Status
Not open for further replies.

bigbob2322

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Jul 27, 2014
    Schiller PK IL USA
    Hello again everyone and welcome back for another review. Todays review comes to us from Voopoo and this one is very special because it's on a limited edition kit that can be purchased from Voopoo themselves and only 1000 of them have been produced. This kit has everything a vaper would need from the Drag Max, PNP Pod, MTL 2ML Pod. rta Pod, another PNP Pod, cotton, coils for the RTA Pod, extra grub screws, Allen head wrench, Type-C charge cord, user manual and a array of coils to make any vaper happy including this reviewer. I know when you all see this kit everyone will be saying one word ( WOW ). I will try to cover everything included in this kit but will mainly be focusing on the Drag Max and RTA Pod because I've covered the regular PNP Pods in many earlier reviews and as always lets get to know what's included in this fantastic kit from Voopoo, so feast your eyes on the DRAG MAX LIMITED EDITION KIT

20201002_125000.jpg

COLORS

VOOPOO-DRAG-Max-177W-TC-Kit-with-PNP-Tank_02_10ddc1.jpg

INCLUDED IN THIS KIT

VOOPOO_PnP_MTL_Pod_Cartridge_2ML.jpg

VOOPOO_PnP_MTL_Pod_Cartridge_Lip_Bionic_Design.jpg

VOOPOO_PnP_MTL_Pod_Cartridge_New_PnP_Coil.jpg

PNP POD

VOOPOO_Drag_Max_Kit_Magnetic_Atomizer.jpg

VOOPOO_Drag_Max_Kit_Powerful_Magnet.jpg

2ML RTA POD

VOOPOO-RTA-Pod-Tank-2ml_06_80684b.jpg

DRAG MAX

PARAMETERS

Size: 122 x 50.25 x 25mm
    Power Range: 5-177W
    Capacity: 4.5ml/TPD 2ml
    Resistance Range: 0.1-3.0Ω
    Output Voltage: 6.4-8.4V
    Battery: Dual 18650 external battery (Not Included)
    Material: Zinc Alloy +Leather
    Standard Coils: PnP-VM6 / PnP-VM5
    Compatible Coils: All of PnP coils

VOOPOO-DRAG-Max-177W-TC-Kit-with-PNP-Tank_04_a864f8.jpg

SMART MODE AND RBA MODE

VOOPOO_Drag_Max_Kit_Two_Modes.jpg

EIGHT PROTECTIONS

VOOPOO_Drag_Max_Kit_Safety_Protections.jpg

GENE.FAN 2.0 CHIP

VOOPOO_Drag_Max_Kit_New_Chip.jpg

ATTRACTIVE

VOOPOO_Drag_Max_Kit_Material.jpg

DUAL 18650 DEVICE

VOOPOO_Drag_Max_Kit_Battery.jpg

COMPATIBLE WITH ALL PNP PODS

VOOPOO_Drag_Max_Kit_Universal_PnP_Atomizer_Platform.jpg

DUAL INTERFACES

VOOPOO_Drag_Max_Kit_Dual_UI.jpg

Well folks as you have seen in the opening picture Voopoo went all out with this kit. When I opened it up and saw it included the RTA Pod I was a happy camper because I really hoped Voopoo would someday send it for review.

As I said earlier todays review will be focused on the Drag Max and the RTA Pod because I've covered the PNP Pods in other reviews so lets start with the Drag Max first. Basically the Drag Max is a Drag X with more power because this is a dual 18650 battery device instead of the single in the Drag X and now takes the shape of a dedicated box mod with a new display menu and 2 different display theme interfaces called IRON and CORE with IRON being used in portrait position and CORE being used in landscape position.

IRON INTERFACE THEME

20201004_131703.jpg

CORE INTERFACE THEME

20201004_135613.jpg

Both displays are very bright and vivid with your information placed in different locations on each one. I personally don't have a favorite liking both themes equally the same. The Drag Max uses Type-C for it's USB connection and is located under the adjustment buttons below the display screen.

There really is no menu because the Drag Max is a wattage only device not even bypass is offered which makes it very simple to operate. There are a couple of button combinations used for a couple things, one being pressing and holding down both the up and down buttons at the same time brings the theme screen up and pressing either adjustment button will move you to the other theme then hold the power button for 2 seconds to change themes.

Holding down the power and minus button will clear your puffs on the puff counter. You can also lock the device but only the whole device not just the adjustment buttons by pressing and holding the power and plus button at the same time. I really wish Voopoo would change this to wattage only lock because locking the whole device makes no sense at all. A simple 5 clicks of the power button turns the device both on or off.

That's a very simple easy bare bones of a menu and since I only vape in wattage mode I have less things to go through, but still wish there was a wattage adjustment lock only.

The Drag Max uses the same proven airflow selector as the Drag X and it performs just as well on the Drag Max giving a very nice range of adjustment that is smooth, whistle free and relatively quiet. The post in front has just the right amount of resistance when adjusting.

20201004_122248.jpg

I'm glad that Voopoo has kept the theme of wrapping their devices in leather, it really gives the device a bold, clean and very upscaled look. I'm also surprised on the weight of the Drag Max, I don't think it's light but lighter than most dual 18650 devices.

20201004_115051.jpg

The battery door is located on the bottom of the device and seems to be solid and holding tight, never opening on me unless I opened it myself. Battery polarity is only marked on the door itself , no plus and minus markings inside the device.

20201004_185237.jpg

The build deck of the RTA Pod is very easy to build on and the coil almost seats itself under the post screws. Wicking is also a easy task on this Pod with large wick slots.

20201004_100356.jpg

There is a small negative with the RTA Pod and can be a real pain if not done correctly. The fill port for your juice is small and if you try to fill the tank quickly you will end up with a mess. Use the smallest tip bottle preferably one with a narrow tip and fill the Pod with the bottle tip on one side so air can escape when filling.

20201004_103713.jpg

Because the mouth opening is fairly wide bore and your coil is less than 1/2 inch away from your lips you can also use it as a RDA.

20201004_104842.jpg

FINAL THOUGHTS

Well folks the Drag Max has been a problem free device in the couple of weeks I've used it and must say the new themes look great having all the information laid out well. The PNP Pods performed as they always do as well as the many coils that Voopoo provided in this great kit.

I really like the RTA Pod and have been using it daily . I forgot to mention that the wattage adjustment scrolling is fast also. Airflow is still the same as the Drag X which is a proven winner. I like everything in this kit but wish on future devices that Voopoo would give the option of locking only wattage adjustments and not the entire device. The only other thing I had to adjust to was the filling method of the RTA Pod because of the size of the fill port. I will continue to use the Drag Max as well as everything in this beast of a kit. I think the Drag Max is another winner for Voopoo.

20201004_192015.jpg

I would like to thank Judy and Voopoo for sending the Drag Max Limited Edition Kit for review and I also hope some of you folks were able to get one for yourselves, it really has everything you could want and everything in it is a proven winner.

THANK YOU
    BIGBOB2322

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread