Wait wut? Amazon getting into the clone market?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jayvaps

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2013
South Florida
I couldn't help myself and went ahead and ordered the kayfun Lite clone, should have it by Wednesday heh.

Never tried anything like it before, should be a fun experience lol.

lol. I just want to make myself clear. I am NOT affiliated with these folks at all!! This is not an advert!!

I just found the link on gotsmok earlier.

jameth

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 26, 2011
Southern Utah
lol. I just want to make myself clear. I am NOT affiliated with these folks at all!! This is not an advert!!

I just found the link on gotsmok earlier.

Hah yea I know.

Normally I wouldn't even think about ordering something randomly like this, but being on Amazon, with Prime, and the fact that I had some extra money available on my Amazon store card, kinda became the perfect storm lol.

And I just got in a Protank 3 today so I really don't need another thing heh., oh well, will be my first rebuild-able.

Jayvaps

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2013
South Florida
More like a "Hong Kong Post worry you? Not anymore! Get the latest and greatest from Amazon!"

To be honest. Amazon getting into vaping full throttle would be both good and bad.

On one hand, it would give the industry some leverage from banning. Amazon has Alot of clout, and if they are getting a cut of the profit, they would use that clout. It would also 'normalize' the industry.

But on the other hand, amazon would crush many of the smaller shops and limit options for consumers. It would be like Walmart coming into a town and closing up all the small stores on main street.

Double edged sword.

jameth

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 26, 2011
Southern Utah
Wow, I would never ever buy that! Anyone doing sub-ohm needs to learn how to do it right themselves, not buy it from Amazon.

I don't intend on using their pre-built coil, I have a lifetime supply of 28 guage kanthal.

I don't intend on ever even running it sub ohm really.

jameth

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 26, 2011
Southern Utah
Just got the ToBeCo Kayfun Lite clone in from that Amazon link.

Havn't used it yet but it looks great, is definitely stainless steel and not just plated brass or something, build quality seems quite nice.

I popped it on my MVP 2 just to read the OHM's of the pre installed coil, and it reads out at 1.9 ohms, not even close to sub ohm heh.

In the box came; extra o-rings, extra screws, a mini allen wrench and a mini screwdriver, and two extra pre wrapped coils which are wrapped around what looks like silica wicks.

The seller sent me a link to a video for building and filling, thought that was a nice touch from the seller, not that I needed it.

There is no clear window tank section with this, just the solid stainless tank section.

Anyone have a link to a good place to get a clear tank section for the Kayfun Lite?

Also, does the Kayfun Lite have an adjustable airflow?

This unit does, it is a small allen set screw near the air hole at the base.

jameth

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 26, 2011
Southern Utah
Took it apart, all looks good, the coil looked good, maybe a little excessive wick, but I left it as is, reasembeled it and checked ohms again, still 1.9.

So I went ahead and put 2 ml in it and had a vape, not to shabby, still to early to say much more then that.

Wish it came with a clear tank section!

jameth

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 26, 2011
Southern Utah
Wow only 2 left on Amazon since my purchase two days ago when there was 12!

Lots of flavor out of this thing with its included coil, but not as much vapor as I would hope for with the amount of flavor and throat hit, but I am diggin it so far. I can see dropping my 18 mg down to 12 with this juicy of a vape.

Also from what I can tell the airflow adjuster on the ToBeCo is different then even the Kayfun Lite Plus, and maybe better even.

It is on the outside, near the air hole itself, not underneath the base like the actual Kayfun Lite Plus.

The Original Kayfun Lite has no airflow adjustment.

Last edited:

EvilZoe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 26, 2013
Savoir-Faire is everywhere!
Wow only 2 left on Amazon since my purchase two days ago when there was 12!

Lots of flavor out of this thing with its included coil, but not as much vapor as I would hope for with the amount of flavor and throat hit, but I am diggin it so far. I can see dropping my 18 mg down to 12 with this juicy of a vape.

Also from what I can tell the airflow adjuster on the ToBeCo is different then even the Kayfun Lite Plus, and maybe better even.

It is on the outside, near the air hole itself, not underneath the base like the actual Kayfun Lite Plus.

The Original Kayfun Lite has no airflow adjustment.
You probably pointed everyone to it from here..lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread