hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    Thanks for joining me again for another review. Today I’ll be discussing the newly released voopoo drag Nano 2 that was sent to me by Voopoo to provide a fair and honest review for you. I never had a chance to try the original Nano so will not really be able to do a fair comparison. I will instead just focus on my experience testing the Nano 2 and do my best to point out the features. The Nano 2 contains an 800mah battery with a maximum output of 20 watts. The included pods have a liquid capacity of 2ml and are compatible with Vinci Pod cartridges.

upload_2021-10-17_10-33-29.png

upload_2021-10-17_10-33-47.png

upload_2021-10-17_10-34-18.png

WHAT’S IN THE BOX?

upload_2021-10-17_10-35-4.png

upload_2021-10-17_10-35-27.png

SPECIFICATIONS:

upload_2021-10-17_10-36-15.png

FEATURES:

- Stylish and Exquisite Appearance

- Top-Fill and Visible Cartridge

- Leak-Resistant Pod System

- Customized Various vape Experiences

- Three-Level Adjustable Power

- Compatible with VINCI Pod Cartridge

upload_2021-10-17_10-39-7.png

upload_2021-10-17_10-39-41.png

upload_2021-10-17_10-39-57.png

upload_2021-10-17_10-40-17.png

Last edited:

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    upload_2021-10-17_10-42-1.png

upload_2021-10-17_10-41-33.png

INITIAL THOUGHTS:

The packaging of the Nano 2 is simplistic with a slide off cover that has a picture of the device on the front. Inside is the device with one pod installed but it has a plastic film on the bottom to keep the user from firing the pod without filling it first. Also inside is a second pod, USB-C charging cable, user manual, and a lanyard chain. I don’t like lanyards and don’t use them but some people may find it useful. To me the Nano 2 is small enough to fit in just about any pocket so for me there is no need for a lanyard.

On each side of the mod is a smooth colored panel that has a textured appearance underneath and depending on how the light hits it, then its appearance changes a little. I received what I would call a light blue colored one. On one side is the word DRAG in silver letters and on the other side is the VOOPOO name. The side panels aren’t really fingerprint magnets but do show a little smudging.

upload_2021-10-17_10-42-48.png

upload_2021-10-17_10-43-4.png

On the front side of the device is the airflow control slide at the top. On mine the slide is very stiff and will not move accidentally when stored in a pocket. Below that are three indicator lights which show the battery level and also will indicate one of three available output levels. Near the bottom is the fire button which besides firing the device, also turns it on and off as well as allows the user to change between the three output levels.

upload_2021-10-17_10-43-40.png

On the bottom of the unit is the USB-C charging port which allows a 5v/ 1A charging rate. Given that charging rate, the battery should fully charge in approximately 45-50 minutes. Also on the bottom of the unit are the words Gene Chip etched in the bottom plate. Unfortunately with the port on the bottom, the unit cannot be stood up while charging.

upload_2021-10-17_10-44-20.png

On the top of the unit is the port where the 2ml pod is inserted. There are two spring loaded gold plated contacts and the airflow sensor since the Nano 2 can be button fired or used in auto draw. There aren’t any magnets on this one. The pod simply snaps into place and holds very well. Also on the top is a slot where the included lanyard chain can be attached.

upload_2021-10-17_10-45-56.png

upload_2021-10-17_10-46-11.png

The operation of the Nano 2 is very simplistic.

- Press the fire button five times to turn the device on or off

- Press the fire button three times to enter the output adjustment mode

- Once in that mode, press the button to cycle through the three settings which are indicated by different color lights

- High=White, Medium=Green, Low=Blue

- After making your selection, the lights will go out after three seconds

Besides the lights indicating the output level, they also indicate the battery level by the number of lights that are lit when you fire the device. The following are the battery indication levels.

- Three lights= 66-100%

- Two lights= 33-66%

- One light= <33%

The lights also give the user the following indications:

upload_2021-10-17_10-47-22.png

Attachments

• upload_2021-10-17_10-40-55.png
      upload_2021-10-17_10-40-55.png
      137.9 KB · Views: 7
    Last edited:

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    upload_2021-10-17_10-48-29.png

The pods that are included in the Nano 2 kit are .8 and 1.2 ohm. They hold 2ml of liquid and are top fill. You just push the mouthpiece to one side to snap it off and underneath you find the rubber cover that seals the fill port from leaking. I very much like and appreciate a top fill pod like this. It’s just a lot less hassle to refill. I was a little surprised to find that I actually liked the 1.2 pod a little better with the airflow closed down to about 1/3. Both pods delivered decent flavor and vapor production for such a small device. I also like that the pods are clear so you can easily see the liquid level and each pod has the resistance printed on the side of the pods.

upload_2021-10-17_10-49-13.png

Whenever, I receive a new pod device for a review, one of the first things I look for is to see if it has an airflow control. This feature in my opinion can be a make it or break it option for some devices. I was very glad to see that the Nano 2 does in fact have an airflow control. The slide on mine is very stiff but am glad that it doesn’t move when putting it in or taking it out of a pocket.

FINAL THOUGHTS:

After less than stellar experiences with auto draw on some Voopoo devices that I’ve reviewed, I was very happy with the auto draw on the Nano 2. In my opinion it works very well like it should. I think I may have fired it just a few times with the button. The auto draw on this one comes natural to me and prefer to not use the fire button.

The tiny sized Drag Nano 2 was a bit of a surprise to me. I hadn’t tried the original but with the small size and past experiences, I really wasn’t expecting much. I was however pleasantly surprised. The chrome looking part of the body does leave fingerprint marks but the side panels really weren’t bad at all.

The ability to top fill the pods and that they seem to be leak resistant from my experience is a big plus. It’s nice to not have to remove the pod and try to find the fill plug on the side or bottom like a lot of pod devices. Also, the ability to adjust the airflow is a big deal to me on pod devices. I like that I am seeing that on more and more pod devices like the Nano 2.

I felt like both of the included pods delivered decent flavor and vapor for such a small device. I was overall pleased with the Drag Nano 2 and would like to thank Voopoo and Milo for sending it for review. No, I didn’t forget the readers. Thank you so much for taking the time to read my reviews. Below is a link to the product page on the Voopoo website.

VOOPOO VAPE Spark Your Moments

Attachments

• upload_2021-10-17_10-48-6.png
      upload_2021-10-17_10-48-6.png
      1.1 MB · Views: 11
    Reactions: FranC
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread