vv mox mod with volt indiator screen having problems can some one please help me....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris Braddock

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 6, 2012
United States
ok heres the deal i bought a vv box mod tat has the volt screen it says on the site it goes from 0 to 7volts however wen i turn it on with out putting a carto on it it reads all the way up to 7.5v
my problem is no matter what i use it shuts it self down after 5.2v my cartos ar fine i use them on 6v i tried dcc ive tried triple coils carts i tried a 3.2ohm boge regardless my dual coil cartos should be going up past 6 even the triple coil i emailed this place a ticked friday and havent heard from thm yet does anyone have an idea what is wrong with it?is it a dud?it seems its a safty feature but it shult not be shutting down at after 5.2 i put one of them xxxxl dual coil cartos on it and it shut down at 4.8 what is going on here this is supposed to go up to 7.5v websight says 7v not matter what it should go past 5.2 this is crazy and it got me stumped any ideas or help pleae

Chris Braddock

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 6, 2012
United States
i did try that same thing but still if im using a dualcoil which i use on my silver bullet a 6v it shuldnt be tripping it after 5.2 correct but i did try a 5ohm boge single coil carto same thing once i go up to anything ove 5.2v it works for a sec and shuts down...mabey a dud i dont know very confused..thanks for the fast response

Jim Bob

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 21, 2011
Kentucky
I'm guessing it's the Madvapes mod and I am also guessing using 900mAh trustfire flames(protected) also guessing that 7v is tirpping the batteries protection circuit. Also you will hear back from MV (if I am correct) they have a load of tickets to service over the w/e and they are aware that "some" of the VV mods have some issues . (as I understand what the owner said in a thread on MV forum) IF you can turn the mod off/on and it fires again I imagine you're pulling too much current for Those batteries is the issue .

Chris Braddock

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 6, 2012
United States
u r right jim it is the madvapes one ...it trips at 5.3,i love mad vapes and still will buy stuff of them now i can turn it back on i am using the trust fire 900mah if i use 600mah it wont even go up to 7.5v if i turn the wheel were it shuld read 7.5v the highest it goes is 4.4v kinda weired thats with the lifepo4 14500 mah battiers...
so im not really sure whats going on the only reason i got it is to have the option to go up that high if i ever wanted to...
here is the link
Variable Volt Box Mod w/ Voltage Indicator

what im confused about is it says goes from 0v to 7v but this goes up to 7.5v if i dont attach anything to it then hit the botton..thiers really no other battiers i think the 900mah which trips it after5.2v then if i use the 600 mah the highest the volts will go up to is in the low 4v and thats turned all the way to the right were it should read 7.5 v i know thell get back to me if been buying off them for a while this has been my first problem and ill still buy off them just want this resolved or find out whats going on...i put a xxxl dual coil carto on it and it triped a 4.9 with th 900mah in

Godzilla

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Sep 3, 2010
Northern California
www.foxyboxmods.com
Have you tried a 2.5 ohm dual coil? I found that went to 6 and even a little above. I found that a 2 ohm dual coil worked at about 5v, but I found some batteries to be finicky with that combo.

Your 1.5 dual coils will definitely shut the mod down above 4 or 4.2 v. I dont know if that is the regulator, or the batteries doing it, but this has been my experience.

I take my smoketech 3.2 ohm single coils to a max of around 5 or 5.2 depending on the eliquid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread