The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Voopoo Vinci X Mod Review - by jseah

Discussion in 'E-Cigarette APV Reviews' started by jseah, Nov 29, 2019.

Tags:
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. jseah

jseah Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 16, 2015
    Hudson Valley, NY, USA
    With the popularity of pod systems, for the past couple of years I have been concentrating more on the simplicity and pocketable size of pod systems over the typical mod/atomizer combo. Being a DL vaper, I have not found pod systems sufficient for me to totally give up my traditional mod/atomizer since the draw on pod systems tend to be much more restrictive and more suited for MTL vapers.

Now along comes the Voopoo Vinci X, which combines the best of both. While bigger than the typical pod system, it is still smaller than your typical single 18650 mod. The squarish mod with rounded corners fits very comfortably in the hand. The pod itself is squarish as well, and held in place by 4 strong magnets. The magnets are strong enough that you can hold the mod upside down and shake it, and the pod won't pop off, but you can easily pull the pod off to refill it. The closest approximation in size that I can think of is a highlighter marker.

The coil is pressed into place at the bottom of the pod and held firmly in place by o-rings. The kit comes with both a 0.6 ohm and a 0.3 ohm mesh coil. I have not tried the 0.3 ohm coil as yet, but I can describe the 0.6 ohm coil in one word.......incredible. The flavor from the coil is the deepest and richest that I have had from a coil that operates at a low 24 watts. The coil produces a ton of vapor as well. The draw is perfect for a DL vaper. By turning the pod around 180 degrees, you can cut down the airflow. The narrow airflow may still be a bit too airy for a MTL vaper though, I'm not sure.

The 5 ml pods are very easy to fill. You pull out a rubber plug from the bottom side of the pod, revealing an oval fill hole. The tip of a unicorn bottle fits nicely and easily fills the pod without air locking, so long as you aren't trying to quickly fill the pod. The rubber plug fits securely and after using the device for the past week, I have not seen any juice leakage through the fill port. Using a 70VG/30PG juice, I have not had a single dry hit, even while chain vaping.

I have read comments on reddit and seen Youtube videos that complained about leaking from the coils. In my experience, I do see a little bit of leaking, but I feel that it is the same leaking that you see from your typical bottom airflow atomizers, where condensation drips back down and comes out through the bottom airflow. Now if you have the mod sitting unused for more than a couple of hours, or overnight when you are sleeping, there will be some seepage of juice through the coil itself. To avoid finding yourself wiping down and soaking up pooled juice from the top of the battery, what I found to work really well is when I go to bed or am not going to use the Vinci for a few hours, I will just remove the pod and have it sit on a napkin or paper towel, so the napkin can soak up any juice coming out of the bottom of the pod.

The mod itself will automatically set the wattage based on the coil you put into the pod. The 0.6 ohm coil is designed for a wattage range of 20-28 watts, so the mod will set the wattage to the middle of the range at 24 watts. The mod will also not allow you to set the wattage higher than the maximum wattage for the range of the coil. This is great for someone like my wife, who will toss the mod into her purse resulting in the buttons being easily pressed. With the mod being powered by a replaceable 18650 battery, this is more convenient to use than your typical pod with an internal, non-replaceable battery. Using a 3000 mah LG battery, battery life at 24 watts lasts me over 8 hours, even with chain vaping 3 pods of juice during the day. And once the battery dies, you can simply replace the battery and keep on vaping, rather than waiting for it to recharge or having a second unit on hand to swap out the pod.

Replacement pods and 0.3 ohm coils are readily available now, although from what I can tell, 0.6 ohm replacement coils are all on pre-order and won't be available until just before Christmas. I have already placed an order for a second one for my wife and a bunch of replacement coils. Hopefully, they will arrive from China before I run out of the coils included in the kit. According to the Voopoo website, a RBA coil will be available as well, although I have not seen it advertised anywhere, even as a pre-order.

Ever since I got this mod, it has been in constant use and I have not used any of my other mods.

• Useful Useful x 1
  2. Letitia

Letitia Citrus Junkie ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Apr 2, 2017
    West Frankfort, IL
    Good write up, I appreciate your personal impressions. About how long a life are you averaging on the coils?

3. Koolkiz

Koolkiz Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Apr 26, 2014
    United States
    I like the x but I do have leaking from the coil. 0.6 coil that is. I'm trying to figure out a solution before I buy the rda for this.