Voopoo DRAG "Corners" The Market?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ah64ace

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 22, 2013
SC
I have been using my new DRAG for about a week and love it. The chip is the best I've ever used. I have only one issue with it. The corners. The corners seem OK at first but after holding it for a while, the corners really start to become more noticeable in my hand.

My question to you is what things have other users of the device done to lessen the corners? I know there are wraps but they would not cover the corners. There are many silicone covers out there but I am unsure as to whether a silicone cover would interfere with taking the DRAG in and out of my pocket. I have seen some cool leather covers but haven't seen where to buy them. I was also wondering if anyone has done anything more drastic with their DRAG like sanding and buffing the edges to round them out a little? Thanks for all replies.

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave
What I suggest you do and what I've found to be very effective is to find a good shredder. Take your man card out of your purse Nancy, and shred it. Next take off the skirt and training bra, wipe the makeup off your face and put on some men's clothes. Finally go out and do some manual labor such as mow your lawn or change your oil in your car and before you know it you will have calloused hands and the uncomfortable edges will not even be noticeable. Good luck I hope this helps.

ah64ace

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 22, 2013
SC
What I suggest you do and what I've found to be very effective is to find a good shredder. Take your man card out of your purse Nancy, and shred it. Next take off the skirt and training bra, wipe the makeup off your face and put on some men's clothes. Finally go out and do some manual labor such as mow your lawn or change your oil in your car and before you know it you will have calloused hands and the uncomfortable edges will not even be noticeable. Good luck I hope this helps.

I guess you are speaking from experience. I'm glad to see all those counseling sessions helped!

gofishtx

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
Tomball Texas
I guess you are speaking from experience. I'm glad to see all those counseling sessions helped!

I have had a few Box like mods with corners I didn't care for and the silicone sleeve helps and should not interfere with taking it in and out of your pocket. I would try the sleeve before I shaved the corners. Good Luck

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave
Thanks for a serious reply gofishtx. I'll give the sleeve a try.
I apologize for my reply, I'm a smart azz sometimes and it was uncalled for in this situation. I hope the silicone sleeve helps you out.

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave
Apology accepted. By the way, I was a police officer for 10 years and then worked on Apache helicopter armament systems for 25 years with two deployments to Iraq. I'm not worried about losing my man card.
Ok now I feel really bad, I was just giving you a ribbing for a laugh. But seriously thank you for your service and thank you for accepting my apology.

lamarrk

ECF Moderator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 5, 2013
Huntsville, Alabama (Rocket City), USA

It's great that you two didn't take this too seriously. @ah64ace you are to be applauded for your calm reply.

Be aware being disrespectful to another member is against our rules.

Forum Rules

8. Courtesy
a. Members must be polite at all times. When addressing another Forum user, you will be polite. Courteous discussion is welcome here but heated and abusive argument is not. If attacked you are not allowed to respond in kind. Instead use the Private Message system and try to resolve matters privately and amicably. If problems persist ask for the help of a Moderator.

Reactions: stols001

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave
It's great that you two didn't take this too seriously. @ah64ace you are to be applauded for your calm reply.

Be aware being disrespectful to another member is against our rules.

Forum Rules

8. Courtesy
a. Members must be polite at all times. When addressing another Forum user, you will be polite. Courteous discussion is welcome here but heated and abusive argument is not. If attacked you are not allowed to respond in kind. Instead use the Private Message system and try to resolve matters privately and amicably. If problems persist ask for the help of a Moderator.
I didn't say those things to be disrespectful, it was just for a laugh. Also I picked the wrong guy to jokingly question his manliness with him being a vet and policeman. It was all in good fun, but I understand it's not easy to pick up sarcasm via text.

G-Fog

ECF Veteran
Jul 5, 2016
Canterbury, New Zealand
I don't hold my mod in my hand all the time so don't have an issue with the edges of the Drag, I only actually pick it up to vape.
Love the weighty feel of this mod, but it's not pocket friendly so stays on my desk.
Waiting on the Alpha One to arrive, now that could be interesting :D

Fozzy71

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 7, 2016
8 Mile + 2.5
I don't hold my mod in my hand all the time so don't have an issue with the edges of the Drag, I only actually pick it up to vape.
Love the weighty feel of this mod, but it's not pocket friendly so stays on my desk.
ditto, my drag and revenant are stay at home mods so far. The only mod I can pocket carry is a pico and that has to go in a carpenter jeans leg pocket as the other pockets on my pants are always full of things more important than a vape. I have a belt holster made by @coffeebum for my rx200s' that I use for a big out and about mod.

edit to add: I find the revenant to be far more comfortable in my hands than my hohm wrecker g2's which are also stay at home on the desk mods

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave
When you get the alpha-one let us know what you think of it. I love the old school Walkman look of it so I'm curious of what people think of its performance.

G-Fog

ECF Veteran
Jul 5, 2016
Canterbury, New Zealand
@madstabber I now have the Alpha One and am very very impressed with the working if this mod.
The fire time is super fast, the programming on the PC is very nice and also easy., I even put my name on the start up sequence.
The button clicks are very satisfying, and program well.
TC is sooooo smooth.:2cool:
Overall I am very happy with the Alpha One, it's so good.
The looks to me are cool, very retro, which being an older guy, suits me, very Sony Betamax.
OK I have to admit that the edges are a bit "sharp" in the hand, and I'm not sure I would want to carry it in my pocket, but having said that, it's not a deal killer for me, mine will live on my desk, where I can admire the retro looks :)
Hope this helps you.

gofishtx

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
Tomball Texas
As a side note. I have repurposed an old point and shoot camera bag as a mod holster for my belt and even with my Charon with combo rdta on top I have room for a bottle of juice with a battery box or smaller Capo with tank in the front pocket. It also makes a good travel bag with the shoulder strap. For a simpler case I have a Molle radio holster that also fits on my belt and holds my Battlestar comfortably. Under $3 at my local sporting goods store.

Last edited:

Fozzy71

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 7, 2016
8 Mile + 2.5
Now that it's been hugged out and all, anyone having issues with the black finish chipping?

Mine has chipped in the middle of the "face" along the edges.
mine hasn't but it stays on my desk so far, never leaves the house, and hasn't been dropped or tipped over.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread