VV Nova air locked!! What to do??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tankman77

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 16, 2013
Sac, Ca.
So I got my brother a Mini VV Nova tank, to celebrate his first month of vaping!! :)
Out of box I set it up, rinsed, quick dry burn, made sure head was tight, tank tight and filled it up!! Screwed the tank on to the Ego twist and could NOT draw from it!! This thing is air locked. backed off the tank until I could get a draw and it hit OK, but the tank is wabbling and looks like sh^t.
Thinking of pulling the center post and cutting a few slots at the bottom??
what do you guys think? Has anyone had this problem? and how did you rectify it?
Any help would be appreciated:)

Edit: this is a newer model with the air holes ABOVE the 510 threading and not in the threading like previous models.
and YES I made sure the air holes were not obstructed by the rubber insulater inside the base!!
Thanks Guys for your suggestions

Last edited:

Tankman77

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 16, 2013
Sac, Ca.
what device are you using this on? i have most devices and have never had this problem with any of them,maybe use a small 510 extension? it sounds like the device has a 510 connection a little to recessed or maybe you got a bad vivi? is it a vision vivi nova or one of the knockoffs?
I fitted it to the ego twist originally, no draw....tried in on the ProVari, no draw.....on the proV mini, same, Vmax, same......
it is air locked on all my PVs. It is an Oringinal VV Nova mini, with the air holes drilled above the 510 threading (not in the threading) like older models. I am baffled????

Tankman77

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 16, 2013
Sac, Ca.
Problem Fixed:thumbs:
Pulled the center post out from bottom of the base, notched the center post insert with dremel, reassembled, tightened everything up after quick rinse and hitting like a champ!!!
Thanks for all your replies Jazon:)

Edit: and Steeler Girl too!!!:D
(I didnt see your reply when I posted)!!

Last edited:

Tankman77

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 16, 2013
Sac, Ca.
i have 11 of these and have never had a single problem with any of them,maybe try another coil on it? its possible your coil is bad and the wick is blocking the air hole a bit?

Changed head three times. Problem was coming form air intake through base.
If I took my finger and covered the very end of the base connection, no air could be taken in. The heads were fine, if the tank was backed off the PV.

Violy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 4, 2010
NC
I had this issue too.

I have two Provaris and only had the issue on one of them even though I switched around the same Nova tank between the two. I think the second Provari (black silk finish) may have just been made ever so slightly different from my chrome one - causing zero air flow in my Nova.

I ended up just using a mini on the black one and keeping the regular nova on the chrome one.

Tankman77

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 16, 2013
Sac, Ca.
I had this issue too.

I have two Provaris and only had the issue on one of them even though I switched around the same Nova tank between the two. I think the second Provari (black silk finish) may have just been made ever so slightly different from my chrome one - causing zero air flow in my Nova.

I ended up just using a mini on the black one and keeping the regular nova on the chrome one.

The nova tank that I received had a completely flat center post (positive post) there were no notches or small flanges extending out from the bottom of the post, weird???? So I used the dremel to score some some.....hitting like a champ now!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread