hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    Howdy folks! I’m back again today to talk about the new Drag X Plus Professional edition mod that was sent to me by Voopoo in order to provide a fair and honest review. Several months ago I reviewed the Drag X Plus which I very much enjoyed testing and used for quite a while. It included the TPP pod tank but this time I only received the mod without the tank. From what I understand there is a new TPP 2.0 tank but I haven’t tried it so can’t really comment on how it is different. However, I just grabbed the TPP tank out of the first kit to test the Professional edition with it. The Pro edition is very similar to the Plus but has one big change in the output that it will provide.

upload_2021-7-14_20-30-43.png

upload_2021-7-14_20-31-8.png

WHAT’S IN THE BOX?

1* Drag X Plus Professional Edition Mod
    1* Type-C Cable
    1* User Manual

upload_2021-7-14_20-32-15.png

SPECIFICATIONS:

Size 28*34.5*139mm

Battery Single 18650/21700 battery (not included)

Output Wattage Range 5-100W

Input Voltage 3.2V-4.2V

Material Zinc, Leather, PCTG

Output Mode VW, SMART, RBA

Screen Display 0.96 inch TFT screen

Resistance Range 0.1-3.0ohm

Coil Compatibility TPP series coil

Tank Capacity 5.5ml

Tank Resistance TPP DM1 0.15ohm, TPP DM2 0.2ohm

Thread 510

Charging Type-C charging

Color Black+Black, Black+Coffee, Silver+Grey, Silver+Retro Brown, Silver+Blue

upload_2021-7-14_20-33-20.png

FEATURES:

• 1. Supports single 18650/21700 battery
    • 2. 5-100W output power range
    • 3. Powered by new GENE FAN 2.0 chip
    • 4. Comes with new TPP 2.0 Pod Tank
    • 5. Supports VW/SMART/RBA mode
    • 6. 0.96 inch TFT screen
    • 7. Compatible with TPP & PnP & 510 platform
    • 8. Type-C charging design
    • 9. Two-way convection airway structure
    • 10. Magnetic suction pod
    • 11. Safety protections: Overtime/Short-circuit/Overcharge/Output Over-current/Over Discharge/Over-temperature/Max Power/Battery Reverse Protection

VOOPOO-Drag-X-Plus-Professional-Edition-Kit-5-5ml.jpg

VOOPOO-Drag-X-Plus-Professional-Edition-Kit-100-W-max.jpg

VOOPOO-Drag-X-Plus-Professional-Edition-Kit-510-Platform.jpg

VOOPOO-Drag-X-Plus-Professional-Edition-Kit-Battery-Type.jpg

VOOPOO-Drag-X-Plus-Professional-Edition-Kit-Chip.jpg

VOOPOO-Drag-X-Plus-Professional-Edition-Kit-Coil-Included.jpg

VOOPOO-Drag-X-Plus-Professional-Edition-Kit-Dual-UI.jpg

VOOPOO-Drag-X-Plus-Professional-Edition-Kit-Features.jpg

VOOPOO-Drag-X-Plus-Professional-Edition-Kit-Lightweight.jpg

VOOPOO-Drag-X-Plus-Professional-Edition-Kit-Pn-P-Platforms.jpg

VOOPOO-Drag-X-Plus-Professional-Edition-Kit-Safety-Protections.jpg

VOOPOO-Drag-X-Plus-Professional-Edition-Kit-TPP-Coils.jpg

VOOPOO-Drag-X-Plus-Professional-Edition-Kit-TPP-Pod-Tank.jpg

INITIAL THOUGHTS:

The packaging for the Pro is simple but nice. Upon opening it, I immediately noticed the nice leather on this one. The Drag X Plus that I reviewed before had the light blue brushed material on it. I like the leather look much better on this new one. I like the grey well enough but honestly was hoping for the dark blue one.

The frame of the mod is made from a zinc alloy material and looks nearly identical to the Plus besides the lettering in the leather. The mod supports 21700 batteries as well as the 18650 with the included adapter. It has a range of 5-100 watts and has the Smart and RBA modes just like the earlier model. There are two display types also just like the original which are Iron and Core. I personally prefer the Iron display on this mod as the Core display comes up horizontally so you have to turn the mod sideways to read it.

Facing the display side, you have the fire button that has no rattle on top with the display directly beneath that. Below the display is the + and – buttons with the USB-C charging port below that. To the right of the display there is just “Gene chip inside” etched into the metal. On the opposite side from that is the Voopoo name etched into the metal. On the rear of the unit there is the leather wrap and “DRAG X” stamped in large letters with the word “PLUS” in much smaller letters below that. On top is the 510 connector held in with two screws and it has a spring loaded gold plated center pin. On the bottom is the battery door which has a single arrow indication which way to slide the cover in order to install the battery. It operates very easily. On the inside surface of the battery door it has a – symbol indicating how to install the battery. Everything I described is identical to the Plus except the Plus I received had a suede type finish on the wrap on the back.

upload_2021-7-14_20-43-37.png

upload_2021-7-14_20-44-12.png

upload_2021-7-14_20-44-39.png

upload_2021-7-14_20-45-6.png

upload_2021-7-14_20-45-53.png

upload_2021-7-14_20-46-22.png

IMG-5586.jpg

The menu or button operation is fairly simple without a lot of bells and whistles. The button sequences are as follows.

- Press the fire button five times to turn the mod on and off

- Press the fire button three times to switch between Smart and RBA modes

- Press both buttons to switch between the two available display themes which are Core and Iron

- Press the fire button and the + button to lock the device. This unfortunately not only locks the adjustment buttons but also keeps the unit from firing.

- Press the fire button and the – button to clear the puff counter

Once again, this is the same operation as the Plus model. What is the main difference on the Professional edition is that it has the Gene.Fan 2.0 chip with .001 firing speed and Dynamic Stable output and an output range up to 8.5v which means this one has boost where previous versions did not. I was able to run a 21700 battery down until the display showed a tiny red spot in the battery indicator without noticing a difference in the output. This was running a .2 TPP coil at 49 watts. I also tried a 1.2 ohm coil in a different tank and ran the wattage up and was able to get 5.8 volts output on the display. I didn’t want to go any higher or I would have burned the wicking in the coil. However, to me that verified that it does in fact have a boost circuit that works.

VOOPOO-Drag-X-Plus-Professional-Edition-Kit-Two-Modes.jpg

FINAL THOUGHTS:

I very much enjoyed testing the Voopoo Drag X Plus Professional edition mod. I do wish that I had gotten the TPP 2.0 tank to try but did not. The Plus and Pro editions are basically identical besides the branding on the leather and the Pro has the boost circuit that will most likely appeal to experienced users. It was a funny coincidence that I received the Pro for review with the boost circuit after just recently being involved in a discussion about whether another device did or didn’t have boost and it ended up that it didn’t.

The Plus and Pro both are very lightweight and on the small side in my opinion for a 21700 mod. Both are comfortable in the hand and I definitely prefer the leather wrap compared to the Plus with the suede feel. I’m sure the boost capability of the Pro will appeal to some and to some it won’t make a difference who don’t know any better.

One thing that I always forget about Voopoo products is once the screen goes dark, you can’t just pick it up and vape on the first fire button press. It’s kind of a safety feature in case you hit the button while picking it up so it doesn’t fire on you. So you have to press the button twice the first time after waking it up to fire the tank. It sounds like a really simple thing but even after using the Plus, Pro, Argus Gt, and some others, I still forget at least once a day. One other thing that I thought was nice was I thought I had a scratch on the screen not realizing that the screen has a plastic film screen protector on it. I just peeled the film off and no more scratch.

Are you wondering if I would recommend this mod? Yes, I definitely would. I really like it and plan on continuing to use it for some time. Here I am at the end of another review. I’d like to thank Chloe and Voopoo for sending the Drag X Plus Professional edition mod for this review. Also a big thank you to the readers. It’s very much appreciated. Below is a link to the Voopoo site if you’d like to take a look.

VOOPOO VAPE Spark Your Moments

NolaMel

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 17, 2012
    New Orleans
    Howdy folks! I’m back again today to talk about the new Drag X Plus Professional edition mod that was sent to me by Voopoo in order to provide a fair and honest review. Several months ago I reviewed the Drag X Plus which I very much enjoyed testing and used for quite a while. It included the TPP pod tank but this time I only received the mod without the tank. From what I understand there is a new TPP 2.0 tank but I haven’t tried it so can’t really comment on how it is different. However, I just grabbed the TPP tank out of the first kit to test the Professional edition with it. The Pro edition is very similar to the Plus but has one big change in the output that it will provide.

View attachment 949085

View attachment 949087

WHAT’S IN THE BOX?

1* Drag X Plus Professional Edition Mod
    1* Type-C Cable
    1* User Manual

View attachment 949089

SPECIFICATIONS:

Size 28*34.5*139mm

Battery Single 18650/21700 battery (not included)

Output Wattage Range 5-100W

Input Voltage 3.2V-4.2V

Material Zinc, Leather, PCTG

Output Mode VW, SMART, RBA

Screen Display 0.96 inch TFT screen

Resistance Range 0.1-3.0ohm

Coil Compatibility TPP series coil

Tank Capacity 5.5ml

Tank Resistance TPP DM1 0.15ohm, TPP DM2 0.2ohm

Thread 510

Charging Type-C charging

Color Black+Black, Black+Coffee, Silver+Grey, Silver+Retro Brown, Silver+Blue

View attachment 949091

FEATURES:

• 1. Supports single 18650/21700 battery
    • 2. 5-100W output power range
    • 3. Powered by new GENE FAN 2.0 chip
    • 4. Comes with new TPP 2.0 Pod Tank
    • 5. Supports VW/SMART/RBA mode
    • 6. 0.96 inch TFT screen
    • 7. Compatible with TPP & PnP & 510 platform
    • 8. Type-C charging design
    • 9. Two-way convection airway structure
    • 10. Magnetic suction pod
    • 11. Safety protections: Overtime/Short-circuit/Overcharge/Output Over-current/Over Discharge/Over-temperature/Max Power/Battery Reverse Protection

VOOPOO-Drag-X-Plus-Professional-Edition-Kit-5-5ml.jpg

VOOPOO-Drag-X-Plus-Professional-Edition-Kit-100-W-max.jpg

VOOPOO-Drag-X-Plus-Professional-Edition-Kit-510-Platform.jpg

VOOPOO-Drag-X-Plus-Professional-Edition-Kit-Battery-Type.jpg

VOOPOO-Drag-X-Plus-Professional-Edition-Kit-Chip.jpg

VOOPOO-Drag-X-Plus-Professional-Edition-Kit-Coil-Included.jpg

VOOPOO-Drag-X-Plus-Professional-Edition-Kit-Dual-UI.jpg

VOOPOO-Drag-X-Plus-Professional-Edition-Kit-Features.jpg

VOOPOO-Drag-X-Plus-Professional-Edition-Kit-Lightweight.jpg

VOOPOO-Drag-X-Plus-Professional-Edition-Kit-Pn-P-Platforms.jpg

VOOPOO-Drag-X-Plus-Professional-Edition-Kit-Safety-Protections.jpg

VOOPOO-Drag-X-Plus-Professional-Edition-Kit-TPP-Coils.jpg

VOOPOO-Drag-X-Plus-Professional-Edition-Kit-TPP-Pod-Tank.jpg

INITIAL THOUGHTS:

The packaging for the Pro is simple but nice. Upon opening it, I immediately noticed the nice leather on this one. The Drag X Plus that I reviewed before had the light blue brushed material on it. I like the leather look much better on this new one. I like the grey well enough but honestly was hoping for the dark blue one.

The frame of the mod is made from a zinc alloy material and looks nearly identical to the Plus besides the lettering in the leather. The mod supports 21700 batteries as well as the 18650 with the included adapter. It has a range of 5-100 watts and has the Smart and RBA modes just like the earlier model. There are two display types also just like the original which are Iron and Core. I personally prefer the Iron display on this mod as the Core display comes up horizontally so you have to turn the mod sideways to read it.

Facing the display side, you have the fire button that has no rattle on top with the display directly beneath that. Below the display is the + and – buttons with the USB-C charging port below that. To the right of the display there is just “Gene chip inside” etched into the metal. On the opposite side from that is the Voopoo name etched into the metal. On the rear of the unit there is the leather wrap and “DRAG X” stamped in large letters with the word “PLUS” in much smaller letters below that. On top is the 510 connector held in with two screws and it has a spring loaded gold plated center pin. On the bottom is the battery door which has a single arrow indication which way to slide the cover in order to install the battery. It operates very easily. On the inside surface of the battery door it has a – symbol indicating how to install the battery. Everything I described is identical to the Plus except the Plus I received had a suede type finish on the wrap on the back.

View attachment 949105

View attachment 949107

View attachment 949109

View attachment 949111

View attachment 949113

View attachment 949115

IMG-5586.jpg

The menu or button operation is fairly simple without a lot of bells and whistles. The button sequences are as follows.

- Press the fire button five times to turn the mod on and off

- Press the fire button three times to switch between Smart and RBA modes

- Press both buttons to switch between the two available display themes which are Core and Iron

- Press the fire button and the + button to lock the device. This unfortunately not only locks the adjustment buttons but also keeps the unit from firing.

- Press the fire button and the – button to clear the puff counter

Once again, this is the same operation as the Plus model. What is the main difference on the Professional edition is that it has the Gene.Fan 2.0 chip with .001 firing speed and Dynamic Stable output and an output range up to 8.5v which means this one has boost where previous versions did not. I was able to run a 21700 battery down until the display showed a tiny red spot in the battery indicator without noticing a difference in the output. This was running a .2 TPP coil at 49 watts. I also tried a 1.2 ohm coil in a different tank and ran the wattage up and was able to get 5.8 volts output on the display. I didn’t want to go any higher or I would have burned the wicking in the coil. However, to me that verified that it does in fact have a boost circuit that works.

VOOPOO-Drag-X-Plus-Professional-Edition-Kit-Two-Modes.jpg

FINAL THOUGHTS:

I very much enjoyed testing the Voopoo Drag X Plus Professional edition mod. I do wish that I had gotten the TPP 2.0 tank to try but did not. The Plus and Pro editions are basically identical besides the branding on the leather and the Pro has the boost circuit that will most likely appeal to experienced users. It was a funny coincidence that I received the Pro for review with the boost circuit after just recently being involved in a discussion about whether another device did or didn’t have boost and it ended up that it didn’t.

The Plus and Pro both are very lightweight and on the small side in my opinion for a 21700 mod. Both are comfortable in the hand and I definitely prefer the leather wrap compared to the Plus with the suede feel. I’m sure the boost capability of the Pro will appeal to some and to some it won’t make a difference who don’t know any better.

One thing that I always forget about Voopoo products is once the screen goes dark, you can’t just pick it up and vape on the first fire button press. It’s kind of a safety feature in case you hit the button while picking it up so it doesn’t fire on you. So you have to press the button twice the first time after waking it up to fire the tank. It sounds like a really simple thing but even after using the Plus, Pro, Argus Gt, and some others, I still forget at least once a day. One other thing that I thought was nice was I thought I had a scratch on the screen not realizing that the screen has a plastic film screen protector on it. I just peeled the film off and no more scratch.

Are you wondering if I would recommend this mod? Yes, I definitely would. I really like it and plan on continuing to use it for some time. Here I am at the end of another review. I’d like to thank Chloe and Voopoo for sending the Drag X Plus Professional edition mod for this review. Also a big thank you to the readers. It’s very much appreciated. Below is a link to the Voopoo site if you’d like to take a look.

VOOPOO VAPE Spark Your Moments
    I enjoyed that. A lightweight 21700 sounds intriguing. Size wise, what would you compare it to?

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    I enjoyed that. A lightweight 21700 sounds intriguing. Size wise, what would you compare it to?

It’s just a little taller and about the same width as the Z80.

Opinionated

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 19, 2015
    My Mountain
    It’s just a little taller and about the same width as the Z80.

is it as comfortable in the hand as the Z80?

Do you feel like the branding is "showy" or does it seem discreet?

Are there any sharp corners on this?

Does the display features seem to cause extra battery drain or is the battery life in this pretty good?

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    is it as comfortable in the hand as the Z80?

Do you feel like the branding is "showy" or does it seem discreet?

Are there any sharp corners on this?

Does the display features seem to cause extra battery drain or is the battery life in this pretty good?

To me it is as comfortable to hold as the Z80. I haven't noticed any sharp corners. To me the Drag stamped in the leather is a little big for my taste but my hand is always covering it when I'm using it so it's not really a big deal to me. I got about 425 puffs running it at 49 watts with a 21700 battery. It was still working but the battery indicator had turned red so I decided to go ahead and put a new battery in but really did not notice any difference in output with the low battery indicator.

Opinionated

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 19, 2015
    My Mountain
    To me it is as comfortable to hold as the Z80. I haven't noticed any sharp corners. To me the Drag stamped in the leather is a little big for my taste but my hand is always covering it when I'm using it so it's not really a big deal to me. I got about 425 puffs running it at 49 watts with a 21700 battery. It was still working but the battery indicator had turned red so I decided to go ahead and put a new battery in but really did not notice any difference in output with the low battery indicator.

Thank you so much! Very good review hitt!

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread