hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    Hello again. Yes I know I just posted another review a few days ago. This time I will be providing what I believe to be a fair and honest review on the voopoo vinci Pod that was sent to me by Voopoo for the purpose of this review. My first thought before trying it was “Oh boy, yet another pod”. I have to admit that I wasn’t initially all that excited about testing yet another pod but have to admit that I was pleasantly surprised with the Vinci Pod. Let’s go down and take a look at what you get and I’ll try to give a brief opinion on it since it’s a rather simple device.

VOOPOO-VINCI-Pod-Kit-Color-Available.jpg

WHAT’S IN THE BOX?

VOOPOO-VINCI-Pod-Kit-Content.jpg

IMG-5067.jpg

SPECIFICATIONS:
    VOOPOO-VINCI-Pod-Kit-Specifications.jpg

VOOPOO-VINCI-Pod-Kit-800m-Ah-Battery.jpg

VOOPOO-VINCI-Pod-Kit-Adjustable-Airflow.jpg

VOOPOO-VINCI-Pod-Kit-Faster.jpg

VOOPOO-VINCI-Pod-Kit-Flavor.jpg

VOOPOO-VINCI-Pod-Kit-GENE-Chip.jpg

VOOPOO-VINCI-Pod-Kit-Introduction.jpg

VOOPOO-VINCI-Pod-Kit-Leak-resistant.jpg

VOOPOO-VINCI-Pod-Kit-LED-Light.jpg

VOOPOO-VINCI-Pod-Kit-Material.jpg

VOOPOO-VINCI-Pod-Kit-Protections.jpg

INITIAL THOUGHTS:

Once I had opened the package, I thought that this is a rather small pod but liked the appearance of it. The one I received for review is the carbon fiber model. I thought the Vinci had a nice weight and feel to it. I immediately noticed that there was no fire button on it. The Vinci Pod is auto draw only. I don’t necessarily have a problem with it being auto draw but from past experience with other pods, often times the airflow isn’t where you would like it. Well, Voopoo thought of that. On one side of the device is a single small airflow hole for tight MTL vaping and on the other side is a sliding airflow control that will allow you to do an RDL vape on it when it’s fully open or you can put it somewhere in the middle to meet your preference. Kudos to Voopoo for including this airflow control. I will however say that the slider is very tight to move and a little hard at first to get it dialed in where you want it but once it’s set then it won’t get moved accidentally.

IMG-5115.jpg

The 800mah battery portion of the device is made of zinc alloy which gives it a nice weight. The body has a three layer coating that not only looks nice but is also fingerprint resistant and helps to prevent color fading.

There is only carbon fiber on one side which I’m going to call the front. It has the Vinci name on it and down below is the word Gene in smaller print. When taking a puff, the Gene word will light up indicating battery level. Green is highest followed by blue and then red as the battery level lowers. Once it hits red then it’s time to charge again. The Gene will also light up when charging. In the promotion pictures, Voopoo claims it’s an all-day device even though it’s only 800mah. I really think that is going to depend on the person using it and how much they vape a day. For a person like myself that normally only goes through 3-4 ml a day then it may last all day but for someone that is a heavy user it may not. On what I’ll call the back side is simply the Voopoo name on the black textured paint. On the bottom is the USB-C charging port.

When you first open the unit there is a clear safety seal over the bottom of the .8 ohm pod that must be removed to allow it to make connection with the battery contacts. The pod is disposable and the coil cannot be replaced. Yes I said pod and not pods. For some reason unknown to me, Voopoo has chosen to package the Vinci Pod with only one pod. I personally think that’s a bad idea. What if the included pod is defective or the user is new and tries vaping before the coil is saturated and burns it? Then the device is useless until the person can buy another coil. Almost every pod device that I’ve purchased or reviewed has included two pods or coils. I understand they are trying to make the starter kit inexpensive but I think it’s a bad idea and that they could charge a couple extra dollars for the kit without many complaints.

The pod for the Vinci is clear which tells me that Voopoo has been listening to their customers and reviewers. I greatly appreciate that I can easily see the liquid level in the pod. The pod has a .8 coil built into it which I think is a good medium resistance for a device of this capacity and will hold 2ml of liquid. The pod is a side fill and I was able to fill with little to no mess. I would however prefer a top fill like some other pods that I use. The pod snaps into the battery and is not easily removed. It takes me a fair amount of effort to pull the pod out to refill which I think is good since you don’t have to worry about it coming out in a pocket or purse by accident.

IMG-5110.jpg

upload_2021-5-25_19-54-25.png

upload_2021-5-25_19-54-48.png

upload_2021-5-25_19-55-10.png

upload_2021-5-25_19-55-31.png

upload_2021-5-25_19-55-58.png

FINAL THOUGHTS:

When comparing the Vinci Pod to other pod devices that I either use or have tested for reviews, I would have to say that it has very good flavor and vapor production. I was pleasantly surprised by the flavor I got from such a small device and the amount of vapor is satisfactory.

I like the feel and weight of the Vinci. The zinc alloy gives it a feeling of quality along with the three layer coating on the face of the device. I very much like that it has the airflow control on the side that should fit a fairly wide group of vaper’s preference.

As far as the battery lasting 24hrs? I’m not so sure of that especially if someone is a heavy user. I do wish and think it should have come with a second pod but for what it is I think the Vinci Pod is a very good device and from what I’ve seen, the pods aren’t very expensive. If you’re looking for a simple auto draw pod device with pretty darn good flavor then I’d recommend the Vinci Pod.

I’d like to thank Chloe and Voopoo for sending the Vinci Pod for this review and thanks to all of those that choose to read my reviews. Below is a link to the Voopoo site if you’d like to take a closer look for yourself.

VOOPOO VAPE Spark Your Moments

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    I really enjoy reading your reviews the whole pod thing is so new to me very informative! :) Not sure about the whole disposable thing, it's very off-putting to me. At least you can use your own eliquid with this.

Yes, some people will not like that the pod is disposable. It vapes really nice though. I’d like it better if it was top fill.

Reactions: YoursTruli

NolaMel

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 17, 2012
    New Orleans
    Hello again. Yes I know I just posted another review a few days ago. This time I will be providing what I believe to be a fair and honest review on the Voopoo Vinci Pod that was sent to me by Voopoo for the purpose of this review. My first thought before trying it was “Oh boy, yet another pod”. I have to admit that I wasn’t initially all that excited about testing yet another pod but have to admit that I was pleasantly surprised with the Vinci Pod. Let’s go down and take a look at what you get and I’ll try to give a brief opinion on it since it’s a rather simple device.

VOOPOO-VINCI-Pod-Kit-Color-Available.jpg

WHAT’S IN THE BOX?

VOOPOO-VINCI-Pod-Kit-Content.jpg

IMG-5067.jpg

SPECIFICATIONS:
    VOOPOO-VINCI-Pod-Kit-Specifications.jpg

VOOPOO-VINCI-Pod-Kit-800m-Ah-Battery.jpg

VOOPOO-VINCI-Pod-Kit-Adjustable-Airflow.jpg

VOOPOO-VINCI-Pod-Kit-Faster.jpg

VOOPOO-VINCI-Pod-Kit-Flavor.jpg

VOOPOO-VINCI-Pod-Kit-GENE-Chip.jpg

VOOPOO-VINCI-Pod-Kit-Introduction.jpg

VOOPOO-VINCI-Pod-Kit-Leak-resistant.jpg

VOOPOO-VINCI-Pod-Kit-LED-Light.jpg

VOOPOO-VINCI-Pod-Kit-Material.jpg

VOOPOO-VINCI-Pod-Kit-Protections.jpg

INITIAL THOUGHTS:

Once I had opened the package, I thought that this is a rather small pod but liked the appearance of it. The one I received for review is the carbon fiber model. I thought the Vinci had a nice weight and feel to it. I immediately noticed that there was no fire button on it. The Vinci Pod is auto draw only. I don’t necessarily have a problem with it being auto draw but from past experience with other pods, often times the airflow isn’t where you would like it. Well, Voopoo thought of that. On one side of the device is a single small airflow hole for tight MTL vaping and on the other side is a sliding airflow control that will allow you to do an RDL vape on it when it’s fully open or you can put it somewhere in the middle to meet your preference. Kudos to Voopoo for including this airflow control. I will however say that the slider is very tight to move and a little hard at first to get it dialed in where you want it but once it’s set then it won’t get moved accidentally.

IMG-5115.jpg

The 800mah battery portion of the device is made of zinc alloy which gives it a nice weight. The body has a three layer coating that not only looks nice but is also fingerprint resistant and helps to prevent color fading.

There is only carbon fiber on one side which I’m going to call the front. It has the Vinci name on it and down below is the word Gene in smaller print. When taking a puff, the Gene word will light up indicating battery level. Green is highest followed by blue and then red as the battery level lowers. Once it hits red then it’s time to charge again. The Gene will also light up when charging. In the promotion pictures, Voopoo claims it’s an all-day device even though it’s only 800mah. I really think that is going to depend on the person using it and how much they vape a day. For a person like myself that normally only goes through 3-4 ml a day then it may last all day but for someone that is a heavy user it may not. On what I’ll call the back side is simply the Voopoo name on the black textured paint. On the bottom is the USB-C charging port.

When you first open the unit there is a clear safety seal over the bottom of the .8 ohm pod that must be removed to allow it to make connection with the battery contacts. The pod is disposable and the coil cannot be replaced. Yes I said pod and not pods. For some reason unknown to me, Voopoo has chosen to package the Vinci Pod with only one pod. I personally think that’s a bad idea. What if the included pod is defective or the user is new and tries vaping before the coil is saturated and burns it? Then the device is useless until the person can buy another coil. Almost every pod device that I’ve purchased or reviewed has included two pods or coils. I understand they are trying to make the starter kit inexpensive but I think it’s a bad idea and that they could charge a couple extra dollars for the kit without many complaints.

The pod for the Vinci is clear which tells me that Voopoo has been listening to their customers and reviewers. I greatly appreciate that I can easily see the liquid level in the pod. The pod has a .8 coil built into it which I think is a good medium resistance for a device of this capacity and will hold 2ml of liquid. The pod is a side fill and I was able to fill with little to no mess. I would however prefer a top fill like some other pods that I use. The pod snaps into the battery and is not easily removed. It takes me a fair amount of effort to pull the pod out to refill which I think is good since you don’t have to worry about it coming out in a pocket or purse by accident.

IMG-5110.jpg

View attachment 943051
    View attachment 943053
    View attachment 943055

View attachment 943057

View attachment 943059

FINAL THOUGHTS:

When comparing the Vinci Pod to other pod devices that I either use or have tested for reviews, I would have to say that it has very good flavor and vapor production. I was pleasantly surprised by the flavor I got from such a small device and the amount of vapor is satisfactory.

I like the feel and weight of the Vinci. The zinc alloy gives it a feeling of quality along with the three layer coating on the face of the device. I very much like that it has the airflow control on the side that should fit a fairly wide group of vaper’s preference.

As far as the battery lasting 24hrs? I’m not so sure of that especially if someone is a heavy user. I do wish and think it should have come with a second pod but for what it is I think the Vinci Pod is a very good device and from what I’ve seen, the pods aren’t very expensive. If you’re looking for a simple auto draw pod device with pretty darn good flavor then I’d recommend the Vinci Pod.

I’d like to thank Chloe and Voopoo for sending the Vinci Pod for this review and thanks to all of those that choose to read my reviews. Below is a link to the Voopoo site if you’d like to take a closer look for yourself.

VOOPOO VAPE Spark Your Moments

Looks like a nice little out and about device. Solid review, as usual, Hitt. I agree a second pod would have been useful since the coils aren’t replaceable.

Reactions: hittman

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Good review, I just wonder how long the pods last.

Good question. Like any other I think it depends on what liquid you use. I have a different pod device that I've used for a long time at work and use a liquid that only has 2.5% of INW mix mint in it and the pods last for months. I have only used the Vinci pod for 1-2 weeks and the pod is still good but haven't run a ton of liquid through it. I had so many devices I was testing at the same time that it probably didn't get the workout that it should have. I had the two vinci pod mods and two other devices I was testing at the same time as the Vinci pod.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread