VTC-5's

Status
Not open for further replies.

cocuZZa00

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 15, 2014
New Jersey
I just paid $30+ for 1 Sony VTC5 battery. I currently use VTC4's so I really wanted to see what the difference is. Also, I bought it off Amazon (yes, they are in stock on Amazon's website) so I am confident they are authentic Sony VTC5 batteries.

At least that's how I am going to justify almost overpaying by double in my mind.

cocuZZa00

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 15, 2014
New Jersey
Well, Sorry to say, but, Buying from Amazon is not a guarantee at all for authentic batteries.

I unwittingly bought half a dozen fake AW's on amazon in January of this year.

I did get lucky a few months ago and received genuine Sony VTC5's from Jetts batteries through Amazon. I got lucky however.

Really? how did you handle the situation? Did Amazon do anything?

Thank you for bringing this to my attention.

anumber1

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2014
NW Ohio
Amazon did nothing. The Seller denied the AW's were fake but, The batteries I received scored 100% on the "how to tell fake AW batteries" threads prevalent in this forum.

I received a product. That is as far as Amazon went. They were not going to listen to my claims of "but the font of the print is wrong and that they lacked the holographic sticker".

Fake Sony's abound on Amazon and Ebay right now. VTC5's have become scarce now and the fakes are truly easy to buy.

cocuZZa00

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 15, 2014
New Jersey

cocuZZa00

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 15, 2014
New Jersey
Amazon did nothing. The Seller denied the AW's were fake but, The batteries I received scored 100% on the "how to tell fake AW batteries" threads prevalent in this forum.

I received a product. That is as far as Amazon went. They were not going to listen to my claims of "but the font of the print is wrong and that they lacked the holographic sticker".

Fake Sony's abound on Amazon and Ebay right now. VTC5's have become scarce now and the fakes are truly easy to buy.

Wow... that's really a shame. It's amazing how people will take advantage of other people just to make a buck... especially with something so dangerous.

Kemosabe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2011
Roe Dylin
Wow... that's really a shame. It's amazing how people will take advantage of other people just to make a buck... especially with something so dangerous.

it shocked me too last year when i bought fake MNKE cells from a VAPE STORE, nonetheless. now, things like this barely raise my eyebrow. its incredibly irresponsible and pathetic, to say the least. these days i refuse to buy any batteries from any vendor who has not been verified up, down, sideways, and inside out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread