hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    Hello and welcome back for another review on one of the newest products from Voopoo. This time I will be taking a look at the Voopoo Drag E60 kit that was sent to me by Voopoo in order to provide a fair and honest review. The E60 is a very compact device that fits nicely in the palm of the hand. It has an internal battery with a capacity of 2550mah and has an output range of 5-60 watts. It uses the familiar Gene TT chipset but has added what is called an ECO mode. This is a pod mod so obviously there is a pod included. The one included is the PNP Pod 2. It does have some design changes that have improved its function. The standard model that I received holds 4.5ml of liquid which is a decent capacity. There are two PNP coils included in the kit. If you are at all familiar with Voopoo coils then you will recognize the PNP name. The PNP series of coils have been around for some time now. So, let’s go ahead and take a look at the Drag E60 “Ace in the Pocket”.

U48d9hu.jpg

dfekKu1.jpg

WHAT’S IN THE BOX?

VooPoo Drag E60 2550mAh Vape Device

2ml Refillable PnP Pod II

PnP TW30 0.3 Ohm Coil

PnP TW20 0.2 Ohm Coil

USB-C Charging Cable

User Manual

QKuxe8v.jpg

1662820219885.png

SPECIFICATIONS:

Size: 94*24.9*46mm

Battery: Built-in 2550mAh battery

Power Range: 5-60W

Input Voltage: 3.2V-4.2V

Charging Voltage: 5V/2A

Charging: Type-C charging

Mode: Smart/RBA/ECO Mode

Resistance Range: 0.1~3.0Ω

Capacity: 4.5ml (Standard Edition)

Filling: Top filling

Fit For: PnP Pod II, all PnP Coils

Color: Golden, Pink, Gray, Black, Coffee, Carbon Fiber

ke2aXPK.jpg

FEATURES:

• 2550mAh Battery
    • 5-60W Output
    • Smart Mode
    • Eco Mode
    • Compact Build
    • 2ml Top-Filling Pod
    • Mesh Coils
    Gel2Vhz.jpg

doRbUOw.jpg

JFzSExi.jpg

oIeddzu.jpg

QMzDC3K.jpg

6GQqcAq.jpg

RusNSJ9.jpg

EKsL2bR.jpg

INITIAL THOUGHTS:

The packaging for the E60 is standard Voopoo packaging and always pretty nice. Not as nice as the metal tins that the Argus XT and MT arrived in but nice enough for a less expensive device. On the front of the box is a very nice color picture of the device inside. You might notice that the Drag name on the mod looks a little odd. That’s because depending on how the light hits then it reflects the light differently. On the back side is the usual contents list, warning, company information, and authenticity code. The side of the box has some QR codes that if you use your phone will take you to the websites.

1662820828775.png

1662820857249.png

1662820890953.png

Once the outside cover is removed then you are greeted by a box on top that says “Just Drag”. The box contains the user manual, two coils, and USB-C charging cable. The E60 is then seen sitting in a plastic insert with the pod installed but there is not a coil pre-installed in the pod.
    1662820946517.png

The new PNP 2 Pod is a bit of a different design than what I’ve seen before. I am very happy to report that it is a top fill pod. Simply grab the drip tip and top cap and give it ¼ turn to open it for filling. There is a gasket over the fill ports with two points where a bottle tip can be inserted for filling. The drip tip and top cap are one piece so you cannot change the tip. It really hasn’t been an issue for me since I find the tip quite comfortable to use. You can see in the picture below that there is writing on the top cap which I personally find unnecessary but I guess it could be good to remind people that it uses the PNP series coils.

1662821001555.png

Here is where I noticed the biggest difference with the new PNP 2 Pod. Below you can see the bottom side of the pod with a coil installed. The bottom of the pod has these notches all the way around that reminds me of a metal gear on a piece of machinery. There is a reason for this. In the second picture below you can see the metal tooth sticking up in the pod opening on the mod. There are actually three of these teeth inside the opening and when you insert the pod you need to make sure that the pod fully seats in place so that the three teeth hit the slot openings on the pod. You can feel it when it goes all the way into place. What this does is when you turn the pod then it turns those teeth which are attached to the airflow control ring. It gives the E60 a really solid feeling airflow control so you don’t have to worry about accidentally moving the airflow control like I’ve experienced on some pod mods. Of course there are still three magnets on the base of the pod to help hold it down into place. They are strong enough that once partially inserted, the magnets will pull the pod the rest of the way in by themselves. However, if the teeth aren’t aligned with the slots then you may need to give it a little wiggle to let it drop the rest of the way in place. Once the pod is installed correctly then it will make contact with the two gold plated spring loaded contacts inside the pod opening of the mod.
    1662821058167.png

1662821090778.png

1662821118795.png

Now let’s take a look at the E60 mod itself. The Drag name is on the left side of the mod in some type of material that depending on how the light hits it then it will look shiny. The body is made of zinc alloy and the brown stitched leather like material looks and feels very nice. There really isn’t any padding to speak of but I don’t feel like it needs it. On the exterior of the brown portion it looks like stitching around the perimeter. There is no branding on the right side and not even the usual Drag name stamped into the back of the leather like I’ve gotten used to seeing on most Drag mods. I’m not complaining. I’m all for minimal branding.

1662821169990.png

CSJuy2F.jpg

gQwPMiK.jpg

The front of the mod has a large round fire button near the top that has a little bit of a click to it but is not loose and doesn’t rattle. Below that is the nice color TFT display followed by the adjustment buttons mounted horizontally and a USB-C charging port. The mod has a charging rate of 5V/2A.

The display screen shows the following information.

• Drag name along with battery percentage and visual indicator
    • Mode of operation
    • Set wattage
    • Coil resistance and output voltage while firing
    • Puff counter and length of time of current puff
    The button/menu operation for the E60 is as follows.

• Press the fire button 5X to turn the device on/off
    • Press the fire button and the + button to lock/unlock the device
    • Press the + and – buttons to enter the menu system
    • Inside the menu you can pick from Mode(Smart, RBA, ECO), Puff reset, About Device, and Exit
    If you’ve ever used a Voopoo device then you are probably familiar with Smart and RBA modes. Smart automatically picks a set wattage depending on the resistance of the coil to help from allowing the user to run the coil too high which could damage it. RBA give the control to the user and can operate the mod within the entire output range of 5-60 watts. ECO mode is a new feature that I haven’t seen before. The ECO mode puts the mod into a power saving mode to help make the battery last longer. Also when you run the battery down to 40% then a message will pop up on the screen asking if you want to switch to ECO mode. I personally didn’t really notice a big difference but don’t really know how to judge battery life extension. I think I would have to spend more time with the kit and pay close attention to how many puffs I had on the counter when using normal and ECO modes.

There are multiple status notification and security protections built into the E60 via the Gene TT chipset used. They are as follows.

• Charging
    • Check battery
    • Max Power
    • Temp High
    • Timeout
    • Atomizer short
    • Check atomizer
    • Overtime protection
    • Output over-current protection
    • Low battery protection
    • Overheated protection
    • Over charge protection
    • Atomizer short circuit protection
    zxSAw5w.jpg

FINAL THOUGHTS:

I have to say that Voopoo has been really coming out with one great device after the next. I was very pleased with the size, appearance, and performance of the Drag E60 kit. I’ve been using the kit for over two weeks and have had zero issues. The mod performed beautifully and the pod with the included .2 and .3 ohm coils gave great flavor and vapor production. I would have to say that the .3 ohm coil is my favorite out of the two. I ended up running it at 35 watts with the airflow about 1/3 open and was very happy with the temperature of the vapor not being too hot. I personally don’t like an extra warm vapor. The .2 ohm coil is a good flavor producer also and obviously has to be run at higher wattage settings. For that one I was comfortable with it at 45 watts and the airflow still set just a little more open than the 1/3 that I was running on the .3 ohm coil.

I simply love that the pod is a top fill. You really can’t get a grip on the outer rim of the top cap but since the drip tip is fixed in place then you can grip it to turn the top cap ¼ turn to open it. Filling is pretty mess free with a standard 10 or 50ml bottle. I wouldn’t recommend filling with a glass dropper since it has the gasket over the fill ports. Tanks with the gasket over the ports can get quite messy when using a glass dropper since there is always some residual liquid on the outside surface of the glass dropper.

I didn’t experience any leaking and no real sign of condensation in the time that I tested the E60 with the PNP 2 pod tank. I even purposely let it sit unused for a day or two to see if it would then leak like some tanks do when they sit unused and there was still no leaking.

The mod itself is very comfortable to hold and depending on your hand size you might be able to envelope the entire mod in the palm of your hand. I’m still not crazy about how the mod goes into a rest or sleep mode and when you pick it up then it doesn’t fire the first time you press the fire button. I am very familiar with this function as it has been used on many of the Voopoo devices that I have tested. I do wish they could incorporate a function where you could turn it off if so desired.

So here we are at the end again and you probably know the answer but I’ll ask anyway. Would I recommend the Drag E60 for you? Well, if you’re looking for a pod mod that performs flawlessly and gives some different coil options and works with all PNP coils then absolutely yes I would recommend it. I just happen to have a decent stock of PNP coils and plan on keeping this one in my rotation for some time to come.

Thanks to Voopoo and Nical for sending the Voopoo Drag E60 for this review. It is a real pleasure dealing with Voopoo. Thanks goes out to the readers that take the time to read my reviews. I truly appreciate it. Below is a link to the Voopoo website for your viewing pleasure.

DRAG E60-VOOPOO VAPE Spark Your Life
    x9VM4rr.jpg

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread