VV box mod uses 2 x 14500 batteries...which ones?

Status
Not open for further replies.

thatick

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 17, 2012
United States
Ok i have 3 vv box mods that all use 2 x 14500 batteries. Up to this point ive been using trust fire flames but im looking to purchase new batteries. Should i get the AW IMR 600 mah, The AW protected 750 mah, or just get more of the TF flames protected 900 mah? I read a ton of threads on the 14500 batteries but most seemed to deal with single battery mods so wasnt sure how having a two battery mod would change the issue. Thanks for any assistance.

kwalka

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2012
Clearwater, Florida
walkers-finest.com
All the "big boys" of batteries say get away fron Trustfires. I have the same above mentioned boxes, and I have all AW 14500 3.7v 600 mAh batts. Make sure you buy them from an ECF approved vendor such as SuperT Manufacturing. Having 2 batts in any form, series, or parallel makes it much more important that you have the right batts. When you add a second batt you are adding more risk. Do you own a meter? If not get one, click on my signature and READ.
Good luck and dont be afraid to ask away.

MickeyRat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2011
Hickory, NC
As for the best, it's the AW IMRs. They can handle a higher current draw. There is some debate about the Trustfires with the majority against. I used Trustfires for a while and they worked well until I switched to 901 atomizers. For some reason 901s drew enough current to pop the protection circuits on the Trustfires even at the same resistance as the 510s. As Kwalka mentioned, get them from a reputable dealer. There are a lot of counterfeits out there. Super-T or RTD Vapor are good. Some people get them from Lighthound.

kwalka

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2012
Clearwater, Florida
walkers-finest.com
As for the best, it's the AW IMRs. They can handle a higher current draw. There is some debate about the Trustfires with the majority against. I used Trustfires for a while and they worked well until I switched to 901 atomizers. For some reason 901s drew enough current to pop the protection circuits on the Trustfires even at the same resistance as the 510s. As Kwalka mentioned, get them from a reputable dealer. There are a lot of counterfeits out there. Super-T or RTD Vapor are good. Some people get them from Lighthound.

This time I do not stand corrected. Please see this thread from yesterday.

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...anasonic-cgr18650ch-panasonic-cgr18650ch.html

MickeyRat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2011
Hickory, NC

kwalka

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2012
Clearwater, Florida
walkers-finest.com
Uhhh no...You stand corrected twice :) Those are 18650s and I bought some for my wife's Bolt. The OP was asking about 14500s. I haven't seen an equivalent IMR for those out there.

Ok I give up... This time assuming just made an ... out of me. I didnt even look at the title. Next time MickeyRat, Next time. I will be more attentive before I get on my horse. :facepalm:

scalewiz

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 17, 2011
I'd recommend you stick with the AW protected batteries. I've got a couple VV box mods in which I use the AW IMR batteries, but I am very careful not to over-discharge them. The AW IMR are not a chip-protected battery, they are considered safer chemistry. As such, they have nothing to prevent that over-discharge condition. It is very easy to simply use them until you regulator drops out, then replace and recharge them. But, I would be very careful as to how far they are actually discharged. Over-discharging a battery is not good.

Use a protected battery (chip-protected) to prevent over-discharge.

thatick

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 17, 2012
United States
I'd recommend you stick with the AW protected batteries. I've got a couple VV box mods in which I use the AW IMR batteries, but I am very careful not to over-discharge them. The AW IMR are not a chip-protected battery, they are considered safer chemistry. As such, they have nothing to prevent that over-discharge condition. It is very easy to simply use them until you regulator drops out, then replace and recharge them. But, I would be very careful as to how far they are actually discharged. Over-discharging a battery is not good.

ugghh now u got me worried about using the IMR batteries. This battery stuff is such a headache. :blink:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread