Not open for further replies.

BJ43

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 27, 2008
IMG_1308.jpg

IMG_1306.jpg

The original PT in a 3AA box the new one in a 2AA box, good size for my new Line V2...

BJ43

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 27, 2008
After moving some of the internal parts I had a couple of extra holes in my mod so I decided to try covering it with SS mesh. I planned on cutting out the meter hole after the mesh was on, but to my surprise the meter can be read thru the mesh. Looks kind of stealth. Now a few coats of clear and a knob for the pot.

IMG_1313.jpg

asdaq

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
poland, and the brassy lands of google
Ahhhhhh, you've done it, modding with the mesh itself. Was only a matter of time before that would happen with someone. Ya know, oxidizing before the clear coat might be a nice effect, doesn't have to be black, just sort of blued here and there. Have you been to see Dr Gummy recently? :laugh:

BJ43

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 27, 2008
Ahhhhhh, you've done it, modding with the mesh itself. Was only a matter of time before that would happen with someone. Ya know, oxidizing before the clear coat might be a nice effect, doesn't have to be black, just sort of blued here and there. Have you been to see Dr Gummy recently? :laugh:
LOL Oxidizing should be cool, have to try a piece. Proably do need a Dr's appointment.

rubrduk

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 4, 2012
show me
Today I dug out a cell phone car charger, plugged it in ,almost 5 volts. I was thinking about using the 2596 in a box just run the 2 wires from the charge cable in and attach to 2596 in, (or through on/off switch) and use it. Or put batts in the box also and a switch to go between or somehow make it where it can charge batts too.

BJ43

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 27, 2008
Today I dug out a cell phone car charger, plugged it in ,almost 5 volts. I was thinking about using the 2596 in a box just run the 2 wires from the charge cable in and attach to 2596 in, (or through on/off switch) and use it. Or put batts in the box also and a switch to go between or somehow make it where it can charge batts too.

5v, you lose 2 volts thru the regulator so you would only have a max of 3 v out. Kind of not worth it. Also you need at least 2 amps in. We normally use 12 and more volts in, and 3+ amps source. The minimum being two batteries at 7.4V.

In box charging of batteries in series is dangerous and not recommended. You need a balancing charger.

Last edited:

digunderground

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 4, 2012
Vaparadise

digunderground

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 4, 2012
Vaparadise
@BJ43 - thanks for the quick response, and all the great help!

I guess I should be more specific. I'm attempting a box mod that will be a single battery (so far an 18650 or 18500) and I want to be able to vary the voltage both boost and buck. If I'm understanding the specs correctly, it seems the unit above will allow me to boost the output of the battery to 5-6v easily, or down to 2V (to play around with VeryLR coils).

If you have any input, please let me know.

BJ43

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 27, 2008
@BJ43 - thanks for the quick response, and all the great help!

I guess I should be more specific. I'm attempting a box mod that will be a single battery (so far an 18650 or 18500) and I want to be able to vary the voltage both boost and buck. If I'm understanding the specs correctly, it seems the unit above will allow me to boost the output of the battery to 5-6v easily, or down to 2V (to play around with VeryLR coils).

If you have any input, please let me know.

Go for it, remember there is a 2.5v loss in the unit. I have never had any use for LR coils, less surface area of wraps just results in less vaper, hotter but less, I have found 7 or 8 wraps 2.6 tl 2.8 ohms at 5 to 6v is hard to beat.

digunderground

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 4, 2012
Vaparadise
digunderground that looks pretty cool. Let me know how it works out.

As soon as I get it ill be making another mod, ill let you know how it works out. So far the specs will include:
1 x 18650 battery
1 x voltage screen
1 x 3a fire button
1x 3/4" copper tube for battery
** Undetermined enclosure for the buck boost controller.
1 x Buck Boost controller 3-35V to 1.25-30V DC Converter Buck Boost Module Step-Up Step-Down Power Supply | eBay

If the buck boost doesn't work as I'm expecting, I will move to the TI step up chip and a digital potentiometer.

Either way, I will post a full build / parts list / video in the modding forum.

MANY THANKS TO BJ43 and the other modders on here for all the great information!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread