides complete and easily legible information. The 800mAh battery looks really well managed, in fact I was able to get 283 puffs at 18W, it seems like a really good result to me. In the package there are two ITO disposable Pods, one of 1.2 and one of 0.7Ω both are dedicated to MTL vaping, my favorite is the 0.7 one because it provides greater Hit and heat, but I think both can really please everyone because they provide an operation exemplary and without spitting, after a very intense use I did not detect any trace of condensation in the compartment / pod. The integrated Smart detect Coils function is very welcome and promptly helps the most distracted users by automatically setting the power to 18W for the 0.7Ω coil and 10W for the 1.2Ω coil. I very sincerely believe that this is the best disposable cartridge device currently on the market.

Thanks to VooPoo for sending me this sample for review:
    VOOPOO VAPE Spark Your Life

Thanks for reading.

Voo-Poo-Argus-Pod-18.jpg

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread