Status
Not open for further replies.

Froth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 1, 2014
Chipotle.
Yep, that's mostly "the biggies" products there behind the counter, you'll probably notice it increasing over the next few months. Over about the last six months I have noticed the same thing and I'm also on the east coast, six months ago there was only a few stores with Blu e-cigs in them and that's it, in an out of the way spot behind the counter, VERY rarely I'd see an NJOY king, Now fast forward six months later and most convenience stores in my area that had a large cigarette display have now dedicated an entire shelving unit(some places more) to the display and sale of e-cigs, many of these places are also advertising with signage near the road or on the storefront. Now it honestly seems like every store I go into that sells cigarettes is also selling some sort of e-liquid or cigalike type product, Two of the 7-11's near me sell Kanger starter blister packs and Kanger coils now along with some weird juice line.

nynvolt

Aug 2, 2014
Placentia, CA, USA
Love how they keep referring to it as a "tobacco product" yet in the FAQ it says the fuse contains no tobacco but contains nicotine from tobacco blah blah. They really want to drive home the idea it's a tobacco product simply because it contains nicotine, which is common in many plants leaves. It's a plants insecticide.

Also they say it's not a cessation tool. All of the wording is to try and push for regulations and taxes that make vaping on the cheap impossible. Freaking bottom feeding jack holes.

Hightower

Mar 16, 2014
USA
I've seen 5 commercials today for this product on satellite TV. Commercials were either on TBS or CC (was flipping between them when I noticed these commercials).

With the EXTREME ban on any and just about ALL advertising on analog cigarettes. If big tobacco can freely advertise vaping, then vaping can not be grouped with analog cigarettes.

ProjektMayhem

ECF Veteran
Aug 8, 2014
Mooresville, NC, USA
I've seen 5 commercials today for this product on satellite TV. Commercials were either on TBS or CC (was flipping between them when I noticed these commercials).

With the EXTREME ban on any and just about ALL advertising on analog cigarettes. If big tobacco can freely advertise vaping, then vaping can not be grouped with analog cigarettes.

Yeah they're kinda contradicting themselves there. RJ even admits that it's a tobacco product yet they're advertising it on TV which isn't allowed for tobacco products. So I guess if you get nic from another plant it couldn't be considered a tobacco product because it's not "derived from tobacco"?

KODIAK (TM)

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 31, 2014
Dead Moose, AK
So I guess if you get nic from another plant it couldn't be considered a tobacco product because it's not "derived from tobacco"?
Yes. Doing this would stop all the FDA regulations in their tracks. That said, it's just not economically feasible to get nicotine from anything else at this time.

GinnyTx

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2014
Pearland, TX
BUT They're made by "Tobacco Professionals" or experts or whichever it was :p

we saw the commercial last night during Legends, and it's kind of "Big Brothery" yah know?

that it's made by a Tobacco company is enough for me to never use them if I was quitting (I trusted them once when a Doctor advertised how good they were for me yah know?)

we saw the big display in Walgreens day before yesterday when we ran out of paper towels (*I swore I had some in the garage) but it's right there to the right of the cigs which are still right behind the cash register and the patches and gum are still on the top shelf, but also back on the shelves in the back.

I think now that Big Tobacco has an interest in e cigs/ejuice, etc we're going to see them going for the bucks, cracking down on taxing, regulating, etc, as always "Follow the Money".

wanna feel used? Buy VUSE!!:p

pamdis

ECF Veteran
Jun 11, 2013
IL
I have a question, and pardon if I am ignorant, my understanding is the current nicotine cap is 24mg for mass produced ecigs, and liquids. Yet Vuse offers 36mg? Seems to me like a last ditch effort to make damn sure there custemors get hooked, and stay on them instead of quitting smoking...

There is no cap.

Maurice Pudlo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 27, 2013
United States
There is no cap.

Exactly, our industry has self regulated to more reasonable levels, 24mg/ml really being the common upper limit, and 18mg/ml being about where most call the liquid high nicotine content.

Big tobacco knows what they are doing, they know calling e-cigarette a tobacco product and advertising them exactly where tobacco ads are not legal is in effect pushing regulation in the direction they want it to go. It works because they can afford to deal with any and all consequence that comes from regulation or total elimination of this market. Win win situation in their eyes.

Big tobacco doesn't care if you use their vaping products, they only care that nicotine delivery remains 100% in their control.

Maurice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread