Voopoo Maat Tank - a review by a regular vaper ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

AngeNZ

ShutterBug
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Contest Winner!
  • Mar 24, 2018
    New Zealand
    Thank you to @VOOPOO_Thea for sending me this tank - I'm not a reviewer, just a regular vaper. But I would like to pass on my thoughts and experience of using this tank.

vrxu42mb2cq21.jpg

The Maat tank is the first to have a Middle Adjustable Airflow Tank (MAAT)

Specifications:

Size: 56 x 28mm(Standard) & 56 x 24.5mm(TPD)
    Capacity: Standard 4ml & TPD 2ml
    Coil: MT-M1 0.13ohm Single Mesh Coil(60-85W); MT-M2 0.2ohm Dual Mesh Coil (50-80W)
    Material: Stainless Steel & Glass
    Way to Refill: Standard: Top fill with automatic gap; TPD: Top fill with child safety lock
    Thread: 510
    Drip tip: Proprietary

Your colour choices:
    1554775334_0b3587.jpg

What's in the box:

4ml Standard Edition

• 1x MAAT Tank(4ml)
    • 1x MT-M2 0.2ohm Coil(Pre-installed)
    • 1x MT-M1 0.13ohm Coil
    • 1x Glass Tube 2ml
    • 6x Sealing O-Ring
    • 1x User Manual
    box.jpg

Coils:

3 coils are available:
    VOOPOO-MT-Replacement-Coil-for-Maat-Tank-3pcs_02_62b0ae.jpg

M1 - mesh single coil
    M2 - mesh dual coil
    M3 - mesh tri coil

This tank has an extremely easy non-messy coil swap feature. Unscrew the bottom base, pop out the old coil - pop in the new. It works effortlessly

Top Filling:

top.jpg

Probably the most unique top fill mechanism I've seen. Push a metal button, and the top slides off (switchblade style). It's a nice big fill port - plently of room for a chubby gorilla bottle nozzle.

Using the tank:

I tried the pre-installed mt-m2 0.2ohm coil. Left it to soak in overnight. Airflow was set halfway.

I first vaped it at 20 watts - It's called 'priming' and gearing myself up to go higher - (I'm usually a mtl low wattage vaper ;)).

Next up was 30 watts, and I was already getting good flavour. I disconnected the smoke alarm, put on my 'tough girl' boots and took it up to 40 watts - impressive clouds and flavour. And as a bonus it was still a very cool vape.

I breezed into 50 watts, and finally 65 watts - I was making my own weather pattern with the clouds it put out. Flavour was even better - very very close to an RTA flavour wise. Airflow was smooth, and the tank vaped extremely well - moist thick vapour. Temp wise it was a slightly warm vape.

Summary:

I'm impressed with this tank - it has it all - smooth airflow, awesome flavour, and plenty, bucket loads, even truck loads of vapour ;)

The quick easy top-fill mechanism - along with the easy coil swap system - it's going to be a contender in the DL subohm tank market. The mesh coils have plenty of flavour and very fast ramp up times.

Cons:

Only one - proprietary delrin drip tip. It's close in size to an 810, comfortable to use - but I'd prefer the option of using my own

Pros:

Great top fill mechanism
    Smooth innovative airflow
    Excellent flavour
    Drip tip doesn't get too hot
    3 different coil options (2 included with the tank)
    Excellent no mess coil swap system

tank.jpg

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread