hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    Hello and welcome to my review of the voopoo vinci Pod Royal Edition. This was sent to me by Voopoo in order to provide a fair and honest review of this new product. The Royal is made of aviation grade aluminum alloy and makes use of top filling and leak resistant series of pods. It also has a three color smart LED light for battery level indication and has some really nice color and design options. You can tell that a lot of thought and inspiration went into the artistic design of this pod from Voopoo.

scrlVNT.jpg

5gZt4aS.jpg

WHAT’S IN THE BOX?

1* VINCI Pod Royal Edition device

1* VINCI Pod Cartridge 1.2ohm (Top-fill, same as the Drag Nano 2 Cartridge)

1* VINCI Pod Cartridge 0.8ohm (Top-fill, same as the Drag Nano 2 Cartridge)

1* Type-C Cable

1* User Manual

Ko8jVZr.jpg

SPECIFICATIONS:

Pod Capacity 2ml

Pod Material PCTG

Resistance 0.8ohm, 1.2ohm

Recommended E-liquid Nicotine≤50mg

Device Material Zinc Alloy + Aluminum Alloy

Output Power 11-15W

Input Voltage 3.2V-4.2V

Device Resistance 0.6ohm-3.0ohm

Battery Capacity Built-in 800mAh

Color Black Ripple, Silver Jazz, Gold Jazz, White Leaf, Gold Leaf, Silver Icon

VoAYofS.jpg

FEATURES:

1. Compatible with the cartridge of Vinci Q, Drag Nano 2 and Vinci Pod

2. Relief sculpture masterpiece

3. Classical and modern pattern

4. 2ml visible cartridge, top filling

5. Auto-draw mode, 3-color smart LED light

6. 6061 aluminum alloy for more advanced experience

7. Comfortable and unique grip feeling

8. Upgraded leak-resistant

9. Equipped with two pods of mesh 0.8ohm and mesh 1.2ohm

10. Adjust airflow with button on the side of the device

11. Type-C fast charging

12. 800mAh built-in battery

13. Multiple protection: Overtime/Short-circuit/Overcharge/Output Over-current/Over Discharge/Over-temperature Protection

hhgs3g5.jpg

MBr5RuY.jpg

9Q7gMIF.jpg

X55xRrP.jpg

djQsiyL.jpg

dVn5u3l.jpg

Fhb4sSO.jpg

DGA1LkV.jpg

aneb4vJ.jpg

nzvAemt.jpg

GmwkYq1.jpg

3mmGaLF.jpg

C2ku9Yx.jpg

H9iyNaJ.jpg

nTon0R0.jpg

INITIAL THOUGHTS:

First of all, I have to say that I was blown away when I opened the package that was sent to me by Voopoo. It is my understanding that I received one of a limited edition gift box set for the Vinci Pod Royal Edition. Besides the Royal pod being beautifully done, there was a box filled with gold colored silverware, a gold bottle opener, and a gold badge. What a very impressive gift set indeed.

upload_2022-1-15_9-4-38.png

upload_2022-1-15_9-5-1.png

However, if you decide to order a kit, this is what you will receive as standard packaging and contents. The standard kit will contain the Royal pod device with the .8 ohm ITO pod installed and a 1.2 ohm ITO pod in spare packaging along with an instruction manual and a USB-C charging cable.

upload_2022-1-15_9-6-13.png

The Vinci Pod Royal Edition is a draw activated only device. The body of the mod is made from aviation grade 6061 aluminum and zinc alloy. A good combination of quality materials were used for its construction. That is just the beginning. The amount of time and effort that went into the design of the Royal series is astounding. The detail of the face of this pod was made by master sculptors and experienced artisans. The design inspiration I believe was taken from the royal craftsmen of ancient times. It took eight months of twelve manufacturing processes and 68 steps to create what we now see as the Vinci Pod Royal Edition.

As you can see on the face of the Royal below, it has a beautiful appearance and can tell that there was a lot of time and effort put into this design. Near the bottom of the face are the battery level indicators which are green, blue, and red. The colors indicate the following battery levels.

- Battery> 60% = Green

- Battery 20-60% = Blue

- Battery<20% = Red

upload_2022-1-15_9-7-4.png

On either side of the Royal is a groove cut into the body which gives it a really nice hand feel. On the left side contained near the top of that groove is a single airflow hole. On the opposite side is the infinite airflow control that allows the user to go from a very tight MTL to a pretty restricted RDTL. It slides vertically to adjust the amount of air allowed through the opening and has a raised button that makes it easier for the user to get a grip on it with a thumb to slide it. With this adjustable airflow control, one might ask themselves then why have the single hole on the other side? I think it’s for those that want a super tight MTL draw and choose to close the slider completely and only have that minimum amount of airflow that the single hole allows.

upload_2022-1-15_9-7-48.png

upload_2022-1-15_9-8-6.png

The back side of the mod is smooth and just has the Voopoo name etched in it along with the word Gene on bottom designating that they Gene chip was used in this device. The Gene is a proprietary chip made by Voopoo.

The bottom of the mod is curved which doesn’t make it ideal for standing on a flat surface. It will stand but is easily knocked over. I personally almost never stand these types of small pods up vertically. It just seems natural to lay them down. Also on the bottom is the USB-C charging port which allows the user to charge the device fully in about 50 minutes to bring it back to the full 800mah capacity. The mod will deliver 8-15 watts of output depending on the resistance of the pod used at the time. I see in the specifications that there is an input voltage listed but did not see an output voltage listed. I noticed very little difference while using it between the time when the green light was lit and the blue light was lit indicating a 20-60% battery level. The flavor and vapor production were still very good for a pod device.

upload_2022-1-15_9-8-55.png

upload_2022-1-15_9-9-38.png

The opening for the pod on the battery unit and the pod itself do not have any magnets like we have become used to seeing on most pods. Instead the pod securely clicks into the opening with no movement or chance of coming loose accidentally. The opening of the mod contains two floating gold plated pins as well as a raised airflow sensor to help prevent any condensation from entering the sensor. I think it’s interesting how the center portion that holds the sensor tube is recessed. I’m not really sure why that is. Where that tube meets the bottom of the pod there are three small airflow holes in the bottom of the pod as well as the electrical contact that meet the pins in the base.

upload_2022-1-15_9-10-17.png

upload_2022-1-15_9-11-7.png

I found the mouthpiece of the pods to be very comfortable to use. The ITO pods are top fill which I very much appreciate and am glad to be able to refill the pods without having to remove the pod from the battery. I just push the mouthpiece to one side to pop it off and underneath is a thin rubber gasket that seals the pod. Lift that and you can easily refill the pod. I use a lot of 10ml plastic bottles and was able to easily refill the pods without any mess. I also like that the pods are clearly labeled on one side with the resistance rating. Don’t forget when filling a pod for the first time to let it sit for at least five minutes to saturate the coil so you don’t burn the coil. Also, don’t overfill the pod. That can create issues.

The ITO pods offer upgraded leak resistance. While puffing the condensation will flow back to the interlayer which improves the leak resistance. The condensation will be sent back by the airflow and vaporized again. From what I can tell after testing the pods, it does in fact work. I have seen almost no condensation and have had zero leaking. These pods are compatible with the Vinci, Vinci Royal, Vinci Q, and I believe the Drag Nano 2.

jtlmJ8C.jpg

FINAL THOUGHTS:

I very much liked the design aesthetics of the Royal pod. The sculpted face is simply a work of art. However, when it comes to vaping devices it’s not all about looks. The 800mah battery may or may not last you all day depending on how heavy you vape. I didn’t measure it exactly but was able to get through 4-5ml of liquid on a charge using the .8 ohm ITO pod. I didn’t pay as close attention on the 1.2 ohm pod but can only assume it would last a little longer.

The Royal makes use of the Gene chip and is auto draw only with no button to turn it on or off. It really doesn’t bother me to not have a button on a device like this. The auto draw works very well in my opinion and the flavor and vapor production is good for a small device such as this. I was actually surprised by the amount of vapor the .8 ohm pod produced.

To me having a pod that is top fill like these pods are is a huge selling point. Top fill pods don’t seem to be that common but it is definitely something that I prefer when looking for a pod kit.

So, would I recommend the Vinci Pod Royal Edition? If you’re looking for a well performing pod device that is simple to operate and from what I have seen has almost no condensation build up and no leaking as well as being a real piece of artwork then yes I would recommend it. Sometimes things just work well and this pod does in my opinion. It doesn’t hurt any either that it is very pleasing visually. I would very much like to see some of the other designs in person of the Royal Edition line of devices.

I’d like to thank Voopoo and Aimer for sending this amazing gift box set for my review. Thanks goes out to the readers as well if you made it to the end. Below is a link to the website.

VOOPOO VAPE Spark Your Moments

Last edited:

bigbob2322

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Jul 27, 2014
    Schiller PK IL USA
    Good review Hit, did you find that the auto-draw would stop at about 3/4 of your vape with the airflow fully open unless you inhaled deeply like RDL, this was the case on the Vinvi Pod Royal Edition I reviewed a couple days ago. It is a great MTL pod though with airflow almost closed in my opinion.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Good review Hit, did you find that the auto-draw would stop at about 3/4 of your vape with the airflow fully open unless you inhaled deeply like RDL, this was the case on the Vinvi Pod Royal Edition I reviewed a couple days ago. It is a great MTL pod though with airflow almost closed in my opinion.

Thanks. Come to think of it, when I first got it I tried to take a puff with the air wide open and really had to pull on it to fire. I still have it here near me so I’ll try it again.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009

Bob, I just tried it with both pods. With the 1.2 pod I can comfortably draw with the airflow wide open but with the .8 pod I have to draw quite a bit harder to activate it.

Reactions: bigbob2322
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread