FDA Deeming updates VTA issues FDA regulations calendar

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oliver

ECF Founder, formerly SmokeyJoe
Admin
Verified Member
The Vapor Technology Association has released an extremely useful document, outlining the key dates in the deeming implementation, and what manufacturers and suppliers must do to remain on the market.

I won't say anything more just now, but take a look through and understand that the implications of deeming do not start in 2018, but start almost immediately....

Rickajho

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2011
Boston MA
Is the "no sales to Minors" matter elaborated on in 21 CFR part 1140 as far as impact on on-line sales? One doesn't "see" someone during an on-line purchase for the purpose of telling if someone "appears" to be under age 26 or not. Up to this point there were certain age restrictions inherent in your ability to obtain a credit card that were a given.

Rickajho

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2011
Boston MA
I wonder if the 18+ (unless state has a Higher Age Limit) will require Internet Retailers to collect Photocopies of customers Photo ID's?

And what a potential disaster for identity theft if an on-line suppler was keeping those copies and they were stolen.

Aren't there a couple of age check services already in place that tie into public record information based on what you have to supply to the vendor anyway to complete a purchase? (Possibly in addition to a couple other pieces of information the vendor isn't privvy to like last 4 of SSN etc.) That would seem to be a hell of a lot less cumbersome than photos of photo id's needing to be scrutinized one at a time. Safer too.

Just thinking out loud here...

retired1

Administrator
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
Texas
I wonder if the 18+ (unless state has a Higher Age Limit) will require Internet Retailers to collect Photocopies of customers Photo ID's?

Shouldn't need to. What they most likely will do is require ID and signature upon delivery.

Any shop that wants a photocopy will immediately go on my "pass" list. Huge privacy issues with that.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
And what a potential disaster for identity theft if an on-line suppler was keeping those copies and they were stolen.

And that is Why I went on a Mini-Binge buying Hardware when California Legislators passed SBX2-7.

Because I was Not going to provide a Photocopy of my Drivers License as a condition to Sale. And CA hasn't given much guidance as to How retailers are supposed to Comply with an Age Limit Requirement for Non Face-2-Face Sales.

Reactions: MacTechVpr

Katmar

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 19, 2009
Pittsburgh, Pa
The Vapor Technology Association has released an extremely useful document, outlining the key dates in the deeming implementation, and what manufacturers and suppliers must do to remain on the market.

I won't say anything more just now, but take a look through and understand that the implications of deeming do not start in 2018, but start almost immediately....

It looks as though the regs that start almost immediately are the ones we were anticipating, no?

Reactions: zoiDman

Buster282

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2014
FL USA
Current problem for online retailers and us - one juice co. has already had their credit card processing service cancel them. Effectivley putting them out of business! They were able to find a solution after a couple of days. One of the solutions I saw required a higher percentage payment from them. The credit card co.s have a provision where they can refuse service for selling percieved illegal products or products that are detremental to the brand. Zeller and his team did their homework. I also saw on the last page of a summary of the regs saying something about all tobacco products shiped will need to have a label For Sale in the United States. Guessing that's a way to thwart shipments from overseas. I hope we find a way out of this...

skoony

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 31, 2013
saint paul,mn,usa
Current problem for online retailers and us - one juice co. has already had their credit card processing service cancel them. Effectivley putting them out of business! They were able to find a solution after a couple of days. One of the solutions I saw required a higher percentage payment from them. The credit card co.s have a provision where they can refuse service for selling percieved illegal products or products that are detremental to the brand. Zeller and his team did their homework. I also saw on the last page of a summary of the regs saying something about all tobacco products shiped will need to have a label For Sale in the United States. Guessing that's a way to thwart shipments from overseas. I hope we find a way out of this...
If that company was the one i became aware of they were still processing orders on line the next day
after they were supposedly done at he end of the day the day before.
The name escapes me right now. Considering there has only been this one to my knowledge
any hasty talk of CC companies or processors bailing out is premature.
Regards
Mike

salemgold

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
South Carolina
I don't see that happening. Record keeping is one thing, requesting/storing a copy of someone's license is another.

Granted it was 6 years ago, but that is exactly what was required when I used to buy cigarettes online. Things may have changed now. No clue.

They kept a copy of my photo ID on file and I paid by electronic check since credit card companies did not allow purchase of tobacco.

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida

I am feeling ill.

So..... how much to get a class action lawsuit going? How many people need to be in on it?

Any lawyers in the bunch?

Rickajho

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2011
Boston MA
If that company was the one i became aware of they were still processing orders on line the next day
after they were supposedly done at he end of the day the day before.
The name escapes me right now. Considering there has only been this one to my knowledge
any hasty talk of CC companies or processors bailing out is premature.
Regards
Mike

What Mike said. It was one supplier (My Vape Juice) who lost her CC processing services - and managed to get them restored in less than 24 hours by going to another card processing company.

PART 8 -The Official MyVapeJuice Family Room (Crazy Chit Chat Thread - Live LAUGH Love and Vape)

Let's keep the sweeping generalizations and hysteria level down to a dull roar. The entire industry did not lose it's card processing options overnight.

Last edited:

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
I am feeling ill.

So..... how much to get a class action lawsuit going? How many people need to be in on it?

Any lawyers in the bunch?

I can tell you this. Contrary to what ANY individual Doctor may say in private Dr/patient conversation - AAFP was instrumental in Soliciting Regulation.

Sadly, they Parrot CDC Statistical Data on Teen usage to Promote the need for E-cigarette Deeming.
Not a single comment on the reduction in TEEN Smoking due to CHOICE.

While I have never had an issue with age restrictions(maturity changes one) I have seen Little in the Success of such Age restrictions beyond satisfying those crying out for change.
I have always seen underage Drinking, Smoking and everything else restricted to Age of consent. Words without action have never proven preventative.

I will Freely admit, I got more Alcohol as an underage Teen than I have purchased or consumed as an adult. Never once did my parents have fore knowledge or give consent. Never once did Government stop me.

Societies Adults need to stop with all the FOR the Children regulation, to simply Feel they have accomplished something and put that energy toward Real Solvable Crisis world wide.
Rampant control of Government by Corporations is a Real World Crisis.:glare:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread