hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    Today I will be taking a look at the new Voopoo Argus Pod kit that was sent to me by Voopoo in order to provide a fair and honest review. This one is the second version I believe of the Argus Air pod. It’s been so long ago, I honestly don’t remember if I reviewed that one but I don’t think that I did. The new Argus Pod kit has an 800mah internal battery with an output range of 5-20 watts. It has airflow and power adjustment which is a win, win in my book and uses a USB-C charging port. The kit includes two pods at .7 ohm and 1.2 ohm and each has a liquid capacity of 2ml which seems to be the norm with many pod devices. Before I get too much into it, let’s see what’s included and take a look at the promotional images.

5SJdIZq.jpg

7NT4sdT.jpg

WHAT’S IN THE BOX?

1* Argus Pod device
    1* Argus Pod Cartridge 0.7ohm (side filling)
    1* Argus Pod Cartridge 1.2ohm (side filling)
    1* User Manual
    1* Type-C Cable

I2MI7Im.jpg

SPECIFICATIONS:

Pod Capacity

2.0ml

Pod Material

PCTG

Pod Resistance

0.7ohm/1.2ohm

Recommended e-liquid

Nicotine≤50mg

Device Material

Zinc Alloy + Leather/PC

Output Power

5-20W

Output Voltage

3.2V-4.2V

Device Resistance

0.5-3.0ohm

Battery Capacity

800mAh built-in battery

Screen

0.69 inch OLED screen

Color

Carbon Fiber, Black, Gray, Brown, Red, Sky Blue

t62IJe0.jpg

FEATURES:

1. ITO atomizer technology to bring delightful MTL

2. 4-hole air inlet, ergonomic mouthpiece

3. Supports airflow adjustment and power adjustment

4. 0.69 inch OLED screen

5. Refined zinc alloy and leather material

6. Upgraded magnetic connection

7. Simple full-view cartridge

8. Multi-layer leakage-proof design

9. New GENE.AI 1.2 chip

10. Type-C charging port, draw activation

11. Safety protection: Overtime/Short-circuit/Overcharge/Output Over-current/Low Battery/Chip Over-temperature Protection

SAFETY FEATURES:

vDJmyNv.jpg

dYctmVI.jpg

dr6mzDh.jpg

p5F6ve1.jpg

LCSMpLJ.jpg

i3XBlMK.jpg

eDMiBTD.jpg

iypS5Re.jpg

CZRsFAg.jpg

FEwoFUK.jpg

EsXcGd2.jpg

OxCvFAx.jpg

Nwkz4Pj.jpg

INITIAL THOUGHTS:

The packaging for the Argus Pod is similar to the Drag Q where instead of having an outer sleeve and a box top to remove, there is a pull tab and the kit sitting inside the tray simply slides out. The front of the box shows a nice picture of the device but not necessarily the same color as what’s inside along with some different color wavelength lines. The back side of the box shows the contents list, authenticity code, color label for the device, and company information.

Once the tray is slid out then the Pod device and two pods are seen under the user manual and included paperwork. I have to say that when I first saw the Argus that I was impressed with the brown leather and how nice it looked. Along with the mod is one each of a .7 and 1.2 ohm pod. That’s how it should be done with including two pods. I’ve reviewed a handful of pod devices that have only come with one pod and never agree with that.

upload_2022-5-23_18-53-10.png

upload_2022-5-23_18-53-49.png

upload_2022-5-23_18-54-7.png

The pods for the Argus kit are side filled and the rubber stoppers seem soft and flexible. The stopper can be rotated out of the way for filling which is a nice feature. The pods are disposable and do not have replaceable coils. I like very much that the pods are nearly clear and the liquid level is very easily seen. There’s also an arrow on the fill plugs that tells you which side to pull from. It might seem like a silly thing but I have pulled a fill plug completely out of a pod one time that wasn’t clearly marked.

The bottom of the pod has four airflow holes to provide plenty of airflow to the user if they so desire. The pods are held in securely with two magnets inside the pod opening of the mod. The bottom of the pod almost looks like the coil should be replaceable but isn’t.

The pod opening in the mod has two gold plated contacts as well as two magnets to secure the pods. Also is the airflow opening that allows the air to be drawn in depending where the airflow on the mod is set. It is a simple sliding airflow mechanism and there are four lines on the mod to indicate where you are setting it. This is nice so you can take a quick look to see where you have it set.

upload_2022-5-23_18-54-48.png

upload_2022-5-23_18-55-6.png

upload_2022-5-23_18-55-23.png

Both sides of the mod have a very nice leather insert. The Argus name is on one side along with the sliding airflow adjuster and Voopoo is stamped on the other side with the Gene chip name printed on the body. The metal portion of the body is made of a zinc alloy. It has a really nice feel in the hand and the aesthetics are very nice.

upload_2022-5-23_18-56-2.png

upload_2022-5-23_18-56-19.png

Next up is the display screen on one side. Yes, you heard me right. Voopoo managed to fit a .69” display screen into this tiny pod mod. It amazes me how so many things can fit into such a small case. Besides the screen there is a small button below the screen. There are actually two sets of displays and you can switch between them by pressing that button. Both screens show the battery level indicator as well as percentage of remaining battery. One shows the puff counter and how many minutes the Argus has been activated. The second screen shows the set wattage, output voltage, and coil resistance. I think all of this information in such a small device is quite an accomplishment. When I first opened the package I thought what a nice looking device but would not have guessed initially that it would include a display screen.

The interface operation is as follows.

- Press the button 5X to turn the device on

- To switch between the two displays press the button once

- To change the output, long press the button while in the power screen. Then push the button to scroll through the available wattage settings.

- Once the device is on, press the button 5X to enter the menu screen where you can activate a Child Lock, clear the Puff counter, or turn off the device.

upload_2022-5-23_18-57-6.png

upload_2022-5-23_18-57-23.png

The charging port on this one is on the bottom. I think that’s as good of a place as any on a device like this. It’s small and lightweight enough that if it was on the side then it still probably wouldn’t stand up while plugged in. The 1250mah battery seemed to charge pretty quickly. I had it run down most of the way and it charged back up in about an hour.

uAJ3eE5.jpg

FINAL THOUGHTS:

To me the Argus Pod is a winner. It has an attractive appearance as well as having all of the features I look for in a pod and some I didn’t expect to find on a small pod device like this such as a two screen display. It has a nice weight to it being made from zinc alloy as well as embossed leather on both sides.

I personally didn’t like the 1.2 ohm pod. There wasn’t anything wrong with it but it just didn’t fit my style of vaping. I kept feeling like I wanted higher watts than what the mod would let me set. It cut off at 13 watts. I looked in the manual but didn’t find a way to bypass the smart function. I found that if I closed the airflow most of the way then it was a little better but then I got a whistling sound from the airflow.

The .7 ohm pod was a much better fit for me. I ended up liking at the full output of 18 watts and had the airflow control about half open. This provided good flavor production and plenty of vapor. If I was going to buy more pods for future use then this is the one I would get.

So, you might wonder if I would recommend the Voopoo Argus pod for you. If you’re looking for a small pod device that’s great for carrying in a pocket or purse and performs well then this might be a good fit for you. I’d like to thank Voopoo and Alice for sending the Voopoo Argus Pod for this review. It might seem redundant but I really mean it when I say thank you to the readers that make it possible for me to do these reviews. Below is a link to the website if you would like to look around.

VOOPOO VAPE Spark Your Life

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    I was made aware of a mistake that I made while writing this one thanks to @bigbob2322. I was writing two reviews at the same time and got my numbers wrong. The Argus Pod does not have a 1250mah battery. It is 800mah. Please forgive me for the mistake.

AvaOrchid

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Sep 19, 2019
    USA
    I won one of these and while I don't use the kind of pod where you have to replace the entire tank rather than the coil if I were to use those frequently it would definitely be this one. It is the cutest little thing I've ever seen and while it is incredibly small it doesn't feel cheap in any way. It's got a very comfortable reassuring heft. It's also nice that VooPoo apparently has resisted the urge to only include one pod with their products like so many other companies are doing. I think it is imperative to always include two coils or two pods or two of whatever is necessary to actually use the device.

Great review as always!

Reactions: hittman

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    I won one of these and while I don't use the kind of pod where you have to replace the entire tank rather than the coil if I were to use those frequently it would definitely be this one. It is the cutest little thing I've ever seen and while it is incredibly small it doesn't feel cheap in any way. It's got a very comfortable reassuring heft. It's also nice that VooPoo apparently has resisted the urge to only include one pod with their products like so many other companies are doing. I think it is imperative to always include two coils or two pods or two of whatever is necessary to actually use the device.

Great review as always!

Thanks. I’m glad you like it. I do use pods for work and this is s pretty good one.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread