VV REOS Part VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

munkey

Apr 3, 2011
Louisville
I bought stand off's but I saw somebody showed a picture using a standard nut

a 5/8" steel ball bearing works well.

That was Alice, I think - big ole hex nut, fit perfectly!

yoou might email Randy at rtd vapor he might be able to sell them

here I found it

this is what i use. works well!

Thanks all, appreciate the suggestions!

My local hardware store carries a variety of these. I'd probably buy a couple of the right length. They're cheap and so am I.
Looks good! Do you or anybody else know what the "right length" is? (If not, I can just take the charger and a batt to the hardware store, but I would think this to be a fairly common question since the PILA is such a popular charger -- for good reason!)

unsure

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 6, 2010
Silicon Valley, California
My local hardware store carries a variety of these. I'd probably buy a couple of the right length. They're cheap and so am I.

spacers_thumbnail.jpg

Lucky for me, the TR-001 fits everything with no spacers required.

Very smart Man that Tripp! :thumbs: My house is a spacer free-zone :laugh:

charger.JPG

Another good safe Trustfire charger that doesn't need spacers for REO batts is the TrustFire TR-003P4

battcharger.JPG

Last edited:

kazz63758

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 23, 2011
Southeast Missouri
If you are using the screw in spacers rovided with the Pila, then 15mm. If you want to only swap between 18350 and 18650 batts, then 30mm.

You can make an approx 30mm spacer with an 1" bolt with nuts screwed onto it to hold it centered in the channel.

30mmadapter.jpg

Thanks all, appreciate the suggestions!

Looks good! Do you or anybody else know what the "right length" is? (If not, I can just take the charger and a batt to the hardware store, but I would think this to be a fairly common question since the PILA is such a popular charger -- for good reason!)

Last edited:

unsure

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 6, 2010
And I see it also does the 18650s and the 17670s too. I think I'm going to order one from Randy when he gets the 18350s in. Thanks for the info.

Edit: Another question - Can I charge IMR batts and protected batts at the same time in it?

17670s...never owned any but I dont see why not and yes I charge all different size/types batts at the same time! :)

munkey

Apr 3, 2011
Louisville
You can make an approx 30mm spacer with an 1" bolt with nuts screwed onto it to hold it centered in the channel.
Cool -- pic was helpful. This looks easy enough.

Based on a number of responses, the impression that I'm getting is "get something conductive in there that fits" and it will work. That was my initial guess, but I didn't want to blindly mess around and end up doing something that might unnecessarily increase the fire hazard factor.

unsure

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 6, 2010
Asked Randy this a while back yes that charger will work without spacers.

These all AWIMR batts will work without spacers in the charger and as mentioned the 18350s too.

EDIT: Im sure the Pila is the top of the line charger you can buy and better quality than the ones I have. I didn't buy one for several reasons
1) I don't like using spacers
2) I would probably loose spacers (Im lame)
3) Im lazy and like hassle free usage
4) Im a tightass :( and try to cut cornors when possible

That said Pila owners love them to death and would never own anything else. :)

Last edited:

kazz63758

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 23, 2011
Southeast Missouri
You are welcome. The aluminum spacers I linked above from the RTD site are only a bit over $2 each. So not expensive to add to a battery order. I just have lots of nuts, bolt, etc lying around and decided to make my own. I've been using them with 18350's on a VV Hog's Mod since November without issue.

Cool -- pic was helpful. This looks easy enough.

Based on a number of responses, the impression that I'm getting is "get something conductive in there that fits" and it will work. That was my initial guess, but I didn't want to blindly mess around and end up doing something that might unnecessarily increase the fire hazard factor.

unsure

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 6, 2010
I have a very lame question as I haven't kept myself updated with all the Reo VV talk:

When the vv for the metal Reos come out, will we be able to buy parts and upgrade our existing grands and minis?

You mean covert one exactly to a VV grand? No, but you can Kick your existing grand to make a VV. Someone can correct me if Im wrong.

MXBNW

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 15, 2010
NW Washingtion
www.e-cigarette-forum.com
From what I know that will not be parts to upgrade the Grand or Mini's

The VV Grand is a mod all is own. :)

I have a very lame question as I haven't kept myself updated with all the Reo VV talk:

When the vv for the metal Reos come out, will we be able to buy parts and upgrade our existing grands and minis?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread