Status
Not open for further replies.

dykealiscious

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 25, 2014
Seattle
So, living in Seattle I wanted to see what King county had to say about vaping. The laws passed in 2010 (really, that long ago?) led me to a passage on youth that really bit my ..... Let me put my 2 cents in. From the bilaws:

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, Geneva, Swiss, SunSans-Regular]Marketing to kids[/FONT]

• [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, Geneva, Swiss, SunSans-Regular]E-cigarette manufacturers use big tobacco industry marketing tactics that appeal to youth. An example can be seen in a recent Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Edition.[/FONT]
  • [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, Geneva, Swiss, SunSans-Regular]E-cigarettes are often aggressively placed in convenience stores near candy.[/FONT]
  • [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, Geneva, Swiss, SunSans-Regular]E-juice comes in a wide variety of youth attractive flavors such as chocolate, cola, vanilla, cherry.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, Geneva, Swiss, SunSans-Regular]

Okay, first of all, does anyone else find it dichotomous that the first statement talks about marketing to kids as seen in "SPORTS ILLUSTRATED SWIMSUIT ISSUE"?????? I don't know any kids that read this! Do you? Seriously! Sounds like an adult target audience to me. And go ahead and click on that link. Targeting kids with a bikini? I was thinking I was going to see Ronald McDonald and the Hamburler holding some ejuice. Nope.

Second: I have NEVER seen ejuice next to candy. It's always behind the counter with other nicotine products. This is just ridiculous. Not to mention the use of the word "aggressively." Being in a progressive city with other things legal without problem, I just am in awe.

And finally: Adults apparently would prefer vaping more ADULT flavors like prime rib, asparagus and sardines. We HATE sweets and fruit.

That's my rant. ::facepalm:: Seriously..this is getting out of hand.
[/FONT]

sbdivemaster

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 11, 2013
Capra's Shangri-La
The "flavors=aggressively marketing to children" thing really pisses me off. You seen the flavors in the vodka aisle recently?

Birthday Cake:

th

Rainbow Sherbert:

th

Cotton Candy:

th

Nah, they're not aggressively marketing to children....

th

DrMA

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2013
Seattle area
Afaik, King County was the first jurisdiction in the US, if not worldwide, to pass anti-ecigs laws. The board of health reacted to the 2009 FDA nonsense and banned all they could with no opposition, including vaping in work places and public spaces where smoking is banned. The ordinance still stands, since nobody seems interested to take them to court.

PS: none of that bilge is stopping me from practicing my God-given right and Constitutional civil liberty to vape. :p

Last edited:

dykealiscious

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 25, 2014
Seattle
The "flavors=aggressively marketing to children" thing really pisses me off. You seen the flavors in the vodka aisle recently?

Birthday Cake:

th

Rainbow Sherbert:

th

Cotton Candy:

th

Nah, they're not aggressively marketing to children....

th

Omg! Right?

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

dykealiscious

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 25, 2014
Seattle
Afaik, King County was the first jurisdiction in the US, if not worldwide, to pass anti-ecigs laws. The board of health reacted to the 2009 FDA nonsense and banned all they could with no opposition, including vaping in work places and public spaces where smoking is banned. The ordinance still stands, since nobody seems interested to take them to court.

PS: none of that bilge is stopping me from practicing my God-given right and Constitutional civil liberty to vape. :p

I Vape in my office. I'm a mental health counselor. But I also work in Snohomish county for a tribe, a sovereign nation. Nobody has complained yet.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread