Not open for further replies.

Z-Lee

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
  • Apr 17, 2021
    Upper Midwest
    N1pUKQVYThaJaA_wQEEWXQ.png

**Some pictures were used from sourcemore.com & VooPoo.com**

Welcome to another addition of Z-Lee's overly done reviews. I'd to say that this review will be quick and thorough, but I know the former portion would be lying. So, without adieu, I'd like to introduce you to the voopoo vinci 2. I was told when the product was being sent, that it was a Vinci X2, so when I started looking up pictures for the X2 and noticed that my pod kit did not look like the pictures I was looking at, I was a bit confused at first. I didn't even notice on the box when I opened it that it wasn't an X2, lol. The biggest differences between the Vinci 2 and Vinci X2 is the battery. The Vinci X2 is a bit bigger and has room for an 18650 with a wattage range that extends up to 80 watts. I'll get into that information regarding the Vinci 2 down below.

I want to thank @VOOPOO_Thea for arranging the giveaway back in June and having the product sent. I'm a huge VooPoo fan simply because their products are sleek and they fire instantaneously. For the price range their products compete in, they're hard to beat, although other contenders are quickly catching ground.

This review of the VooPoo Vinci 2 will be done without bias as I am not affiliated or gaining benefits from VooPoo, simply a lucky giveaway winner. Yes I enjoy VooPoo products, but nothing is perfect. Also, I abhor misinformation.

I've been chugging on this puppy for about 3 weeks now. That is the extent of my experience with this mod, so any unknown information beyond that should be noted.

The not so quick and dirty.

What to expect in the box:

20210723_144231.jpg
    • VooPoo Vinci 2 Pod Mod
    • VooPoo Vinci 2 6.5mL Pod (2mL pod for TPD version)
    • PnP-VM1 0.3Ω Coil (Red)
    • PnP-TM2 0.8Ω Coil (Blue)
    • Type-C Cable
    • User Manual (Not shown)

Photo Storyboard:

Specs:

VOOPOO_VINCI_2_Kit_specification.jpg
    • Readable coil resistance between 0.15 to 3Ω.
    • Output Voltage: 3.2 to 4.2V (not buck boosted)
    • Output Power: 5-50W (Max wattage depends on coil used)
    • 0.8Ω could only reach 18 watts
    • 0.3Ω coil could only reach 40 watts.
    • RBA coil wattage cap will likely depend on coil resistance.

Coils in the Box:

czJdT4RSQ7iFnbqSH1BZ_g.png
    • PnP-VM1 will likely be more enjoyable for the RDL/DL vaper.
    • PnP-TM2 will likely be preferred by loose MTL vapers. There is no restricted MTL for this pod, more on this below.

Portability:

VOOPOO_VINCI_2_Kit_portable.jpg
    • The Vinci 2 is quite small and light.
    • Definitely compact enough to toss in your pocket or purse w/out being too noticeable.
    20210808_054042.jpg

Standing next to a Smok RPM 2S for comparison

Key Features:

VOOPOO_VINCI_2_Kit_feature.jpg
    • [Auto] Mode allows for an inhale to fire the mod. [A&P] Mode allows for an inhale or button fire. [P] Mode only allows for button fire.
    • All 3 Modes operate very well.
    VOOPOO_VINCI_2_Kit_coils.jpg
    • Coils not shown: TM1 (0.6Ω - MTL), TM2 (0.8Ω - MTL), TR1 (1.2Ω - MTL)
    VOOPOO_VINCI_2_Kit_UI.jpg
    • UI can be arranged both vertically and horizontally by holding down the (+) and (-) buttons simultaneously
    AFcontrol.jpg
    • "Infinite Airflow" is a one-size fits all. It doesn't achieve strict MTL or open DL very well. I'd say the range is very loose MTL to RDL.
    • Airflow valve is a small knobbed lever that you use to flip from open to close.
    • Top 2 pictures show fully open airflow for RDL
    • Bottom 2 pictures show fully closed airflow for loose MTL
    • For a more restricted airflow, covering the vent on the opposite side of the airflow control knob (bottom right picture) can help with this
    **Type-C charging port location can be seen here as well**

A Closer Look at the Pod:

Vinci2pod.jpg
    • 4 magnets to securely hold the pod in. These are quite strong and you won't have to worry about the pod coming out unless you were to drop it from quite a height.
    • Refill slot is on the side with a rubber cap fancied with the VooPoo Logo.
    • Opening is about double the width of a Gorilla bottle nozzle - no problems getting it in or out or causing a mess.

The UI:

20210723_145238.jpg
    • Readouts from left to right and top to bottom: Mod, Battery level, Wattage, Vape Mode ([-S-]) for Smart, RBA will likely be a [P] and show up with a UI color change to blue instead of yellow), Puff counter (currently at 568 of 99,999), Resistance in ohms, Voltage (reads out when fired), Vape timer, Arching vape timer animation (arch meter fills at 5.5ish seconds), and Activation Mode ([AUTO] vs. [A&P] vs. [P]).
    • If you've own anything from the newer VooPoo PnP series of vape products, you'll recognize the User Interface. I have a Drag Mini that has a completely different digital output (it is 4 or 5 years old but still kicking), and I'm not sure at what model they switched to the new layout. I can confirm that the Drag X Plus is identical to the Vinci 2 layout, and that the Argus GT also uses a very similar colorful display output. A few Drag X Plus Pro's are on the way and I can only assume they will look the same as well.
    20210808_144636.jpg

From left to right: Drag Mini, Argus GT, Drag X Plus, Vinci 2
    • The display on the Vinci has an auto-dimming feature at around 12 seconds, but offers the same bright display as the Argus GT and Drag X Plus when firing or adjusting.

The Cute ....-om: :wub:

20210723_150006.jpg
    • I thought this was a nice little add-on. No other VooPoo mod I own (or any mod that I own for that matter) has this little rubber gasket on the bottom that acts as a cushion. When setting it down, I don't hear the *clunk* like with other mods.
    • I do see this as being a possible hinderance in knocking the mod over more easily however, since the base of the mod is going to want to "stick" when accidentally hitting it, instead of the potential for it to just slide. Overall a nice thought. The mod is sealed up quite tight (no leaking thus far) and is quite light, so knocking it over isn't going to pop the pod out or cause much of an issue.

Observations/Impression of the VooPoo Vinci 2:

Coil/Vaping Style: I started vaping this with the 0.8 ohm coil in an MTL configuration since I've been trying to get myself to experience this type of vaping more recently. I'm a tester and love trying out and comparing new things. Being newer, I haven't quite figured out what I'm looking for, or I don't have a preconceived notion of a specific setting to start on like I would with a 0.1 ohm or 0.2 ohm coil on a regular mod. I tried settings from 8 watts to 18 (max wattage) and it wasn't cutting it. There was flavor, but it wasn't voluminous like I get with RDL/DL vapes. So, out with the 0.8 and in with 0.3 ohm coil.

The 0.3 ohm coil is a completely different experience. Night and day I'd say. However, I don't want to discourage loose MTL vapers from buying this product based on the 0.8 ohm coil, as there are settings I think you might find satisfying. For me, the 0.3 ohm coil works with the airflow control both fully closed, fully open, and everything in between. I have the mod sitting at 25 watts right now and the flavor is-a-plentiful. I am coming from a RDL/DL perspective though, so I can't say with certainty that an MTL'er will enjoy this. In defense of the Vinci 2, it does state that the 0.8 ohm coil is recommended for salt nic juices, and that I do not have. So take from that what you will. Product misuse! :shock:

Leakage (or lack thereof): I'm now at 582 puffs and I just popped the pod off to check for leaking. Nothing. There is faint airflow condensation where the air inlet to the coil sits, but there isn't any juice leakage which is what we should be worried about. I'm not even going to bother wiping it out because it's that minute. The coil seems to be seated in quite firmly. No leaking is yuge plus.

Puffs per battery cycle: I believe I've recharged this pod kit three times now. It arrived with a full battery, so I'm at about 4.2 battery cycles for 585 puffs. Calculating that out, that's roughly 139 puffs per battery cycle, given I did puff this for a while at settings other than 25 watts. 40w seemed to degrade the flavor a bit, and I don't see that much in loss, if any, of cloud chucking at 25 watts. It'll even cloud chuck at 15 or 20 watts, but again I notice a muted flavor. This is with the 0.3 ohm coil. With the 0.8 ohm coil vaping at around 10 watts, you can expect the puffs per battery cycle to probably double.

Recharge time: I'm not sure if it's stated anywhere how long it takes to recharge the battery, but I'd estimate it to be around an hour. Not bad for another 139 pufferonis.

Pros/Cons:

-Pros-

• No leaking
    • Small/light weight; non-intrusive
    • Huge 6.5mL tank size for how small this is (that's how I like 'em :w00t:)
    • Vapes quite well for its wattage capabilities
    • Pod mod fires quickly which is consistent with other VooPoo mods
    • Offers a decent amount of features for a small pod kit
    • The [AUTO] puff is nice
    • Offers setups for both loose MTL and RDL vapers
    • Has an external airflow control, instead of being affixed to the bottom of the coil (first time seeing this on a pod kit)
    • Pod has a mouthpiece that's form-fitted for lips which is nice in creating a nice tight seal w/out having to make an "O" face
    • The buttons click nicely instead of being mushy
    • Recharges quickly
    • Fits nicely in hand
    • Pod is clear; juice level is clearly visible
    • Refills easily (disregarding the rubber plug - more in Cons)
    • Has the option for an RBA coil
    • Decent cloud production for those that want it
    • Rubber bumper on bottom
    • Price point is nice
    -Cons-
    • It's a pod kit, most things regarding this product are proprietary
    • Battery readout is an active readout; when looking at the amount of battery left while it sits idle, it may appear that you have more battery left than you actually do
    • Airflow control doesn't have a tight MTL feel for those that might want that, it's quite loose - maybe an additional plug to seal off the vent opposite of the airflow control knob?
    • Rubber refill cap feels flimsy (or maybe too stretchy?) for how tight it fits into the refill hole - feels like I'm going to tear the flap off when pulling it out
    • Battery is 1500 mAh - a slightly larger capacity would have been nice.
    • Not a ghost vape - there will be no concealing the vape from this little puppy w/out some additional airflow sealing

The Finale:

With the compact size/weight of the pod kit, decently long battery life per cycle, quick recharge, large juice capacity, and overall pretty good performance, there isn't much to complain about here. I can't say I'm a fan of internal mods unless they can offer something special that I can't get with an external battery mod, but this little guy held its own pretty well. I could very easily see this as a quick grab-n-go on the way out the door to work or running errands. It's difficult to compare this pod kit with other pod kits in flavor production since I'm using different juice, but if you've used the VooPoo PnP coils in other products, you can expect the same performance in flavor and cloud production. I have other pod kits that may produce better flavor, but they leak. I can't reliably carry them around without ending up with an oily puddle at the bottom of one of my pockets. I also have other pod kits that have a 510 adapters and external batteries - I don't think it's fair to compare them with this kit either since this is pod only with an internal battery. Taking all things into consideration, this pod kit definitely has way more pros than cons.

-Overall Rating of the VooPoo Vinci 2-

9.0 vs. Other Pod Kits
    7.0 vs. Other 510 Kits

Last edited:

DonMatteo

Oct 18, 2017
    A great review for a great all around device. However I’m not sure about you, but maybe after 3rd/4th refill I managed to rip some of the rubber refill cap and it looks like this.
    I managed to remove it totally with tweezers and refill again but I can’t be carrying tweezers with me all the time so I did order a new pod.
    It’s a bummer that this happens, I’m probably not the only person, so if you have any chance to speak to one of Voopoo staff and maybe direct them into doing an upgrade on this, that would probably save a lot of pods out there.
    Thanks

Attachments

• 0B1F1716-DA3D-4013-BB7C-DD9D6566CB3F.jpeg
      0B1F1716-DA3D-4013-BB7C-DD9D6566CB3F.jpeg
      30.9 KB · Views: 18

Z-Lee

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
  • Apr 17, 2021
    Upper Midwest
    A great review for a great all around device. However I’m not sure about you, but maybe after 3rd/4th refill I managed to rip some of the rubber refill cap and it looks like this.
    I managed to remove it totally with tweezers and refill again but I can’t be carrying tweezers with me all the time so I did order a new pod.
    It’s a bummer that this happens, I’m probably not the only person, so if you have any chance to speak to one of Voopoo staff and maybe direct them into doing an upgrade on this, that would probably save a lot of pods out there.
    Thanks
    Rubber refill cap feels flimsy (or maybe too stretchy?) for how tight it fits into the refill hole - feels like I'm going to tear the flap off when pulling it out
    This was noted in the Cons section of the review. I felt like something like this might become a problem. I've refilled it maybe 4 times and have used the tab to loosen plug, and then pull it out by the plug itself. I agree, the rubber used for that plug is extremely thin and stretchy.

• Agree
    Reactions: DonMatteo

DonMatteo

Oct 18, 2017
    This was noted in the Cons section of the review. I felt like something like this might become a problem. I've refilled it maybe 4 times and have used the tab to loosen plug, and then pull it out by the plug itself. I agree, the rubber used for that plug is extremely thin and stretchy.

So how long did you use it for? Is your refill cap still ok? Maybe it was my fault that I managed to rip off the tab for opening, or maybe I did it wrong in the first place.
    Hope you can direct me somehow on that because I ordered a new pod already and I'm scared it might happen again.
    Thanks

Reactions: Z-Lee

Z-Lee

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
  • Apr 17, 2021
    Upper Midwest
    So how long did you use it for? Is your refill cap still ok? Maybe it was my fault that I managed to rip off the tab for opening, or maybe I did it wrong in the first place.
    Hope you can direct me somehow on that because I ordered a new pod already and I'm scared it might happen again.
    Thanks
    I'm constantly trying out new mods/atties/kits, so I've moved on from this kit. I'll still grab it from time to time on the go when I'm out and about. Maybe use a small flat-end screwdriver to pry the plug out when you can, and if you're concerned about having enough juice, fill up the backup when you go out. As far as finding a fix for the plug itself, there really is none. I'm sure VooPoo has moved on from wanting to improve this product any further.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread