Frenkyou

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Apr 26, 2019
    italy
    www.svapo.it
    1.JPG

VooPoo Doric 60
    VooPoo saw the good success of the nice Seal 40W MTL Kit has decided to follow up on this form factor by re-proposing it with Doric 60 DL / RDL. This time with a minimalist and extremely portable look.

► Before starting let's see the characteristics declared by the manufacturer:
    • 1. LED lights indicate three steps of output power and battery level
    • 2. Minimalist design, exquisite portable
    • 3. 360º infinite airflow control
    • 4. Double activation of automatic and manual mode
    • 5. 2500mAh for long battery life
    • 6. Two coils included, double experience

Enjoy the reading

VooPoo Doric 60; Packaging:
    The black cardboard box shows on the front; The brand name (VooPoo) at the top, the image of this item in the center and its name at the bottom (Doric 60).

On the back of the box and under the product name, they are listed; the content, warnings, contact information of Woody Vapes Technology C0., Ltd, legal logos / trademarks and the adhesive label of the scratch and check.

2.jpg

On the side profile of the package there are; the color indication of this sample (Deep Sea Blue), two barcodes, the social media icons where the brand promotes its business, a QR-code and three of the main features in the form of icons.

3.jpg

► VooPoo Doric 60; Packing list:
    • 1x Doric 60 Device
    • 1x PnP Pod (4.5ml)
    • 1x PnP-VM5 Mesh-Coil of 0.2Ω Range 40-60W
    • 1x Pnp-VM1 Mesh-Coil 0.3Ω Range 32-40W
    1x Type-C charging cable
    • 1x User manual

4.jpg

► VooPoo Doric 60; Parameters and dimensions:
    • Chipset: gene.TT
    • Dimensions: 26.4 x 113.5mm
    • Weight: 90g
    • Maximum power: 60W
    • Power step: Low, Medium, High
    • Working mode: Automatic + Manual
    • Battery: 2500mAh (Bulit in)
    • Output voltage: 3.2-4.2V
    • Charging range: 5V / 1.6A
    • Pod Capacity: 4.5ml / 2ml (Standard Edition / EU Edition)
    • Other optional PODs: PnP MTL Pod, PnP RTA Pod, PnP Pod, TPP Pod
    • Other optional resistors: Compatible with all PNP Coils

5.JPG

► VooPoo Doric 60; 5 colors available:
    • Ice Blue, Deep Sea Blue, Olive Green, Space Gray, Grapefruit Red.

6.JPG

► VooPoo Doric 60; First impressions:
    As I anticipated at the beginning Doric 60 draws inspiration from the shape of the previous and refined Seal for MTL and the mysterious smooth pillars of the ancient Roman pantheon. It does so in a minimal guise with a sleek appearance and a long 2,500mAh battery life.

7.jpg

Doric 60 is a device created for flavor and is equipped with the well-known PnP tank, however VooPoo has made all the magnetic capsules of its vast production interchangeable between its various devices. The chipset has three selectable power steps and its circuit with gene.TT therefore allows you to install and automatically manage any circular VooPoo Pod, switching from MTL to DL with ease.

8.jpg

► VooPoo Doric 60; feeling:
    The minimal aesthetics of this product with its smooth shapes enhance the ease of grip, the light alloy makes Doric 60 extremely light. I find the only button convenient, the LED light is clearly visible during use.

9.jpg

Particularly of no small importance is the possibility of using Doric 60 both in manual and automatic mode. However, the automatic puff remains the sore point of this type of device.

10.JPG

Frenkyou

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Apr 26, 2019
    italy
    www.svapo.it
    ► VooPoo Doric 60; Front / rear view:
    There is not much to describe, the front houses the knurled AFC adjustment ring at the top, just below the multifunction LED is present, under the LED there is the power button (Fire) slightly protruding, sufficiently large, comfortable and slightly protruding. At the bottom and arranged vertically the writing "Doric".

On the back we find the Type-C 5V / 1.6A charging socket at the top and the wording "VooPoo" at the bottom.

11.jpg

► VooPoo Doric 60; AFC:
    A well thought-out system that allows a regulation that decently contemplates all three vaping modes (MTL-RDL-DL).
    The two opposite slots measure 9x2mm, furthermore the knurled ring nut with free rotation at 360 ° allows you to select 1 small hole of 0.8mm (opposite) for MTL.

12.jpg

13.JPG

► VooPoo Doric 60; Top / bottom view:
    The pod compartment contains the classic ring for magnetic attraction towards all the "circular" pods of VooPoo, a sore point it cannot be dismantled for cleaning. On the bottom there are spring-loaded and gold-plated pins for contact with the coil. Also on the bottom and hidden by the metal ring is the sensor for the automatic puff raised above the bottom.

On the bottom of Doric 60 there is a useful ring of soft material which in addition to muffling the noise when resting on the table also increases the grip with the surface. In the center there is a safety hole for any battery vent.

14.jpg

► VooPoo Doric 60; PnP Tank:
    The pioneer of circular tanks has remained unchanged, needless to describe it, it is known by all.

► VooPoo Doric 60; PnP Tank:
    The pioneer of circular tanks has remained unchanged, needless to describe him, he is known by everyone.

15.jpg

► VooPoo Doric 60; PnP Coil:
    In compliance with the maximum output limit of the device (60W), in the vast catalog of VooPoo PnP coils, it is possible to choose the resistance that best suits your personal taste. Included in the kit we find two performing Mesh resistors; 1 0.2Ω PnP-VM5 Mesh-Coil with 40-60W Range and 1 0.3Ω Pnp-VM1 Mesh-Coil with 32-40W Range.

16.jpg

► VooPoo Doric 60; Chipset:
    Doric 60, use old and usually reliable gene.TT, with double automatic / manual puff management offers decent management of the 2,500mAh built-in battery with tip-C charging, and entrusts the signals and notifications to a row of 3 led lights .

17.JPG

18.JPG

► VooPoo Doric 60; Operation Guide:
    • Power On / Off: Press the Fire button five times.
    • Power regulation; Press Fire 3 times to enter the power adjustment mode (at this stage, the indicator light will always be on), then press Fire to adjust one of the 3 options; White High - Green-Medium - Blue-Low. After waiting 3s, the device confirms the choice and exits the adjustment mode (In this phase, the indicator light turns off)

► VooPoo Doric 60; Led notifications:
    • The battery is charging: The corresponding indicator flashes
    • Charging is complete: Three white lights will remain on
    • In normal working mode: The corresponding indicator light will gradually become brighter.
    • Low Battery: The red indicator light flashes 10 times
    • Short circuit: The indicator light is solid red
    • Check the atomizer: The indicator light flashes red once
    • Cut Off: The indicator light flashes red 8 times
    • High temperature: The indicator light flashes red 15 times

► VooPoo Doric 60; Battery charge percentages:
    • With 3 LEDs on, the residual charge is between 66% -100%
    • With 2 LEDs on, the residual charge is between 30% and 65%
    • With 1 led on, the residual charge is equal to or less than 30%
    * Note: When vaping on low battery, the device will no longer work once the red light has flashed ten times.
    * Charging: Support 5V / 1.6A charging. We recommend using the USB Type-C cable provided by VOOPOO.

► VooPoo Doric 60; Safety protections:
    • Cut-Off overuse protection
    • Output overcurrent protection
    • Low battery protection
    • Protection against high temperatures
    • Overload protection
    • Short circuit protection of the atomizer

19.jpg

► Final conclusions:
    I begin very honestly to describe what I didn't like about this sample and what I believe to be its main flaws.

1- In MTL mode (with AFC closed) the contrast generated during the suction phase allows an almost acceptable functionality of the automatic mode, on the contrary in RDL / DL mode with AFC open this action does not materialize making the option quite useless and superfluous.
    2- The cut-off has an irregular operation and in manual mode it "cuts" the delivery after just 5 seconds, making its premature intervention rather annoying in case you want to do deep and long aspirations. In automatic blowing mode (only possible in MTL) the cut-off intervenes regularly after about 8-10s. I do not understand this different cut-off intervention threshold depending on automatic or manual use. I hope it's just my sample that's faulty.

The positive notes as I extensively described during the review are many and concern both the aromatic performance of the old PnP tank, the countless choice of coils and full compatibility with all the circular cartridges of VooPoo.
    Also aesthetically I like the product, although there is nothing innovative in its appearance and in its form factor, Doric 60 is well built and made, certainly economical for those who want to spend little, and suitable for entry level use.

• Thanks for reading.

• Thanks to VooPoo for sending me the sample for review:
    VOOPOO VAPE Spark Your Moments

20.jpg

Reactions: newyork13

newyork13

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 9, 2013
    western Massachusetts
    Buona sera @Frenkyou
    Mi ha piaciuto la tua recensione.
    Dove abiti in Italia?
    Sono Italo/Americano, e mi piace parlare e scrivere (sempre imperfetto) Italiano.
    Secondo me, mi piace il gusto delle PNP coils, ma non mi piace la fuoriuscita.

Just saying that I liked his review; that I was Italian American and liked speaking and writing imperfectly in Italian; and that I liked the flavor of the PNP coils, but not the leaking.

Reactions: Frenkyou

newyork13

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 9, 2013
    western Massachusetts
    Parma?
    La mia matrigna era da Parma. Un piccolo villaggio che si chiama Bertorella, fuori di Borgo Taro. Lei e il mio padre sono andatti li (da New York) dopo che lui si ha pensionato. Mi ha piaciuto tanto visitarlo. Purtroppo sono tutte due morti. Lo ricordo bene della mia gioventù. Un bel paese. E una cucina ottima. Dove sei in Parma?

Reactions: Frenkyou
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread