Status
Not open for further replies.

bigbob2322

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Jul 27, 2014
    Schiller PK IL USA
    Hello friends and welcome to today's review of the next version of the drag nano from Voopoo called the Drag Nano 2. The Nano 2 is a tiny device that sports a 800mAh internal battery and has some features most every vaper wants in a device that I'll cover in the review but first lets get to know the Drag Nano 2 .

Drag-Nano-2-Pod-Kit-11.jpg

FEATURES

• 1. Small but powerful, delicate and unique
    • 2. Zinc alloy material for ultimate metallic hand feeling
    • 3. Lanyards for easy vaping anytime and anywhere
    • 4. Innovative infinite airflow system to deliver the most authentic flavor
    • 5. Top filling system, easy and leak-resistant
    • 6. 2ml e-juice capacity, visible and transparent
    • 7. Compatible with Drag Nano 2 Pod Cartridge/VINCI Pod Cartridge
    • 8. Super sensitive atomizer and powerful Gene chip for the fast ignition
    • 9. Equipped with two Pods of 0.8Ω and 1.2Ω to deliver different flavor
    • 10. Powered by built-in 800mAh battery with 20W max output
    • 11. Smart match or 3 adjustable power modes for your option
    • 12. 3-color LED lights to clearly show you the output power and battery status
    • 13. Output over-current/over discharge/max power/short-circuit/overtime/over-temperature/overcharge protection

COLOR CHOICES

Drag-Nano-2-Pod-Kit-13.jpg

Drag-Nano-2-Pod-Kit-14.jpg

IN THE BOX

Drag-Nano-2-Pod-Kit-25.jpg

POD AND MOD PARAMETERS

Drag-Nano-2-Pod-Kit-23.jpg

LANYARD CONNECTION WITH SUPPLIED LANYARD

Drag-Nano-2-Pod-Kit-15.jpg

CLEAR POD

Drag-Nano-2-Pod-Kit-19.jpg

2 POD CARTRIDGES INCLUDED - ( 0.8Ω ) - ( 1.2Ω )

Drag-Nano-2-Pod-Kit-22.jpg

COMPATIBLE WITH VINCI POD CARTRIDGES

Drag-Nano-2-Pod-Kit-20.jpg

EASY TOP FILL

Drag-Nano-2-Pod-Kit-18.jpg

FULLY ADJUSTABLE AIRFLOW

Drag-Nano-2-Pod-Kit-16.jpg

3 POWER LEVELS

Drag-Nano-2-Pod-Kit-17.jpg

GENE CHIP

Drag-Nano-2-Pod-Kit-21.jpg

7 SAFETY PROTECTIONS

Drag-Nano-2-Pod-Kit-24.jpg

ATRIBUTES

Drag-Nano-2-Pod-Kit-12.jpg

UNBOXING AND FIRST IMPRESSIONS

The first thing that surprised me was how weighty the package was because this device is supposed to be so tiny, this is a standard box without a top in a sleeve that when pulled out reveals the contents box. In the box is the user manual, lanyard chain, 2nd pod cartridge and charge cord sitting on top of the Drag Nano.

Like I said above the weight really surprised me because I thought like so many other devices of this size it would be cheaply made but the Drag Nano actually feels solid. Pre-installed in the device is the 0.8Ω pod cartridge, these pod cartridges click into place when pushed down, it feels like a tight connection when connected.

The devices finish on the blue one that was sent to me is smooth to the touch but looks like there is texture with a 3-D type of look in some lighting. Chrome surrounds the device and that makes for a good look but also makes it a fingerprint magnet.

20211018_131826.jpg

On the the Drag Nano 2 the pod cartridge that's pre-installed is the 0.8Ω mesh that has a piece of plastic covering the contact points with first use instructions printed on it and must be removed before it can be used, there are no magnets holding the pod in place instead tiny tabs above the Voopoo name on the pods are used to click in place, you can hear the click when installing the pod.

20211021_143911.jpg

Both Gold colored contact pins inside the device are spring loaded and between them are the 2 auto-draw nozzles that are black in color. No where in the user manual or on Voopoo's website mentions that the Drag Nano 2 is a auto-draw only device but on the one that was sent to me this is the case.

On my Drag Nano 2 the power/fire button does not fire the coil but only is used to change power levels and powers the device on/off as well to check battery strength so it's a auto-draw only device.

20211018_142549.jpg

This is a better picture showing the lanyard connection point as well as the great auto-draw nozzles that perform great.

20211018_142757.jpg

Auto-draw works extremely well on any airflow selection that I have tried, the pod cartridge uses 3 airflow holes to channel the airflow to the coil inside, the draw is smooth as well.

20211018_143134.jpg

I'm so happy to report that the top fill on the pods work very well without leaving a mess when filling. To access the fill port simply tilt the mouthpiece backward to unsnap it from the cartridge then lift off, you will hear a click when putting the mouthpiece cover back on.

20211021_010219.jpg

Voopoo uses a thin fill port membrane cover to plug the fill port, slide your finger upward over the end with the arrow to lift the plug, the fill port in pretty large but I don't think it would work for glass dripper tips. Juice viewing is no problem having a clear pod.

20211018_143810.jpg

On the bottom of the device is the type-c charge port, I really with if was on the bare side of the device since there's plenty of room for it being empty, it was probably not possible because of the configuration of the internals. Gene chip is printed along side of it.

20211019_123947.jpg

The Drag Nano 2 offers 3 power levels that are color coded on the 3 bright led lights, also the LED lights drop 1 by 1 as the battery is depleted.

POWER LEVEL COLORS

* LOW - Blue

* MED - Green

* HIGH - White

BATTERY STRENGTH LIGHTS

* 3 Lights - 66-100%

* 2 Lights - 33-66%

* 1 Light - 33% Or Under

The front face of the device is where all the controls and lights are, as I mentioned earlier the chrome in a very sharp look but quickly gets covered with fingerprints.

At the top is the airflow control that has a very tight resistance to it ( perfect ) that will not come off the setting you select when carried in a pocket.

Airflow can be adjusted from a loose to somewhat tight draw, I will say this in more of a MTL device but fully open a tight RDL vape can be had.

Below the airflow control are the power and battery strength LED indicator lights and below them is the the power button.

The way to switch power levels is by pressing the power button quickly 3 times then every press after will change the power levels, the LED lights will change colors and can be seen indoors but are very dim, but outside in direct sunlight they cannot been seen because there so dim.

20211019_123917.jpg

I no longer own the original Drag Nano having given it to a driver that delivers supplies at my job but if memory serves me right the original Drag Nano was thinner. One thing to note is that while charging the device can't be vaped and the power levels can't be changed either, basically you can't do anything with it while it's charging.

PROS

* Tiny

* Cute

* Lanyard Connection

* Includes Lanyard

* Top Fill

* 3 Power Levels

* Fully Adjustable Airflow With Perfect Resistance

* Ships With 2 Pods

* Type-C

* Great Auto-Draw

* 800mAh Internal Battery

* Comfortable Mouthpiece

* Compatible With Vinci Pod Cartridges

* Clear Pod

CONS

* Fingerprint Magnet

* Very Dim LED Lights

* Charge Port On The Bottom

USING THE DRAG NANO 2

I have been using the Drag Nano 2 for about 10 days and in that timeframe have not had any leaking or seeping of juice from either pod. Normally I gravitate toward a lower ohm resistance but I actually prefer the 1.2Ω pod even though it's a cooler vape than I prefer. I used this as a MTL only and am very happy with the results.

Flavor is very good and improves after a break in of about 1 pod of juice, I used 2 flavors in testing that I 100% know their profile and that Drag Nano 2 brought the flavors out vey well.

Being a auto-draw only device it better work well or your in trouble, the auto-draw works great on the Drag Nano 2 and is smooth as well. I really like the airflow because it's fully adjustable from a tight RDL to a tight MTL.

The airflow selector will not move once set unless you move it, perfect for a pocket or handbag.

This is a tiny device and having a lanyard connection is a nice touch that some people will find convenient to use and you get the metal chain with the device.

The Blue color that was sent to me looks alright but scuffs easily and picks up oils from your hands dulling it's look after a while, a fast buff with a cloth brings it back to looking good.

20211019_144617.jpg

Overall I like the Drag Nano 2 and think that Voopoo did a nice job with it, hopefully I keep this one without finding someone looking to quit smoking and give it to them as I did with the original Drag Nano.

I would like to thank Aimer and Voopoo for providing the Drag Nano 2 for the purpose of this review. I do recommend the Drag Nano 2 for a out and about device that has really good flavor and performs great.

THANK YOU
    BIGBOB2322

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread