VooPoo Drag Update Version: V1.5.1.26, Date:2017/5/19

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carl2

ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2016
I received my unit a few days ago it came with version DRAG V1.0.0.1. I downloaded the app and update flies Version: V1.5.1.26. I was able to edit the start screen and have my name appear. I found 27 files in the Resource file and put about 7 in the unit, so I now have a voltage mode and a power mode for wattage. I was able to find the Drag V1.0.01 and downloaded that file so I would be able to bring it back to the original state it was in when I received it. It would have been nice to know what the files being put in were. Any info on this would be helpful.

Carl2

ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2016
I've put in the Drag V1.0.01 and brought back the unit to the original condition so knowing that can be done makes me feel a little more confident about trying new things with it. It is capable of using the smok BBB tanks with SS coils in temp mode. The original system has a nice simple navigation system which I like, I'll have to see how much that changes after adding 27 files to it and go from there. Doesn't seem like to many people are interested in this but I am.

Heartsdelight

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 10, 2015
I've put in the Drag V1.0.01 and brought back the unit to the original condition so knowing that can be done makes me feel a little more confident about trying new things with it. It is capable of using the Smok BBB tanks with SS coils in temp mode. The original system has a nice simple navigation system which I like, I'll have to see how much that changes after adding 27 files to it and go from there. Doesn't seem like to many people are interested in this but I am.
Like us know your findings ;) I gave mine to the hubby I told him about the update. We'll see, I don't think he will do the update, he's not OCD like I am, I would've done it already :)

Carl2

ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2016
If he decides to do an update be sure he has an DRAG V1.0.0.1 which the unit is shipped with, it is available on line with a search. I just put everything in, some files the app said it could not read, about 4 or more. The end result was a very dim screen and the unit would not fire. I put in the DRAG V1.0.0.1 and it was brought back to the original condition.
Still a great vaporizer,

Heartsdelight

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 10, 2015
If he decides to do an update be sure he has an DRAG V1.0.0.1 which the unit is shipped with, it is available on line with a search. I just put everything in, some files the app said it could not read, about 4 or more. The end result was a very dim screen and the unit would not fire. I put in the DRAG V1.0.0.1 and it was brought back to the original condition.
Still a great vaporizer,
Thanks! Oh dear, that's not good, so you are back to the V1.0.0.1 version?

Reactions: stols001

Fozzy71

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 7, 2016
8 Mile + 2.5
V1.5.1.26. I was able to edit the start screen and have my name appear. I found 27 files in the Resource file
where are these 27 files exactly? I found that file you mentioned but from what I can tell by file size and modified date it is no different than the software on the voopoo site that lets you update/customize your drag

edit: how do you make this thing not shut off after x minutes so you have to 5 click it to vape if it has been sitting?

Fozzy71

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 7, 2016
8 Mile + 2.5
I began doing the testing on update 1 at a time, in 2 days I have got 5 test completed so doing all 27 will take a while.
Making a file of what happens after putting in each update which I'll put in at a latter date.
I still have no idea what these 27 files are you refer to. The version number you mention above downloads the configuration software which just has a single installer exe file, which I have installed. Then there are the 2 xwdf files that I downloaded and tested but I had to roll back to 1.0.0.1 because of that auto off in the most recent firmware.

BlackCRX

ECF Veteran
Feb 20, 2014
Vancouver Canada
I believe he's referring to the files that are in the actual gene folder where the program is installed. I tried to load a few of these files and from what I can tell they are just user files. Like different fonts and TCR settings for temp control materials.

I don't have the mod yet, it is on route to me so I'm just playing with the software and guessing this is what he's referring to

Fozzy71

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 7, 2016
8 Mile + 2.5
I believe he's referring to the files that are in the actual gene folder where the program is installed. I tried to load a few of these files and from what I can tell they are just user files. Like different fonts and TCR settings for temp control materials.

I don't have the mod yet, it is on route to me so I'm just playing with the software and guessing this is what he's referring to
ahhhhh thanks, didn't dig around in the install folder, that makes sense now. I look forward to hearing more of his findings to see if I want to tinker with those files.

Reactions: Heartsdelight

Carl2

ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2016
Okay a link to Version:V1.5.1.26,
vape user manual download | vape software download | VOOPOO VAPE
When downloaded it creates a folder Program Files (x86),
Gene, Voopoo, Bin, Resources, there are 27 files in the folder, extension, .URSC.
The version 1.0.0.1 can be downloaded but this file is an
.xwdf. The Voopoo app uses the .xwdf file in tab ROM Update. Version:V1.5.1.26, puts the .URSC files in Resources and you use the customize tab to load the files in the write them in.
On the webpage mentioned above is the version 1.0.0.1 version which can get you back to what I call the original version. Do not get the newbie, get the alpha version.
Some files you may find useful, some files could not be read, and some files well you probably want to got to the original version. Keep notes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread