Status
Not open for further replies.

bigbob2322

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Jul 27, 2014
    Schiller PK IL USA
    Hello again everyone and welcome back for today's review that comes from Voopoo and is on 1 of 2 new releases with the first being the drag 3 that I reviewed earlier, If you didn't get a chance to check it out I will leave you this link. VOOPOO DRAG 3 KIT REVIEWED BY BIGBOB2322 . The 2nd release is on today's review, the Drag X Plus Kit. The Drag X Plus Kit is a single 21700, 20700 or 18650 battery device with the supplied adaptor in the kit. The Drag X Plus has a wattage range of 5-100w with a couple of vaping modes of your choice. Before the review let's get to know the Voopoo Drag X Plus a little bit.

COLOR CHOICES

Drag-X-Plus-Kit-13.jpg

INCLUDED WITH THE KIT

VOOPOO-Drag-X-Plus-Box-Kit_07_alRai.jpeg

DIMENSIONS

VOOPOO-Drag-X-Plus-Box-Kit_05_SWytU.jpeg

PARAMETERS

VOOPOO-Drag-X-Plus-Box-Kit_06_C4jXy.jpeg

BATTERY CHOICES 21700, 20700, 18650 WITH ADAPTER

Drag-X-Plus-Kit-25.jpg

SMART MODE AND RBA MODE

VOOPOO-Drag-X-Plus-Box-Kit_04_1poCz.jpeg

LIGHTWEIGHT AS WELL AS PORTABLE

VOOPOO-Drag-X-Plus-Box-Kit_02_Xzf95.jpeg

POWER AND VERSATILITY

Drag-X-Plus-Kit-12.jpg

MAX 100 WATT POWER OUTPUT

Drag-X-Plus-Kit-22.jpg

GENE.FAN 2.0 CHIP

Drag-X-Plus-Kit-21.jpg

EIGHT SAFETY PROTECTIONS

Drag-X-Plus-Kit-28.jpg

ALL NEW TPP POD/TANK

VOOPOO-Drag-X-Plus-Box-Kit_03_iE0xH.jpeg

COMPATIBLE WITH ALL PNP POD/TANKS

Drag-X-Plus-Kit-17.jpg

UNIVERSAL 510 INTERFACE

Drag-X-Plus-Kit-18.jpg

NEW TPP COILS

Drag-X-Plus-Kit-19.jpg

Drag-X-Plus-Kit-20.jpg

SAME POWERFUL MAGNET ATTACHMENT SYSTEM

Drag-X-Plus-Kit-27.jpg

DUAL DISPLAY THEMES

Drag-X-Plus-Kit-23.jpg

FIRST IMPRESSIONS

Opening up the package and sliding out the container from the sleeve reveals the device and pod/tank sitting in a foam cutout with the kit contents in a rectangular box below them. Inside the box are your coils, charge cable, 18650 battery adapter and user manual. Presentation was good but had a bit of trouble getting the rectangular box containing the kit contents out because of tightness, be careful and take your time getting the box out or you risk ripping it.

20210128_132218.jpg

The 510 of the Voopoo Drag X Plus is located on the back side of the top of the device and any 24mm atomizer will work except a atomizer with a squonk pin in it of course. The 510 does have cuts in it that go all the way to the end so if you connect a atomizer to it that gets the air supply from the 510 you are good to go, also the 510 plate is very slightly raised and will help protect the finish of the top plate from getting scratches from atomizer bottoms.

20210128_142232.jpg

FIT AND FINISH

The Drag X Plus has a body of what I think is a magnesium alloy because of it's lightweight but don't quote me on that. The finish on my review device has a gunmetal color that matches the pod/tank very well as does the Drag branding that has raised letters and sits in a rectangular box above the spine of the device. All corners are rounded off making the device very comfortable to use. The inner body of the device has a very soft leather that carries across the spine of the device as well. There is some branding on both sides at the bottom with one side having Gene and the other having Voopoo, both are attractive little markers that I don't find intrusive at all.

20210121_145925.jpg

BATTERY DOOR

The battery door is located on the bottom of the device and seems to be a very secure door, I never had a accidental opening of it in the time I've used it. Battery polarity is marked on the battery door itself with a negative - symbol, there is no marking for battery polarity inside the battery tube. Although I don't recommend using any device as a battery charger the Drag X Plus gives the user 5v fast 2a type-c charging if you are in a pinch with no battery charger handy.

20210121_130727.jpg

20210128_133621.jpg

COILS AND POD/TANK

As you can see in the contents of the kit, Voopoo has a new Pod/Tank called the TPP and it's juice capacity has been increased to 5.5ml from the PNP Pod/Tank, and with the new Pod/ Tank come new coils for it. The new coils are the TPP-DM2 0.2Ω and the TPP-DM1 0.15Ω and both are mesh coils with the 0.2Ω rated for between 40-60w and the 0.15Ω rated between 60-80w. The new TPP coils are considerably larger than the previous PNP coils and also have a larger diameter as well as the wicking surface also has been increased. Everything is the same as the proven PNP such as the airflow selector on the 510 adaptor base, connection method which remains strong magnets at the bottom of the Pod/Tank as well as the fill port still in the same spot at the bottom of the Pod/ Tank. You now have the ability to use your own drip tips if you wish, I have no problem using the supplied drip tip finding it to be comfortable to use. Below is a photo of the coils increased diameter as well as larger wicking material. One thing that I want to point out is that all PNP Pod/Tanks will work in the 510 adapter including the Voopoo RTA Pod/Tank.

20210127_132105.jpg

DISPLAY SCREEN

The tradition of a big bright and vivid display screens of past Voopoo devices continues in one of their latest releases. The display screen is very bright being able to view it in direct sunlight and the lettering as well as numbers are very crisp and vivid as well as colorful no matter which modes you choose to use with each having their own color.

VAPING MODES

SMART MODE - ( YELLOW COLOR )

Voopoo gives the user a smart mode that limits the wattage that the user can increase to , only allowing wattage to be adjusted to the maximum wattage of the Voopoo coil that's being used so the user can't burn out a coil with too much wattage for said coil, another feature of smart mode is that Voopoo starts the user off with a suggested wattage for said coil, this is just a starting wattage for the user to begin vaping safely. you can rest knowing that in smart mode you won't burn out your coil prematurely. Smart mode allows the user to reach 80w maximum.

20210128_135009.jpg

RBA MODE - ( BLUE COLOR )

In the RBA mode you can use your own atomizers and put the desired built of your choice and have a maximum wattage output of 100w, you can use RBA mode when using Voopoo coils for a different color screen but you will lose the suggested coil starting wattage recommendation.

20210128_135416.jpg

DUAL UI THEMES

I am very happy to inform you that Voopoo has kept the 2 themes used in previous devices, both look and operate fine but having a choice makes it nice especially for myself because although the Iron theme is a straight forward look of information on the display screen I prefer the Core theme because it is different from the ordinary looking screen that have been shown in the above pictures, below is the Core display theme screen.

20210128_140343.jpg

CLASSY APPEARANCE

Since receiving both of Voopoo's new Drag kits they have been with me everyday at work or our running errands and although the Drag 3 is a more of a traditional box mod, it's rounded corners and somewhat slim design fit just fine in a jacket pocket, but the Drag X Plus is even more versatile when out and about. Both are very attractive as each have their own identity in the looks department there is a special classy look with the Drag X Plus. IMO

20210128_142515.jpg

FINAL IMPRESSIONS

My final impressions are that I like the Drag X Plus very much and the new TPP pod/tank and coils perform great while giving us vapers more juice capacity with the option to use your own drip tip if you desire to do so but the supplied drip tip is very comfortable and works just fine, I saw no need to change it for one of my own.

Both of the new TPP coils perform very well giving off slightly better flavor than the proven PNP coils. With the increased diameter of the TPP coils you will get a lot more airflow as well as vapor so be careful not to set off any smoke detectors ( I have already ) . LOL

Keeping the diameter of the new TPP pod/tank the same as the PNP pod/tank is fantastic because users that already own PNP pod/tank's can interchange each using the 510 adapter of either pod/tank

The mod has never failed me in the time I have been testing it and it fires instantly without hesitation. Buttons are solid and firm and match the color of the metal which also adds to it great appearance. The display screen is very informative with a bright vivid array of your 2 color choices as well as themes.

There are only 2 cons that I have with this kit and the pros far out weight the 2 cons and they are #1 when the airflow is closed down to half or lower a slight whosh sound develops and the 2nd con is you can't lock wattage adjustments only, when you lock you are locking the entire device from operating, turning it off serves the same purpose.

So the big question is do I recommend the Drag X Plus, the answer is a resounding yes I do recommend this kit. It has given me 0 problems and functioned flawlessly for me in the time I've been reviewing it, with great flavor and vapor the TPP will be the new flagship in the pod/tank of Voopoo's new devices.

I would like to thank Chloe and Voopoo for providing the Drag X Plus for the purpose of this review, and I also hope that this review helped anyone looking to purchase the Drag X Plus from Voopoo.

THANK YOU
    BIGBOB2322

bigbob2322

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Jul 27, 2014
    Schiller PK IL USA
    Good review as always @bigbob2322

Hopefully I can manage to get one of these before all the bans come in.
    Thank's Nailz I'm glad that you enjoyed it and maybe I'm mistaken but I thought you won both the Drag 3 as well as the Drag X Plus in a contest here at ECF, I hope that it was you I seen as the winner.

Nailz

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Jun 6, 2013
    Wichita, KS
    Thank's Nailz I'm glad that you enjoyed it and maybe I'm mistaken but I thought you won both the Drag 3 as well as the Drag X Plus in a contest here at ECF, I hope that it was you I seen as the winner.

Nope unfortunately not, I was hoping to score on the Drag X plus, but not so lucky this time :)

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread