VW plunge next week... research assistance

Status
Not open for further replies.

_Lee

ECF Veteran
Sep 9, 2013
FLA
I want to get away from buying eGo type batteries. I have no issues with them, but I would rather use something with replaceable batteries, like 18350/18650/etc. I want VW naturally. Where my quagmire lies (giggety) is i like the form factor of the twists, spinners and itaste vv. I also like the price point, which is a big point.

Here's some of the simple math I played with in my head:

6 Month cost to own
Say an spinner/twist last 6 months - $3.34/mo @ $20 but no VW
itaste vv v3 same 6 mo - $6.67/mo @ $40
ZMax Mini (+ 2 batts/charger) 6 mo - 13.33 @ $80
VTR 6 mo - $100

Annual cost
I know I will want two of whatever (primary and backup), so I doubled the numbers.

spinner/twist - $80
itaste vv 3 - $80
ZMax mini - $160
VTR - $200

Not using fasttech... not dealing with that.

Are there any other options that would give me two of whatever with VW below the ZMax mini annual cost?

Not a fan of the MVP as I do not like how the tanks sit on the top. I would do a pipe with VW also.

Thanks!

Bill's Magic Vapor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 8, 2013
USA
First question, how much did you spend each month on smoking? Second question, Fasttech is an excellent option that I've used 15 times. I've had friends who used them 50 times. Never a problem. Many more problems with US vendors. They don't carry a lot of things that I use anymore, but when I first started, one third to one half off US prices? Definitely worth a consideration. Their batteries are getting through again, btw. Certainly would buy another Provari before a VTR, btw. I've had all the others. The Sigelei etteV5 is quite nice only a bit more than the Sigelei Mini. The iTaste is the best stick battery on the market, imho. I have spent no more on vaping than I did on smoking to date, which is to say a lot of vape gear, but I don't smoke anymore, it's been almost 10 months, and the best vape gear is well worth the money in my opinion. But, different strokes. Some people vape to save money. It's your Journey/VapeQuest, I say get the best gear you can for where you are in your Journey. A better vape is a better vape. Keep doing what you are doing, ask for other people's opinions. Watch YouTube videos on anything you are considering buying. Most of us learn by trial and error, I know, the expensive way, but how else are you really going to know? Good luck, happy shopping, Power up and Vape On!

klynnn

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 20, 2012
prattville
I also have quite a few orders from FT and have been very happy with them. I use the bigger mods at home and save my smaller ones for when out and about. Why not check out the vamo kit? I have 4 of them so far with no problems but I am preparing for the apocalypse. The Zmax Svd Provari are all nice. I don't worry so much about costs as I am saving so much from not smoking.

traderljp

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 16, 2013
South Florida
Sorry I don't have much to add...I just wanted to commend the way you tossed in the 'giggity'. :p

I started out (and am still using) my ego starter kit which is ok. It is just a couple of 1000 mah, non-vv batteries with some CE4's. I did buy a bunch of evods which have been a great improvement, but like you, I am ready to move up. Kind of wished I had just started out with a VAMO or something similar. That will likely be my next purchase.

Good luck with your next device!

Coastal Cowboy

This aggression will not stand, man!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Alabama Gulf Coast
www.ibleedcrimsonred.com
In terms of cost vs. benefit and cost over time to own, it's hard to beat the Vamo V3. It has the VW feature that's at the top of your list and while FastTech lists it for ~35 for a bare bones system, you could probably find a US vendor selling it for a little less than 2x that and not have to deal with the slow boat from China thing.

If you don't mind not having a removable battery, the VV V3 might be a reasonable choice. It has the Ego form factor (diameter wise) and an 800mAh battery, and also features VW.

Prices are comparable.

I went back and forth between these two and settled on the Vamo because if/when the batteries die, I still have the mod. Or, vice versa.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread