VooPoo Drag doesn't hit as hard as other mods?

Status
Not open for further replies.

shangula

ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2014
British Columbia
Hi all. Picked up a VooPoo Drag resin locally yesterday, impressed overall but I noticed at 87-90 watts it won't hit as hard as an Archon at 80, or a Smoant Charon 218 at 83, by comparison. I have read on several sites the Drag is known for it's very fast ramp/effiency so I'm a bit baffled. Using a uwell Crown 3 with 0.5 SS coil, the coil is getting 'on ' in age, so I'm sort of hoping a new coil remedies it. Anything in settings I can try? I'm just getting not as fulfilling hit at 87-90 watts as other mods at 80ish, also having a hard time figure out a good air setting for this mod.(I know different mods will require diff airhole configurations for a preferred vape)...

Thanks in advance

shangula

ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2014
British Columbia
Hi. Think I figured it out. At 77 W with Crown 3 airflow slightly cut off it's hitting exactly how I like. I think 87 was too powerful for the coil and airflow, which was stifling a good vape. make sense? It could be the opposite of what I thought: the Drag hits harder watt for watt, and 87 was just too high for the 0.5 SS coil (rated normally at 70-90 I think). I thought about changing the coil about 20 minutes ago but I'm happy now.

Reactions: Letitia

Milan381

Aug 18, 2017
Serbia
I own Drag mod (resin version too)...it delivers what you set it to,and it delivers it faster than other mods.It feels like there is no rampup,just hit the fire button and boom you get 80-90W instantly...Maybe thats the reason it feels like its hitting harder...but its not...I hope you know what i mean (my english is not wery good)

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

shangula

ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2014
British Columbia
Hi. I ended up installing a new coil in the afternoon. Much happier, still the battery life isnt too spectacular and I'm no ta big fan of the battery meter cause 2 bars gone is 3.75 Volts, and I would prefer it to show X amt of bars gone aroun 3.70 ( I try to get them on the charger around 3.70) ish, I have my own routine/rhythm that matches my time at home and time away from home and time sleeping (don't like bats on the charger when I'm in bed, although I hear many vaper friends have no issue with it)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread