hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    And here I am again to provide yet another review. This time I’ll be taking a look at the voopoo vinci Q pod kit. The Q offers a 900mah battery capacity and uses the same ITO technology pods as the Vinci Royal edition. The body is a two-tone textured injection molded plastic and is available in six colors. It offers an output range of 11-15 watts depending on the pod used. Unlike the Royal Edition, it has a fire button but can also be fired using auto draw. The Q is compatible with the pods of the Vinci Pod as well as the drag nano 2 and Royal Edition Vinci Pod.

9U94nOI.jpg

B4nSfYC.jpg

WHAT’S IN THE BOX?

1* VOOPOO VINCI Q Pod device
    1* VOOPOO VINCI Pod Cartridge (Top-fill, 1.2Ω) (Same as the Drag Nano 2 Cartridge)
    1* Type-C Cable
    1* User Manual

NlJ58KH.jpg

SPECIFICATIONS:

Material PC & ABS materials

Battery Capacity Built-in 900mAh battery

Modes Button/auto dual vaping modes

Charging Type Type-C charging

Output Power 15W

Input Voltage 3.2-4.2V

Resistance 0.3-3.0Ω

E-juice Capacity 2ml

Filling Type Top filling

Fit For VINCI Pod Cartridge Mesh 0.8/1.2Ω (Side-fill) and Drag Nano 2 Pod Cartridge (Top-fill)

Color Ceramic White, Seagull Grey, Crystal Blue, Charming Pink, Vibrant Orange, Moss Green

W9AsbYN.jpg

FEATURES:

1. Inherited VOOPOO's unique ITO atomization tech

2. Two-tone textured injection mold, 6 macaroon colors

3. Lightweight ABS and PC material, durable and fashionable

4. Adopts the latest mesh tech to bring wonderful taste

5. Button/auto dual vaping modes to satisfy your preference

6. Strong GENE chip and smooth airway, faster and more sensitive

7. Lights on and off along with each puff

8. Built-in 900mAh battery, Type-C charging port

9. 11-15W of adaptive power to match the best power to 1.2/0.8Ω cartridge

10. 2ml full-view cartridge, easy and leak-proof top filling system

11. Fit for VOOPOO VINCI Pod Cartridge (Side-fill) and Drag Nano 2 Pod Cartridge (Top-fill)

12. Overtime/overcharge/over discharge/over temperature/short-circuit/output over-current protection

OyZRJhh.jpg

RllDYtu.jpg

Gb0XWTq.jpg

8D5Wlhz.jpg

1lh9uQV.jpg

lbuldJH.jpg

mQ3OvBo.jpg

JNu57da.jpg

wyW3Asp.jpg

ui1KxQi.jpg

C1m2Em3.jpg

0JfCIHm.jpg

UrBhi1Z.jpg

INITIAL THOUGHTS:

The Vinci Q is more of a budget model when compared to the Royal Edition that I received for testing at the same time as the Q arrived. The packaging for the Q is quite simple. The box has a clear window on the front that lets you see the front of the device inside. The contents include the Vinci Q, one 1.2 ohm ITO pod preinstalled, USB-C charging cable, and user guide. I’ve seen this in the past with a few other pod kits and really don’t like it when only one pod is included in the kit. If by chance someone gets a bad pod then the Vinci is unusable until they purchase more pods.

upload_2022-1-15_16-26-53.png

The body of the Vinci Q is made from an injection molded plastic. It’s very lightweight. The outside of the Q has a textured appearance but is actually smooth to the touch. It must be a multilayer of some sort. As you can see in my pictures, I received the pink color for my review. I have to say I’m not a fan of any pink devices.

The front of the Q has a single button that can be used to fire the device or it can be fired using auto draw. The button illuminates whenever the output is on in either mode. If the battery goes below 30% then it will be red instead of the normal green. Also, the light flashes when charging the 900mah internal battery and goes solid green when it is finished. The cut off time for the Q is 8 seconds.

It’s a little hard to see but also near the bottom of the face is a Q molded into the plastic body. Just like on the Royal Edition that I also reviewed, there is a groove on each side of the body. On one side is a single airflow hole and on the other side is another airflow hole and the USB-C charging port where the airflow control was on the Royal Edition. The Q does not have adjustable airflow. However, I find the preset airflow is a very good fit for my vaping style using the included 1.2 ohm pod.

On the back of the unit there is the same textured appearance but smooth to the touch. Molded into the body is the Voopoo name. It’s a little difficult to see since it’s the same color as the body. I would have thought that they might have wanted to make it a different color so people could see the company name better. It may show up better on one of the other colors though.

On the bottom of the unit is the word Gene printed indicating that the Q uses the Gene chip.

upload_2022-1-15_16-27-30.png

upload_2022-1-15_16-27-50.png

upload_2022-1-15_16-28-10.png

upload_2022-1-15_16-28-24.png

upload_2022-1-15_16-28-38.png

The pod port on the Q looks pretty much identical to the Royal Edition. Inside are two gold plated floating contacts as well as a recessed area in the center that contains the raised airflow sensor to prevent the airflow port from taking in condensation. Just like with the Royal, I experienced almost no condensation and no leaking at all while using the Q. There are no magnets inside the pod opening or on the bottom of the pod.

The pod comes preinstalled with a sticker on the bottom that reminds the user to fill the pod and leave it unused for five minutes so the coil can be saturated. This sticker also keeps the user from accidentally firing the pod while the coil is dry. Of course, it must be removed to use the device after filling.

upload_2022-1-15_16-29-10.png

The 1.2ohm ITO pod included is the same as the one in the Royal Edition that I also reviewed. Once the mouthpiece is removed there is a rubber gasket that must be lifted to fill the pod. I kind of wish that Voopoo could come up with a design to eliminate this gasket where it could be built into the top cap or something so you could just remove the mouthpiece and fill. Not a big deal but would be an appreciated improvement.

upload_2022-1-15_16-29-44.png

FINAL THOUGHTS:

I felt like the Vinci Q performed very well. It was nice having the option of either using the fire button or the auto draw feature. I have to wonder why they chose to put a button on the less expensive Q instead of putting it on the flagship Royal Edition. It would make sense to me that the more expensive unit would have more features. Anyway, it’s just thoughts running through my head and not really all that important.

I like that the pods are compatible across a few different models so it gives the end user some options as far as what type of pod device they want to use but still get the features of the ITO pods. I thought the pods gave pretty good flavor for a pod device and plenty of vapor production. There was almost no visible condensation and no leaking at all during my testing. As I mentioned earlier, I do feel like every pod kit should come with two pods and this one didn’t so that’s a con in my book.

Although pink isn’t really a color that I would buy, I felt like the 900mah battery lasted a long time with the 1.2 ohm pod and it is a liquid sipper. I felt like I got a lot of use out of it before having to refill the 2ml pod. I would like to see some different colors on this device. I don’t mind at all that it is made of plastic. Yes I do like the weight and hand feel of the Royal a little better but this one isn’t bad at all. To me it’s more important how the device performs than what material it is made of.

I’d like to thank Voopoo and Aimer for sending the Voopoo Vinci Q pod kit for this review. Thanks also to the readers for sticking around until the end of yet another one of my reviews. I hope I didn’t bore you too much. Below is a link to the website if you’d like to look at this pod or look around at the devices Voopoo has to offer.

VOOPOO VAPE Spark Your Moments

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread