Status
Not open for further replies.

bigbob2322

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Jul 27, 2014
    Schiller PK IL USA
    Hello again folks hope all is well for everyone, today I'm going to review 2 devices from Voopoo that are so similar that only a few things separate them from each other so I'll cover the differences between the 2 in one review. These are the new Drag X and Drag S that I feel are big upgrades of the Vinci and Vinci X. I can't really call these 2 pod systems because in my opinion there AIO's. First lets get to know both of these devices .

COLOR CHOICES FOR THE DRAG X AND DRAG S

VOOPOO_Drag_X_Mod_Pod_Kit_Colors.jpg

INCLUDED IN THE PACKAGE I RECEIVED

20200509_082458.jpg

DRAG X PARAMETERS

VOOPOO_Drag_X_Mod_Pod_Kit_Specification.jpg

DRAG S PARAMETERS

VOOPOO_DRAG_S_Mod_Pod_Kit_Specification.png

NEW GENE.TT CHIP

VOOPOO_Drag_X_Mod_Pod_Kit_Chip.jpg

DRAG S 2500 mAH BUILT IN BATTERY

VOOPOO_DRAG_S_Mod_Pod_Kit_Battery.png

SEVEN SAFETY PROTECTIONS

VOOPOO_DRAG_S_Mod_Pod_Kit_Protections.png

DRAG S MANUAL OR BUTTON ACTIVATED DRAW

VOOPOO_DRAG_S_Mod_Pod_Kit_Button.png

FEATURES FOR THE DRAG S

VOOPOO_DRAG_S_Mod_Pod_Kit_Features.png

POWERFUL MAGNETS AND CLEAR POD

VOOPOO_DRAG_S_Mod_Pod_Kit_Magnet.png

DRAG S INCLUDED IN THE PACKAGE

VOOPOO_DRAG_S_Mod_Pod_Kit_Package.png

DRAG X INCLUDED IN PACKAGE

VOOPOO_Drag_X_Mod_Pod_Kit_Package.jpg

As you can see both are very similar with the Drag X being ever so slightly taller and housing a replaceable 18650 battery where the Drag S houses a built in 2500 mAH battery. Bottoms of both units.

20200525_081458.jpg

Inside the Drag X is a red x showing proper battery placement.

BATTERY POSITIVE MARKING.jpg

The Pods are interchangeable with each device and are held in place with very strong magnets located at the bottom of the Pod as well as the big fill port.

20200508_131838.jpg

The Pod magnets connect to a metal ring inside the device.

POD ATTACH.jpg

Both devices Type-C charging ports are located in front and at the bottom of the device.

TYPE-C CHARGING PORT.jpg

Like most devices turning on and off is done by pressing the power button 5 times quickly. When both units turn on you are greeted with the Voopoo logo followed by the firmware version it's using, then the screen appears showing what Voopoo calls the smart screen, it shows the recommended wattage , coil Ω, battery level , volts, lock symbol, puff counter and a new feature Voopoo calls their score ranking mode in which you rack up different characters by the size of your clouds.

The smart screen is something I like for 2 reasons, first the Gene chip will only allow you to raise your wattage to the maximum that the coil is rated for and second when using a new coil it is good to start low to bed it in and you might forget that your previous coil setting might have been set at a higher setting. Voopoo has a RBA coil for both Drags and like the Vinci X has a mode for that also by pressing the power button 3 times quickly.

There are 2 colors for the different modes being red for the smart mode and blue for the RBA mode.

SMART MODE AND RBA MODE SCREENS.jpg

The Drag S can be powered to 60 watts in RBA mode while the Drag X can be powered to 80 watts. Pressing the power and up buttons at the same time locks the entire device not just the adjustment buttons.

Both the Drag X AND S have a new airflow system that is a very nice upgrade from the Vinci line, now there is a true airflow adjustment from a very restricted to a very airy vape that works nicely using 2 airflow slots at each side and a post used to adjust.

AIRFLOW SELECTOR & AIRFLOW SLOT.jpg

As I said earlier only the Drag S can be puffed using the button or auto draw or both, I'm a button lover but have had no problem in auto puff mode.

Little brother and big brother side by side.

DRAG S & DRAG X.jpg

DRAG S & X SIDE BY SIDE.jpg

PROS OF THE DRAG S
    * ATTRACTIVE
    * COMFORTABLE
    * BUILT IN 2500 mAH BATTERY
    * TRUE AIRFLOW ADJUSTMENT
    * CLEAR POD
    * AUTO DRAW FEATURE
    * TYPE-C CHARGING
    * BRIGHT SCREEN
    * NO LEAK
    * EASY MENU SYSTEM
    * STRONG POD MAGNETS
    * BIG JUICE FILL PORT
    * LIGHTWEIGHT
    * SMOOTH AIRFLOW
    * COMPATIBLE WITH ALL PnP COILS

CONS OF THE DRAG S
    * SCORE RANKING MODE ( UNNEEDED , TAKES UP SCREEN SPACE )
    * NO VAPE WHILE CHARGING
    * NO ABILITY TO ONLY LOCK ADJUSTMENT BUTTONS

PROS OF THE DRAG X
    * ATTRACTIVE
    * COMFORTABLE
    * REPLACEABLE 18650 BATTERY
    * TRUE AIRFLOW ADJUSTMENT
    * TYPE-C CHARGING
    * BRIGHT SCREEN
    * EASY MENU SYSTEM
    * CLEAR POD
    * NO LEAK
    * BIG JUICE FILL PORT
    * STRONG POD MAGNETS
    * LIGHTWEIGHT
    * SMOOTH AIRFLOW
    * COMPATIBLE WITH ALL PnP COILS

CONS OF THE DRAG X
    * SCORE RANKING MODE ( UNNEEDED , TAKES UP SCREEN SPACE )
    * NO VAPE WHILE CHARGING
    * NO ABILITY TO ONLY LOCK ADJUSTMENT BUTTONS

IMPRESSION OF BOTH DRAG DEVICES AFTER USING

Fist I have to say both devices are extremely attractive and comfortably with perfect button and airflow post placement, every adjustment can be made almost without looking at the devices. The great improvement in airflow adjustments from the Vinci line is like night and day. The screen is nice and bright and the menu system remains easy and simple to use. Iv'e had 0 issues with any of the supplied coils that have given good life and been very flavorful, as well as cloud producing.

I can see the reason for producing both a built in and replaceable battery device because some people just want a device that's as easy as plugging it in to charge, when charged unplug and go with only one thing to worry about ( charge at the end of the day ), while others like more options like a replaceable battery ( spares can be carried ). I've been able to get just to the end of my day using the Drag S so it makes no difference which one I take.

Using both devices has been a fantastic experience, with each new device Voopoo creates they really seem to get better and better, one reason being is Voopoo listens to it's customers on the improvements they want in new gear. I thoroughly have enjoyed both the Drag S and the Drag X and will continue to use both for myself ( wife doesn't get one ) only kidding she already claimed the Drag S for herself.

I would like to thank Judy and Voopoo for providing these devices for review, and I also hope this review helped anyone purchasing either the Drag S or the Drag X. You can't go wrong with either device.

THANK YOU
    BIGBOB2322

Last edited:

bigbob2322

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Jul 27, 2014
    Schiller PK IL USA
    Awesome review :wub:

The airflow - how would you describe it and how much of a range does it have?
    Hi Ange the airflow in my opinion is DL only, even closed down fully you can't get tight suction to draw for MTL, plus the mouthpiece is a big bore type, even with MTL coils I still think it's DL only but you like a very airy MTL so it might work for you.

Last edited:

bigbob2322

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Jul 27, 2014
    Schiller PK IL USA
    Nice review, and it does appear to be a nice device.

I wonder how the magnets gonna hold up with my destructive tendencies towards magnets generally..... They must be rather strong.

Anna
    Hi Anna the magnets used with both drags are some of the strongest made for a vaping device, you must use a lot of effort to remove the pod from the device.

Rob B.

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 24, 2019
    goodbye
    I think you both are going to happy with the performance and gorgeous looks.

Hoping for a decent color. She didn't ask me what color I wanted. If I had thought about it, I'd have asked her for the dark red chestnut one, and if she could throw in an rba. Oh well. Any of the 4 on the left will do. They are sharp looking devices. :pop:

Aliraonz

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Feb 26, 2020
    New Zealand
    Hoping for a decent color. She didn't ask me what color I wanted. If I had thought about it, I'd have asked her for the dark red chestnut one, and if she could throw in an rba. Oh well. Any of the 4 on the left will do. They are sharp looking devices. :pop:

I like all the colours but I prefer number 1 and 4 from left to right. We don't know what we will get aye @Rob B. It doesn't really matter, its free and all good looking anyway :wub:

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread