VV grand VS original Grand

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boothvilleboi

ECF Veteran
Apr 5, 2011
Boothville Louisiana
OK. So my next purchase obviously is going to be the VV Grand. But as my curiosity grasps my sense of versatility I ponder the thought of my grand bath. Being a chip inside and all that would it be a harder cleaning method and would kicking my grand make more sense? Idk I'm so please with the craftsmanship on this mod that I preach to all noobs from the get go. I am satisfied at a full charge for about two hours on AW IMR 2000 mah. But after the 4.1-4.2 volts fade I need a "kick" . My question would be the cleaning of a VV? what does this entail? I obviously know I can't run it under hot water. Please let me know.

Mudflap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2010
Tyler, Texas
You clean the VV Grand by wiping it down with a soft cloth. Cotton balls & q-tips have worked well for me for getting the inside clean. You can lightly dampen your cloth/cotton balls/q-tips with some alcohol or a mild cleanser. For the feed tube, you can use a needle cap bottle or a syringe to squirt some isopropyl alcohol, vodka, or PGA down the atty connector. Just point the bottom of the feed tube down a sink or a wadded up paper towel or whatever to catch the alcohol as it drains out. I also use a q-tip to swab the threads on the bottle's cap and occasionally pull it all the way off the feed tube to give it a good rinsing. Reservoir and atty connector: swab with a q-tip.

FeistyAlice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2010
Near Dallas Texas
To do a little more cleaning on tube, cap, o-ring without taking tube, cap,o-ring apart you can fill the bottle with alcohol of your choice and turn it upside down and propped up in a dish drainer to soak for howerever long U want. I usually do for a few hours. With the non chipped REOs I take bottle off and immerce fully in cup of 90% isopropyl for a few hours.

Feisty Alice

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2

FeistyAlice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2010
Near Dallas Texas
Just got in from airport. Plane late but at least not cancelled.

Picked up VVGs today. WOW!!!!!!!!!! First the glitter Purple is almost blue as compared to the standard Purple.

For the very first time, two years vaping, I'm able to use a thumb instead of index finger!!!!! Actually easier for me than index finger due to not too awfully long fingernails.

It feels wonderful. It probably won't take long to get used to thumb.

Have an ERA on it and adjusting to squonking more as I've been using mostly cartos for a year. ERA is single Kanthal 32 A, 5 winds around short 3mm silica wick. I didn't leave any tails on wick beyond coil and no loops. (The 3mm is really too thick to double.) 2.4 ohms prior to dryburning coil with plain VG. Been vaping on for about 3 hours. Will see what the ohms are when I do a PGA soak and dryburn tomorrow.

I did soak made up coil/wick in PGA for an hour before putting on ERA and dry burning.

All is fine!!!!

As there is not much wick in the ERA I think I've found the perfect way to squonk. Gently barely squonk bottle, and hold it for a couple of seconds (probably longer than 2 seconds) before letting go. The excess juice then goes back into bottle. I'll have to adjust as juice is used up.

So thrilled Robert. You done GREAT!!!!

Hugs, Feisty Alice

Salad and TV time.

Last edited:

Ratman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 10, 2012
Tulsa OK
Have an ERA on it and adjusting to squonking more as I've been using mostly cartos for a year. ERA is single Kanthal 32 A, 5 winds around short 3mm silica wick. I didn't leave any tails on wick beyond coil and no loops. (The 3mm is really too thick to double.) 2.4 ohms prior to dryburning coil with plain VG. Been vaping on for about 3 hours. Will see what the ohms are when I do a PGA soak and dryburn tomorrow.

I did soak made up coil/wick in PGA for an hour before putting on ERA and dry burning.

Wow, I am proud of the fact that I understood every single word and abbreviation of that :) So glad you are lovin it Alice!

lalasalama8

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 7, 2012
north carolina coast
Wow, I am proud of the fact that I understood every single word and abbreviation of that :) So glad you are lovin it Alice!

lol, me too...I understood it all and my ERA isn't here yet!...is 3mm what comes with the ERA?. I've watched some "looping" tutorials and just assumed that's what I would try..already have some Kanthal 32, but haven't purchased any wick yet...way to go Alice!

Mudflap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2010
Tyler, Texas
lol, me too...I understood it all and my ERA isn't here yet!...is 3mm what comes with the ERA?. I've watched some "looping" tutorials and just assumed that's what I would try..already have some Kanthal 32, but haven't purchased any wick yet...way to go Alice!

2mm silica wick is what came with my ERA. The crazy looping wicks are horrible, in my opinion.

TennDave

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2010
Knoxville, TN
I'm using the 3ml wick...I triple it..in other words, loop it once near where the post is closest to the threads...and then make my coils near that end...if need be, I'll cut the loop off if it interferes with putting the cap on...I leave a tail (3 strands of 3ml wick)...curl it around the post that has room away from the threads...as long as it's not too long it pulls plenty of air. If it's too long, it stops the air flow and so I'll trim it a bit. This setup seems to give me a lot of vapor and works well. I aim for about 2.3ohms w/ 30 gage wire now, looped 5 times and at 4.5V on my VV Grand!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread