Status
Not open for further replies.

Richie G

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 15, 2009
Lawn Guyland, NY
I think you have the screw locations and their purposes reversed. Turning the screw on the side of the unit (180 degrees from the switch) won't affect air flow. A small straight blade screwdriver is supplied with the VP1 which fits the center of the positive battery terminal and the air flow adjustment. Unless the VP2 is totally different -- which I doubt.

The screw on the side of the unit is an allen key type. The thought here is that the manufacturer purposely used different types of screw heads to prevent users from using the (adjustment) screwdriver instead of the proper allen key.

Have they also defeated the air flow adjustment feature? Can you see a tiny screw head in the center battery connector?

Thanks...

Houdini

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 12, 2009
Las Vegas
I think you have the screw locations and their purposes reversed. Turning the screw on the side of the unit (180 degrees from the switch) won't affect air flow. A small straight blade screwdriver is supplied with the VP1 which fits the center of the positive battery terminal and the air flow adjustment. Unless the VP2 is totally different -- which I doubt.

The screw on the side of the unit is an allen key type. The thought here is that the manufacturer purposely used different types of screw heads to prevent users from using the (adjustment) screwdriver instead of the proper allen key.

Have they also defeated the air flow adjustment feature? Can you see a tiny screw head in the center battery connector?

Thanks...
Correct. The hex head screw on the side opposite the switch button is actually holding the switch in place. I have a VAPRE 51 and it's built the same way.

truthseeker

ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2009
Canada
I see no screw in mine.

No Screw on mine either.
I think they took the screw out because too many ppl fiddlin' with it and breakin' it. LOL

So Mooby, do you like the VP2 better than your other mods? bartleby/chuck/prodigy/Janty Stick etc.? or are you even allowed to say?:D

Either way, great review buddy. Where did you finally get your bizcards from btw?

Have a great day! :thumbs:

Richie G

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 15, 2009
Lawn Guyland, NY
...Correct. The hex head screw on the side opposite the switch button is actually holding the switch in place. I have a VAPRE 51 and it's built the same way...

Thought so. Thanks Harry, errr, Houdini. =)

TruthSeeker:

...No Screw on mine either.
I think they took the screw out because too many ppl fiddlin' with it and breakin' it. LOL...

That's unfortunate. Custom tuning the air flow is, or was, the best part of the VP (Vapre51 in my case) line of devices.

Btw, guys... the instruction sheet and the websites specifically state that the adjustment feature ONLY works with the m201 atty. Ummm, that's just plain inaccurate. I've tightened up the draw on the BE112, Joy 302 and some RN4072s. And, I've loosened up the tight draw of the m201.

In fact, I have also tightened/loosened up the draw on the 510 atty via the 801-510 adapter.

HYDRO

Sep 26, 2009
P-Cola, FL
DietSmokes.com just started selling these & have a VP1 & VP2 model -- The VP1 is smaller & uses what I believe is an exclosed cased AAA battery , WITH the capability of using a standard AAA battery I believe... I asked Parked / DietSmokes if this is correct but if this is the case I am definitely getting a VP1 --- The VP2 is slightly bigger & uses a larger battery... If you need stats just visit the site.

I am Soooo jazzed about this if the AAA battery is whats used... because not only can I use & recharge, but I have an almost Infinite supply / hook-up of AAA batteries...

If anyone can answer positively on the VP1 please let me know :)

and yes Mooby, a TOP5 MOD REVIEW would be pretty sweet ....I now have about 20 carts all with the straw mod :) wich has just added about 200% enjoyment to my Vaping !

PeacE,
HYDRO

gotthelife4u

ECF Veteran
May 18, 2009
San Jose, CA
DietSmokes.com just started selling these & have a VP1 & VP2 model -- The VP1 is smaller & uses what I believe is an exclosed cased AAA battery , WITH the capability of using a standard AAA battery I believe... I asked Parked / DietSmokes if this is correct but if this is the case I am definitely getting a VP1 --- The VP2 is slightly bigger & uses a larger battery... If you need stats just visit the site.

I am Soooo jazzed about this if the AAA battery is whats used... because not only can I use & recharge, but I have an almost Infinite supply / hook-up of AAA batteries...

If anyone can answer positively on the VP1 please let me know :)

and yes Mooby, a TOP5 MOD REVIEW would be pretty sweet ....I now have about 20 carts all with the straw mod :) wich has just added about 200% enjoyment to my Vaping !

PeacE,
HYDRO

The VP2 uses a AA sized battery. What comes with it is a CR14500 3.7v 800mah protected battery. The only difference between the two is The battery size. You will get more life out of a VP2. Checkout VaprLife for more information.

ddy611

ECF Veteran
Oct 7, 2009
Chicago, IL USA
i cant wait for dietsmokes to start selling this. vaprlife vp2-510 base kit is $109 and parked's base kit is $6 more but it comes with a 510 atty and 5 blank cartridges and free shipping. vaprlife is $6 shipping. so it comes out the same but you get an extra atty and 5 blank carts. still thinking protege-510 $115 w/ shipping or parked's vp2-510 $115 w/ shipping:confused: i heard protege is on backorder and parked wont start shipping them out till the end of november. what do you guys think, protege or vp2? same price and both probably wont get shipped out till the end of november. :pop:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread