VOOPOO Drag 2 177W TC Kit with UFORCE T2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tim Wiseman

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 29, 2017
Bolton, England
Hi ECF members, In this review i takes a look at the Drag 2 177W TC Kit with UFORCE T2 from Voopoo. The voopoo drag 2 177W TC Kit with UFORCE T2 was supplied for the purpose of this review by Ella from Sourcemore.

Introduction

"How to win friends and influence people", a statement that is as far away from Voopoo's business practices than i can think of. Damn it! they have the Gene chip though which seems to give them the arrogance to continually upset other vaping manufacturers and the vaping community in general. The Drag hit the vaping world like a hammer with it's instant firing, impressive ramp up and accuracy. Since then between releasing other products and upsetting as many people as possible when they have seen the chance they have continually fleeced the Golden Goose relaunching the Drag with no upgrade or difference from the original other than a change of frame colour or adding a Resin panel. Voopoo have at last upgraded the Drag and bought it out as the Drag 2 and an in-built battery version the Drag Mini. The Drag see's the use of the upgraded Gene chip (Gene.Fit) an increase in power without false claims and a much more ergonomically friendly device, let's give the Drag 2 a look!

In the Box

Contents:

Standard Edition

1 x DRAG 2 177W
1 x UFORCE T2(5ml)
1 x UFORCE U2(pre-installed)
1 x UFORCE N3
1 x Glass Tube(3.5ml)
7 x Sealing O-Ring
1 x USB Cable
1 x GENE Chip Card
2 x User Manual
1 x Warranty Card

TPD Edition

1 x DRAG 2 177W
1 x UFORCE T2(2ml)
1 x UFORCE U2(pre-installed)
1 x UFORCE N3
1 x Glass Tube(2ml)
7 x Sealing O-Ring
1 x USB Cable
1 x GENE Chip Card
2 x User Manual
1 x Warranty Card

Aesthetics and Ergonomics

The Drag Kit came in the usual quite plain cardboard packaging with sleeve that Voopoo products tend to come in. On opening the device is in the top layer of the box and i received the Puzzle version which the main colour of the resin panel is Purple. The Drag 2 is also available with a Island, Aurora, Scarlet, Fire Cloud, Flame, Ink or Dawn Resin design panel, all versions have a Black Chassis and the Uforce T2 comes with matching Resin drip tip. The Resin panel is fixed on the opposite side is a removable panel which has "DRAG" printed on it. The front of the device has a Silver round fire button at the top, towards the bottom lined up vertically we have 2 smaller round Silver navigational buttons, the fire button has a concave to it while the navigational buttons are flat faced. Also on the front of the device we have the OLED screen central and right at the bottom is the micro USB port. The spine of the device is featureless and the bottom has venting and printed safety stamps and branding. The top of the device has a very raised air fed 510 plate which isn't really positioned to one side or centrally, the 510 is Gold plated and spring loaded. The side panels are curved outwards, and compared to the original Drag it's also smaller and the edges have been better rounded, the Drag 2 actually feels very nice in the hand. The Drag 2 is very aesthetically pleasing in my opinion but when giving it a shake it does have button rattle however not a major issue unlike the movement on the battery door which i will cover later.

Uforce T2 Specs and Features:

Dimensions: 28 x 54.5mm
Capacity: 5ml(Standard Edition)/2ml(TPD Edition)
Coil: U2/U4/U6/U8/N1/N2/N3/P2(only for Standard Edition)/D4 Coils Compatible
New Uforce U2 and N3 coils
Convenient sliding type top filling design
Thread: 510 thread

Uforce T2 Overview

In this review i mainly concentrate on the Drag 2 device but here is a quick look at the Uforce T2 sub-ohm Tank which there will be many reviews out there for and i myself have reviewed the original Uforce in the past. The Uforce is a very good sub-ohm tank and not just a kit tank, i received the standard version which has a capacity of 5ml with the installed bulge glass, also included is a straight glass with 3.5ml capacity making it the same as the original. In fact apart from different style texturing top and bottom and a different drip tip as far as i can tell both aesthetically and performance wise they are basically the same tank. All the threading on the Uforce T2 is excellent and the tank can be taken apart and reassembled very easily. It has a tri bottom airflow and has a slide top-fill system, the top just needs pushing where it is clearly marked and it slides open revealing a generous fill slot. The T2 does see the introduction of 2 new coils which are the pre-installed U2 which is a dual coil 0.4ohm with a rating between 40w and 80w and a best at recommendation of 55w to 65w. The other coil included and the one i tried is the N3 which is a triple mesh coil 0.2ohm with a rating between 65w and 100w and a best at recommendation of 75w to 85w. I mainly tried the Drag 2 with a lot of different tanks but as mentioned i did give the new N3 (triple mesh) coil a try which i found very good for flavour but not quite as good as say a coil from the Falcon, but not bad at all. I did actually find the sweet spot for me slightly down on the recommended best of rating loving it at 70w with airflow at halfway for the restricted lung hit i prefer.

Drag 2 Specs and Features:

Dimensions: 88.3 x 51 x 26.5mm
Battery: 2 x 18650 batteries (NOT included)
Power Range: 5-177W
Resistance range: 0.05-5.0ohm
Temperature Range:200-600℉/100-315℃
Innovative Mode: FIT Mode
Output Current: 0-40A
Output Voltage Range:0-7.5V
Upgraded Function: Yes
Material: Zinc Alloy & Resin
GENE.FIT chip to protect tanks from burnout
Eco-friendly colour resin plate and drip tip
OLED screen displays parameters of device clearly
Thread: 510
Resin Plate Colour: Island, Aurora, Scarlet, Fire Cloud, Flame, Ink, Dawn, Puzzle

Fitting The Batteries

The side panel with "DRAG" on it removes to allow you to insert dual 18650 batteries, the compartment is neat and tidy, the batteries fit well and their is a battery ribbon to help remove the batteries when they need changing. Now for the con's, orientation is Black on Black and despite having magnets top and bottom the battery door has movement with or without batteries and it's not slight!

The Display

The Display is sharp but very dim, it's old school only giving the information really needed. To the left of the display positioned vertically we have the 2 battery status bars, next to this is resistance top, underneath is voltage which changes to watts when in temp control and at the bottom seconds vaped. The right hand side of the screen displays wattage or temperature and mode information.

Protections

Battery reverse protection
Timeout protection 10s
Over-temperature protection
Over-current protection
Overcharge protection
Over discharge protection
Short circuit protection
Balanced charging

Navigating The Drag 2

The Drag 2 is the usual 5 clicks of the fire button to turn on and 5 clicks to turn off. Once on navigating the device is a bit strange compared to most devices but partly because the device isn't packed with features once you get use to it navigating is easy. 3 clicks of the fire button takes you to Fit mode which i will explain in a later section, a further 3 clicks takes you to where you can choose between SS, TI or NI temp control wires, a further 3 clicks takes you back to wattage. When in wattage mode pressing up and down together brings up some options which are, Wattage (takes you back to standard wattage), M1-5 takes you to the main screen in memory mode, SN (displays serial number) and Vers (gives firmware version). When in temp control pressing the up and down together gives you different options which are, TC (takes you back to the TC main screen), M1-5 (memory mode for TC), lock resistance and enter TCR value. When the memory screen is on pressing fire 4 times takes you to where you can set a custom curve, 4 presses of the fire button in temp control allows you to set wattage for temp control up to 80w. Finally their is a couple of combination button press features, first up and fire together locks and unlocks the device, when the device is locked it will not fire and down and fire together flips the screen.

Fit Mode

Fit Mode is the feature on the device that Voopoo seem to be really pushing to the point that even the updated Gene chip has been named the Gene.Fit. As far as i can tell from playing around with the Fit feature is it's a smart feature that reads the resistance of the coil and gives appropriate wattage, nothing new there as this feature is common to many devices. The difference with the fit feature is that you have 3 levels 1, 2 or 3 so you can get 3 different wattage's for the coil, essentially it gives you a soft, medium or hard hit so Fit Mode seems to be a combination between Smart mode (as seen in on many recent devices) with different preheats or maybe even just different wattage's. When using the Fit feature you are on the fit screen where you highlight 1, 2 or 3 and vape, the device doesn't actually give you information about what wattage that is being applied it's all very mysterious which leads me to think it is what i described just soft, medium or hard preheat along with smartly giving appropriate wattage or even giving appropriate wattage and then just giving higher wattage settings on 2 and 3 so nothing special.
Combining smart mode and preheats (if that's actually what has been done, if you know different please spill the beans) actually isn't a bad idea and some people will like Fit mode even if it's not particularly innovative, let's at least give Voopoo a bonus mark for quite convincingly pretending to be innovative. It isn't anything groundbreaking though Voopoo cover themselves with this statement:

"Protect sub-ohm tanks from burnout (*Under normal and right operating conditions) Intelligent matches with tanks"

So when i tried my Serpent Elevate with a 0.34ohm build using Fit Mode 1 gave me a vape around what i normally would vape maybe down by roughly 5w. When i tried it on 2 i got a vape which i would estimate was around 5w to 10w over the wattage i would choose but still a decent vape. On setting 3 first vape was dry the second vape burnt taste so i guess my builds can't be "Under normal and right operating conditions".

My Experience Using The Drag 2

To start with i must state as usual i do not vape using temp control and do not have the equipment to get data so simply review devices as a personal vaping experience. The Drag 2 i used with several tanks (mainly messing around with the Fit feature) and the Gene chip performs as well as ever, no delay and impressive ramp up with all wattage's i vaped at seeming accurate to me. The curves work well and i'm undecided about the Fit feature. It does work and i found different settings 1, 2 or 3 suited different tanks i tried so some people might like the feature rather than messing around setting wattage but i'm not convinced it's any more than combining smartly setting wattage for the resistance and preheats. Navigating the device is a bit strange to start with but after getting use to it it's quite easy to find your way around. There is nothing changed with the T2 that's going to make it perform any different to the original Uforce but as mentioned i did give the new triple mesh coil a try. The Uforce whether it's the original or the T2 included in this kit is a very good sub-ohm tank which is quiet and has loads of coil options, slide top fill and now with the bulge glass a 5ml capacity. The 510 plate i find really annoying it looks like it was meant to be centred when the device was designed but the designer had a few too many jars beforehand and missed the mark. A 26mm fits flush on the side which has "DRAG" written yet there is at least 0.5mm clearance the other side, also the plate isn't centred front to back. The 510 is also raised, normally a very slightly raised 510 plate i don't mind but on the Drag 2 it's raised quite a bit so you get a noticeable gap, the bigger the tank the more noticeable the gap is. The Drag 2 supports balanced charging and is fully firmware upgradeable.

Final Thoughts

The Drag 2 performed great as you would expect from a device with the Gene chip and although undecided personally about the Fit mode no doubt some people will find it useful. The inclusion of any version of the Uforce tank with all the coil options available is a big pro and going back to the Drag 2 in comparison with the original Drag it is ergonomically friendly. There will be people even knowing it's cons will still be wanting this device but beware it has a very raised 510, there is some button rattle and the battery panel has a lot of movement, also when taking a vape the Gene chip doesn't have the same wow factor as their are so many good chips about now.

Really like the device Aesthetically
Ergonomic (massive improvement from the original)
Simple no fuss display
Once use to how it works easy to navigate
Fit Mode (guessing what's happening with this and not 100% sold)
Temp control (not tested)
Curves
Gene.Fit Chip
Performance for me was great
Fires and hits set wattage instantly
Uforce T2 slide top-fill
Uforce T2 2 new coils introduced including triple mesh coil
Uforce T2 plenty of coil options available
Balanced charging
Firmware Upgradeable

Cons

A lot of movement with battery panel
Button Rattle (do need to shake device to detect this)
Very raised 510 plate (gap between atty and device)
Display very dim
Navigation takes a bit of time to get use to
510 in weird position

I would once again like to thank Ella from Sourcemore for supplying the Drag 2 Kit for the purpose of this review.

Reactions: tailland
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread