Status
Not open for further replies.

vkiwi

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Apr 12, 2013
nz
www.vrwoodmods.co.nz
I've been lurking here on ECF for 2 years while picking up knowledge and skills from those with more than I, and mod making on and off for the last year or so. I wanted to try a bottom feeder and decided that one with my specs was the way ahead for me. All New Zealand native timbers. No springs. No threads to adjust. No battery rattle.

Much head scratching, several prototypes and a heap of shavings later I was hooked on squonkers, and after selling a few different designs I have set up a website Home / VR Wood Mods to have a go at marketing to a wider audience than is currently available in our small country.

I am currently making bottom feeders with 10ml liquid capacity in a very compact package, dual 18650 parallel squonkers, and incorporating copper, coal, and bone with techniques I have developed as a wood artist some years ago.

Here is a short video of one of my mods

vkiwi

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Apr 12, 2013
nz
www.vrwoodmods.co.nz
heres a few V2's that have been sold already.
Burr totara
burr totara with silver beech caps
Red beech burr with sintered copper inlays
270.JPG
293.JPG
301.JPG

vkiwi

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Apr 12, 2013
nz
www.vrwoodmods.co.nz
Shipping is a flat rate to all of Europe and north America, I don't know how that works when the destination countries are all different currencies and exchange rates. NZ post must have just thrown a dart or something... 55.50 NZD. I put $500 extra insurance on each package so if its lost I can do a full custom squonker to make up for it!

DoubleEwe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 1, 2014
Hiding up a tree
Those are awesome creations vkiwi!
I really admire your workmanship, such clean builds and good use of magnets too.
Bookmarked your site for future use.

On the RDA front, have you considered the Mutation X V4 Styled RDA Clone (When a version with the plugs becomes available), it looks to be a versatile option, allowing for all user preferences (bottom airflow, or side airflow, or both). Just a thought en passant.

vkiwi

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Apr 12, 2013
nz
www.vrwoodmods.co.nz
Those are awesome creations vkiwi!
I really admire your workmanship, such clean builds and good use of magnets too.
Bookmarked your site for future use.

On the RDA front, have you considered the Mutation X V4 Styled RDA Clone (When a version with the plugs becomes available), it looks to be a versatile option, allowing for all user preferences (bottom airflow, or side airflow, or both). Just a thought en passant.
You read my mind, I was looking at those last night and they certainly cover all the bases. the only issue with many drippers is the positive post/510 design is sometimes a mongrel to mod for bottom feed. I have had to "slot" a few instead of drilling a clean hole (I like 1.5 mm for free squonking) due to the size of the pos contact screw, and these never remain reliable due to spinning posts etc. will get a couple and have a look though!

vkiwi

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Apr 12, 2013
nz
www.vrwoodmods.co.nz
Sure is, that was the prototype that I have used for 2 months of intensive "testing" haha. works a treat with 6-7 ml of juice consumed between batt changes, on around .17-.25 ohms which is where I normally vape. At .17 that's only 9.5 amps or so, so nice on batteries. I have one of these complete except the button. will put pics up later today...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread