Status
Not open for further replies.

bigbob2322

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Jul 27, 2014
    Schiller PK IL USA
    Hello again and welcome back for today's review of the Vinci Pod Kit by Voopoo. This newest addition in the Vinci line is a very simple and easy device, so simple that there isn't even a button on the device that you have to operate. The Vinci Pod uses a auto draw method to inhale and has airflow selection using a cover to tighten down the vape to a very tight MTL vape. I guess some people might be able to vape it in a very tight RDL mode but I feel this is a MTL pod system. Let's get to know the Vinci Pod a little bit prior to the review.

20210403_124903.jpg

COLOR CHOICES

Vinci-Pod-Kit-14.jpg

INCLUDED IN THE BOX

Vinci-Pod-Kit-26.jpg

SPECIFICATIONS

Vinci-Pod-Kit-25.jpg

800 mAH BUILT IN BATTERY

Vinci-Pod-Kit-19.jpg

BATTERY STRENGTH LIGHT INDICATOR

Vinci-Pod-Kit-15.jpg

GENE CHIP

Vinci-Pod-Kit-22.jpg

SIX SAFETY PROTECTIONS

Vinci-Pod-Kit-23.jpg

ADJUSTABLE AIRFLOW

Vinci-Pod-Kit-18.jpg

TYPE-C CHARGE PORT AND CONSTANT 15 WATT OUTPUT

Vinci-Pod-Kit-12.jpg

SIDE FILL POD

Vinci-Pod-Kit-20.jpg

TINY AND ATTRACTIVE

Vinci-Pod-Kit-24.jpg

FIRST IMPRESSIONS

Opening the box you are greeted with another box that the Vinci sits in on top of a form fitted cut out, inside that box is your type-c charge cord and user manual. The pod is already installed on the device and has a protective sticker on the contacts to prevent a accidental firing of the device. Voopoo only supplies 1 pod with this kit. Branding is done well with Vinci on one side with Gene barely visible below at the bottom and Voopoo on the other side .
    20210324_145426.jpg

The type-c charge port is located on the bottom of the device and in this case I really don't mind because the Vinci is a very thin device that tips over very easily if a table is bumped, corners are all rounded making it a very comfortable device to hold and operate.

20210324_145820.jpg

The 2ml pod itself uses 3 small air inlet holes in the bottom center between 2 contacts, remember to pull off the protective sticker after filling the pod and letting it sit for 5 or ten minutes to saturate the coil inside the pod. The coil inside the pod is 0.8Ω.

20210324_150117.jpg

The Vinci really has a nice auto draw to it and uses a slider to open or close the airflow selector, in the above picture the slider is just barely open. The picture below shows the slider fully open and as you can see this is more for MTL vaping.

20210324_145938.jpg

This is not the only airflow inlet though, on the other side is a very tiny pinhole that is also a airflow inlet hole. The Vinci can be really tightened up for people that enjoy a very tight MTL vape, just using the pinhole with the slider closed is even tighter than a cigarette draw.

20210331_134001.jpg

Inside the device where the pod clips in is where the auto draw control nozzle is, centered between the 2 contacts that connect to the pod. This is a very good auto draw system.

20210324_145645.jpg

Unfortunately when the coils lifespan is over you can't just change the coil , you must change the entire pod. Side fill is the filling method with a very large fillport that is mess free.
    20210403_131900.jpg

On the side that has the Vinci name on it there is also Gene at the bottom, it's hard to see because it doesn't stand out until you vape the device, install the pod or are charging it, the Gene logo will light up. Voopoo uses a series of lights to tell you the percentage of battery strength that the device is at.

GREEN - 60-100%

20210403_083157.jpg

BLUE - 20-60%

20210403_072812.jpg

And when it turns red it's time to begin charging the device. The Vinci charges at 5v 1amp and takes about 1 hr and 20 min to fully charge. When charging the Gene indicator will light breathing on and off at whatever battery percentage it's at and turn a solid green when fully charged.

Using the Vinci has been so nice because the auto draw works as well as it does and the flavor is above average with this pod. Your not going to fog up a room but vapor production is fine, remember this is mainly a MTL device.

When you talk about simplicity the Vinci is it ( no buttons, on/off switch or even a display ) because none of them are needed with the Vinci's constant 15 watt output.

One thing that has improved while using is the airflow slider, when I first started using it the slider was tight making precise adjustments tough but once there all was good and the slider stayed where I put it. Airflow is smooth in any position with no whistle or funny sounds heard. I think that Voopoo did a great job with the Vinci Pod Kit and I will continue to use it.

PROS

* Lightweight

* Thin

* Very Good Flavor

* Great Auto Draw

* Clear Pod

* Smooth Airflow

* Type - C

CONS

* Airflow Selector ( Not Easy To Make Precise Adjustments )

I would like to thank Voopoo for providing the Vinci Pod Kit for the purpose of this review and I hope that this review helped anyone looking to purchase the Vinci Pod Kit. People in the tight MTL crowd are really going to like the Vinci Pod Kit. The Vinci is so minimalistic in design that there really isn't much to cover except how well it works.

THANK YOU
    BIGBOB2322

Last edited:

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    Thanks buddy it's effortless to vape, I know you have to stealth vape at work and the Voopoo Vinci Pod Kit would be perfect for you.

Thanks but I’m still using the Xros for work and have extra pods.

Reactions: bigbob2322
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread