Not open for further replies.

SP013

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 14, 2019
Warsaw, Poland
voopoo vinci X review

Hi there,

Today I have a review for you of the newly release Vinci X, the 3rd edition of the Vinci by Voopoo. The Vinci and Vinci R were earlier released and have been very popular. Was really excited for this one!

The Vinci X however is a special one in the line, because it does not work with an internal battery, but with a single 18650. Also, it fires all the way up to 70 watts while its previous versions were only up to 40 Watts.

There is 7 different side designs, Scarlet, TealBlue, Ink, Dazzling Green, Space Gray, Carbon Fiber and Aurora.

One other feature that is not available on the Vinci X is the option to use it in auto draw mode, which I totally understand with a mod that fires up to 70 watts. All other features such as locking the device, puff counter and the puff curve are still available on the Vinci X.

Let’s start with some specifications:

Size wise its slightly bigger than the Vinci and Vinci R as they both measured 104*25.3*25.3mm. That’s all because of the compatibility with a 18650 single battery.

What do you get in the box?

VINCI X Device*1
VINCI Replacement Pod (5.5ml*1)
PnP~VM1,0.3Ω*1
PnP~VM4,0.6Ω*1
USB Cable*1
User Manual*1
Warranty Card*1
Chip Card*1

One thing that I was wondering while looking at the coils that came with it is for what do we need a 70 watt output if the 0.3ohm coil is rated at max 40 watts? I asked Voopoo and they confirmed there will be new coils coming out soon as well, which makes total sense.

My user experience:

The device is really simple to operate, 5 clicks on/off and the arrows to switch between the wattage levels. A really cool feature is the fact that the mod recognizes the coil and does not allow you to vape it higher than the wattage it is intended for, no accidental coil burning.

One thing I find a bit of a bummer is the fact that locking the device also locks the fire button, it is indeed safer, but it would be nice to lock the wattage but still be able to vape. This is actually also the case for the Drag mini, guess its a Voopoo thing.

Build quality is proper, the device its shape holds nicely in the hand and its not too heavy even with the 18650 inside. Love the design, the Zinc Alloy material is not slippery at all and the honey comb patterns on the side are gorgeous.

The battery screw door is easy to open and close, no need for any extra tools, just twist and slide it in.

Love the screen, its nice and big, but not too large. Every little detail on the screen is easily readable and the sharpness is spot on, there is from my knowledge no option to adjust screen brightness, but didn’t have any issues reading the screen in different situations (dark vs light situations).

Placing and replacing the coils is simple with the well-known PnP system by Voopoo, just plug in and out no screwing or twisting. The pod itself has a proper sized fill port that is accessible by pulling out the plug on the side, had no leaking issues with it whatsoever, it stays in place well. The 5.5ml capacity is really great, no need to fill frequently. For me with short nails it is hard to open that plug though.

The 4 magnets on the pod connect really well and strongly with the mod, its easy to pull out without force, but it will never fall out on its own.

The mouthpiece is long and has a comfortable shape with a proper opening for the vaper to access your lungs, some people might not like this type of mouthpiece as they are used to round drip-tips.

The buttons are well placed and respond instantly, also the device fires up faster than light, something we are used to with the Voopoo GENE chip, my Drag Mini has the exact same firing speed, click and BOOOOOOOOOOM.

One thing that can be annoying sometimes is that whenever you will out the pod from the mod and put it back it will reset the wattage to default. For example I have the 0.6 ohm on 28 watts, I pull out the pod and put it back in it switches to 24 watts.

Airflow wise it is adjustable, but options are limited. There is no airflow ring, but you simply can twist the pod 180 degrees to either get a loser airflow or a tighter airflow. This might be a con for some that like to have full airflow control, but to me the 2 airflow options are just fine for the coils that are available, one intended for a loose (not very loose) DTL hit and one for a restrictive DTL hit.

The coils are good and give a good flavor. Both are mesh coils. The 0.3ohm is rated to be vaped at between 32-40 watts and the 0.6ohm coil from 20-28watts. Both coils perform well, but the 0.3ohm in my experience just fits better with me, it gives slightly more flavor, more vaper and the draw is a bit warmer. Both coils are intended for DTL and not MTL (in my opinion), maybe for those that love a loose MTL vape could use the 0.6ohm coil on its lowest airflow position.

It takes about half a tank, 2-3 ml's, for these coils to break in properly.

Their other PnP coils are also compatible with the Vinci X, so for those MTL vapers there is an option to use the ceramic PnP-C1 coil, I am however not sure how airflow wise that would be.

My verdict:

Voopoo did it again, they surprised me in a very positive way, good job on this one Voopoo!

There is honestly not much I do not like about the Vinci X, it delivers me a satisfying vape with good flavor. The device is simple in use and the fact it is a single 18650 battery mod is a big pro, if not the biggest. This also means that Voopoo is listening to their customers as for many that own the Vinci and Vinci R the 1500mAh just was not enough.

If I must mention any cons it would be the fact the airflow is not accurately adjustable and that Voopoo released this mod without any coils that can actually be used above the 40 watts, but according to Voopoo it’s a matter of time there will be higher wattage coils.

This device is for those that already own the Vinci or Vinci R and just need to have more battery capacity, with my LG HG2 3000mAh I can vape all day long on this thing. Also, it is for those who want to get into DTL vaping without having to own a big mod, the Vinci X is a very portable device. And of course this is one for the collectors as well.

I am not sure what the price of the kit will be as this device has been officially released just today. I will keep this thread up to date with any additional findings and information about the pricing.

For more specifications and information refer to the Voopoo website > VINCI X MOD POD - VOOPOO VAPE Spark Your Moments

Thank you @VOOPOO_Thea for sending me this device for this review.

Do keep in mind that vaping is one of the most subjective activities on this planet and my opinion might be different from someone else.

Any questions? Please do ask!

Last edited:

SP013

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 14, 2019
Warsaw, Poland
Do you know if the old vinci pods will fit this. I have this but nothing is for sale yet in the States. I can find pods for the older vinci's. I have the EU pod tank. I'm wanting a 5.5mL version.
I honestly dont know, I think the size is the same, but cant tell for sure.

Reactions: Koolkiz

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
Do you know if the old vinci pods will fit this. I have this but nothing is for sale yet in the States. I can find pods for the older vinci's. I have the EU pod tank. I'm wanting a 5.5mL version.
The vinci pods are compatible with the original, r ,and x. The rba head is as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread