hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    Hello once again. Today I’m here to talk about not one but two new kits from Voopoo. These are the latest addition to the Drag family of pod mods. They are the Drag X Pro and the Drag S Pro. Besides the size difference, the X Pro can use a 21700 or 18650 battery while the S Pro has an internal 3000mah battery. Both are similar in this new design upgrade and have some really nice new features along with a newly developed pod tank. I will get into that more later. For now let’s see what’s included in both kits and take a look at some of the new features then I’ll give my opinions on how both performed.

upload_2021-8-20_21-8-59.png

upload_2021-8-20_21-9-21.png

upload_2021-8-20_21-9-42.png

WHAT’S IN THE BOX?

DRAG X:

VOOPOO-Drag-X-Pro-Kit-package.jpg

DRAG S:

VOOPOO-Drag-S-Pro-Kit-Package-List.jpg

upload_2021-8-20_20-49-29.png

DRAG X SPECIFICATIONS:

VOOPOO-Drag-X-Pro-Kit-specification.jpg

DRAG S SPECIFICATIONS:

VOOPOO-Drag-S-Pro-Kit-Specifications.jpg

FEATURES:

1. One button switch( turn on/off or device locked)

2. Brand new TPP X Pod Tank

3. Stable output with boost circuit

4. 360 degree infinite airflow system

5. Gene. Fan 3.0 Chip inside

6. Supports Auto and button activation modes

DRAG X PRO:

VOOPOO-Drag-X-Pro-Kit-mode.jpg

VOOPOO-Drag-X-Pro-Kit-battery.jpg

VOOPOO-Drag-X-Pro-Kit-chip.jpg

VOOPOO-Drag-X-Pro-Kit-feature2.jpg

VOOPOO-Drag-X-Pro-Kit-feature3.jpg

VOOPOO-Drag-X-Pro-Kit-protection.jpg

DRAG S PRO:

VOOPOO-Drag-S-Pro-Kit-Adjustable-Power.jpg

VOOPOO-Drag-S-Pro-Kit-3000m-Ah-Battery.jpg

VOOPOO-Drag-S-Pro-Kit-Airflow-System.jpg

VOOPOO-Drag-S-Pro-Kit-Details.jpg

VOOPOO-Drag-S-Pro-Kit-Features.jpg

VOOPOO-Drag-S-Pro-Kit-Modes.jpg

VOOPOO-Drag-S-Pro-Kit-More-Power.jpg

VOOPOO-Drag-S-Pro-Kit-New-GENE-FAN-3-0-Chip.jpg

INITIAL THOUGHTS:

Both of the units arrived in small boxes that are pretty standard packaging from Voopoo. Inside of each kit was the mod, the new TPP X Pod Tank, two coils, USB-C charging cable, and user guide.

The Drag X came with the TPP .15 ohm coil rated at 80-100 watts according to the literature and the .2 ohm coil is rated 40-60 watts. The X uses a replaceable battery and can be used with a 21700 battery or an 18650 battery with the included battery adapter.

The Drag S came with a .3 ohm coil rated for 32-40 watts and a .15 coil rated for 60-80 watts. The .15 coil is not the same as the one that came with the Drag X. This one is a TPP-DM1 and the one that came with the X is a DM3. The Drag S has an internal 3000mah battery.

The Drag X and the Drag S are very similar in appearance with both kits coming with the same tank that holds 5.5ml of liquid. Both mods have the same configuration on the front which has the fire button on top followed by the display screen, the + and – buttons, the new “One Switch”, and the USB-C charging/update port near the bottom.

upload_2021-8-20_21-2-22.png

On the left side of the frame are the words “Designed by Voopoo” and on the right side are the words “Gene Chip inside”. On the back is a nice leather like wrap with the words “Drag X Pro” or “Drag S Pro” stamped into the leather depending on which mod you are holding at the time. Above the leather is the new 360 degree airflow control. I very much like how it is built into the mod frame and we no longer have the rod sticking out for airflow adjustment like there have been on past versions. A definite improvement in my opinion. There is a wide airflow slot as well as a single small hole that would be good for a tight MTL for those that like that. Of course, above the airflow control there is the receptacle for the pod tank. Both mods now have an airflow sensor that allows the user to activate the mod by button firing or auto draw. I found the auto draw worked best with the airflow control mostly closed. The airflow sensor on both kits is offset inside the pod receptacle so it’s not in line with the coil and is thus somewhat protected against any liquid leakage.

upload_2021-8-20_21-3-2.png

Like I mentioned earlier, the S mod has an internal battery but the X mod can use either a 21700 or an 18650 battery with the included adapter. On the bottom of the mod is the hinged battery door. There is a small slide release on the cover used to open the lid. I found it to work very well compared to some other mods that I have used in the past that were often a little difficult to open. It did not appear that there was any markings on the inside of the mod for battery polarity but there is a – sign on the flip up cover underneath to indicate which way to install the battery.

upload_2021-8-20_21-3-44.png

On the .96” TFT display the following information is given going from top to bottom.

- The word Drag and battery level indicator

- Set wattage and mode of operation( S= Smart/ R= RBA) TC will be available for download on the Voopoo website

- Voltage under load and coil resistance

- Length of current puff and Puff counter

The menu operation for both mods is somewhat simplified due to the addition of the One Button Switch. Just like other Drag devices, the mods go into standby after a period of time and when you’re ready to use them again then you must press the fire button once before it will fire.

- Press the fire button five times to turn the device on and off

- Press the fire button and the – button to clear the puff counter

- Press the + and – buttons to enter the menu where the choices are Switch, Mode, and Exit

- Once selected using the fire button, the switch menu allows you to use the switch to either lock or turn off the device. Once locked, the auto draw will still operate.

- Mode allows you to switch between Smart and RBA modes

VOOPOO-Drag-X-Pro-Kit-tank.jpg

Both kits include the new TPP X Pod tank. It is a really different design from the prior PNP and TPP pods. The tip included has two o rings and a metal ring on the bottom that matches the tank. Below that is the new fill port design. You have to press the black fill port cap and turn the ring to the left and then the plug can be pulled away to fill the 5.5ml tank. The tank section is made of food grade PCTG. The body of the tank is made of stainless steel. The TPP X Pod tank uses the TPP series coils but has a wide range of compatible coils. The chart on top is from the Drag S Pro literature and the one below is for the Drag X Pro.

upload_2021-8-20_21-5-56.png

I of course preferred the .2 ohm coil in the Drag X and preferred the .3 ohm coil in the Drag S. It had been a while since I had used a TPP coil and forgot how good the flavor and vapor production is with them. I do like these coils and have tested them during prior reviews. The .15 ohm coil included with the Drag X is just out of my range of operation. I just can’t do more than a couple puffs at 80-100 watts. I just am not comfortable running higher than 60-70 watts even with 3mg liquids.

If you aren’t familiar with the TPP series of coils, they are a push and pull coil just like the original PNP coils but have larger liquid flow openings in them. I think both coil types were very good but have experienced some leakage with the PNP coils in the past. I have not up to this point experienced any leaking with the TPP coils that were included in both kits.

upload_2021-8-20_21-6-54.png

upload_2021-8-20_21-7-15.png

FINAL THOUGHTS:

I very much enjoyed testing the Voopoo Drag S Pro and the Drag X Pro. I like that the S has the large 3000mah battery and also like that the X can use the 21700 size battery for longer battery life especially when running higher settings.

The new features like the 360 degree airflow control, the One Button Switch, Auto fire, Gene 3.0 with boost circuit are all welcome additions to these devices. Also the new TPP X Pod Tank design is very nice in my opinion. To be honest it took me a little bit to figure out the new fill port design. I didn’t get at first that you needed to push in on the black tab in order to turn the ring and open the port for filling. I’m ecstatic that they moved away from the bottom fill port that was used on both the PNP and original TPP pods.

I even liked the included Drip tip which is usually one of the first things I would normally change. I do think that if I was going to consistently use this tank in auto fire mode then I would probably use a tip with a little more restricted airflow in order to get better performance from the airflow sensor. I felt like the tank produced very good flavor and vapor production but the airflow ring had to be mostly closed in order for the auto draw function to work well. Once I had it dialed in though I was pretty happy with it.

It has been promised that in the future users will be able to download an update so that temperature control will be available in the menu along with Smart and RBA modes. The cable that comes with the kit must be used in order to update and the triangle shape on the cable connector must be pointed down in order for the mod to update.

Here we are again. So, would I recommend the Drag S Pro and the Drag X Pro for you? I think it’s good that there are two options to fit those that have to have replaceable battery units and also fit those that prefer to charge an internal battery. I almost forgot to mention that the Drag S charges at 5v/ 2.5A which is a very nice charging rate but it is recommended to use the included cable from Voopoo. So, in conclusion, if you would like a very well performing pod mod with many coil options then Yes I would recommend whichever of the two would best fit your type of use. I’d like to thank Voopoo and Aimer for sending these two kits for this review and I have thoroughly enjoyed using them. As always, a big thanks goes out to the readers. Below are links to the Voopoo site for the two devices that were covered in this review.

VOOPOO VAPE Spark Your Moments

VOOPOO VAPE Spark Your Moments

uthinkofsomething

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 7, 2015
    Toledo, Ohio
    A friend of mine got a Drag S about three weeks ago. He vaped a little a few years ago but gave up on it. He's trying to quit smoking, and so far has cut back and enjoys the Drag S a lot. I think I need to get him onto some of the MTL style coils that are compatible.
    I didn't know (and I wonder if my friend does) that it had the autodraw option.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    A friend of mine got a Drag S about three weeks ago. He vaped a little a few years ago but gave up on it. He's trying to quit smoking, and so far has cut back and enjoys the Drag S a lot. I think I need to get him onto some of the MTL style coils that are compatible.
    I didn't know (and I wonder if my friend does) that it had the autodraw option.

This is the new Pro edition. I don’t know if the older S model had auto draw. These two were just released.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread