VTR, I love you, but...

Status
Not open for further replies.

djtonyb

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 19, 2010
Big Pine Key
So I've had the VTR for a couple of months, and I love the weight and the way it protects the tanks. The Davide is my favorite clearo, and it works quite well with the VTR... but I've had the issue with the floating-ohms reading... I can live with just using VV, but then I started having issues with the display just turning itself on randomly and staying on with the voltage reading lit until I pull the battery out and reset it. Now, after less than two months, the 510 connector is threatening to strip out... I've never tightened it past finger tight, but now it doesn't stop turning even with the tank fully seated in the connector. I'm thinking about getting some conductive epoxy and permanently mounting an air-flow adapter to fix it, but the epoxy sells for about forty bucks... I could wait for the issues to be addressed and buy an updated version for not much more... le sigh.

Anyone else have a solution to the stripped threading that isn't a $40.00 fix?

erikbal

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2013
Olean, NY
I assume you have one with the wheel that spins? This seems to be a somewhat common issue from what I hear, well the floating ohm reading anyways. I noticed my local B&M has what must be a newer version with the wheel that is stationary and does not spin. I can't really think of many more options besides your idea honestly.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread