Wanna help me find my first mod?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Javamon

Verified Member
Nov 29, 2014
Hudson Valley, NY
Can't do this now, especially right after Christmas, but, I have been researching what My mod will be in future.
As U2 once said, I still haven't found what I'm looking for.

Which is:

• Something with power that is simple. Variable voltage. Variable voltage And variable wattage not necessary. Just variable voltage.
  • Doesn't look like a mini computer. No need for OLED screens.
  • Uses replaceable 18650 batteries.
  • No wacky form factors. i.e. grenades, sigh. Simple tube.
  • Doesn't have to be tiny. Can be up to the size of a light saber. :)
  • Mates with EVOD and similar tanks.
  • Not a mechanical.
  • Affordable. Not a 100 dollar device. Something closer to a 40 dollar device.

Does it exist? Thanks.

smacksy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2014
Alexandria, Louisiana USA
I don't think so..I don't know.
Your price you want to pay limits choices. Box or tube?
The IPV3 is a excellent VW box mod as well as the single 18650 IPV2. which lists at under $100..
VV provari is out of your price range...can't really make a suggestion with your self imposed limits.. Oh well, good luck and happy new year.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

mattiem

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Can't do this now, especially right after Christmas, but, I have been researching what My Mod will be in future.
As U2 once said, I still haven't found what I'm looking for.

Which is:

• Something with power that is simple. Variable voltage. Variable voltage And variable wattage not necessary. Just variable voltage.
  • Doesn't look like a mini computer. No need for OLED screens.
  • Uses replaceable 18650 batteries.
  • No wacky form factors. i.e. grenades, sigh. Simple tube.
  • Doesn't have to be tiny. Can be up to the size of a light saber. :)
  • Mates with EVOD and similar tanks.
  • Not a mechanical.
  • Affordable. Not a 100 dollar device. Something closer to a 40 dollar device.

Does it exist? Thanks.

This is the closest I can find to what you are looking for but it is a few $$'s over your price limit. ZMax Variable Volt APVs I've not used one so know only what is posted on the web site.

HecticEnergy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
TX, USA
If you are just starting don't buy a mech.

Have you seen the eleaf iSticks? Or the cloupor mini?
Personally I prefer box mods, but vamo or the like may do well for you if you must have a tube mod. Imo box mods fit better in the hand and pocket easier.
If you have vv or vw (most things I'm seeing these days are vw or vv&vw) I don't think you can go without a screen unless you are using a ego twist or a mech mod with a kick installed (mech with kick may be ok for beginning vapers... Maybe...). That kick will put you over your budget though... And you have to open your mod and pull out a micro screwdriver every time you want to adjust your power output.

Also factor in a few authentic high drain batteries (not trust fire or ultra fire, go Samsung, lg, Sony, aw, orbtronics) from a reputable location (rtdvapes and illumination supply are popular, not Amazon, ebay, fastech) and a good quality charger (xtar, efest luk, nitecore). Batteries are around $10 each and charger can be picked up for around $10 on the low end.

My first upgrade from ego was a SiD... Good mod, but the 3 clicks to get into the menu had me changing my settings inadvertently on a regular basis.

Surf around on fasttech under vv mods... Shipping is usually around 2 weeks, but you don't sound like you are in a hurry, if nothing else it will give you an idea of what you may like based on what is available.

Good luck to you, hope this helps. Let us know what you end up with!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

HecticEnergy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
TX, USA
If I drop my replaceable body requirement, I would probably go with an iStick. They seem to be a great value.
Just not thrilled about hard wired batteries. Maybe I should get over it. :)

battery usually last 300 charge cycles or so.. this thing is like $35. Batteries cost about $10 each... you will probably upgrade before that year is up... I'd say its a good buy :)

tj99959

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Aug 13, 2011
    utah
    If I drop my replaceable body requirement, I would probably go with an iStick. They seem to be a great value.
    Just not thrilled about hard wired batteries. Maybe I should get over it. :)

I won't use anything with a hard wired battery!
    Reason #1, that makes the device a "disposable".
    Reason #2 just do a search of "worlds most dangerous battery". They use LIPO cells for hard wired batteries.

Marc411

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 17, 2014
    Windy City
    You can pick up batteries at Illum for a little cheaper then $10 a pop

Sony US18650VTC4 $8.50
    Samsung INR18650-25R $6.80
    LG 18650HE2 - $7.50

And this is where it end's up costing you, their shipping is $11unless you buy over $100

Illumn.com - Flashlights, Batteries, Carry Gear, Intelligent LED Lighting, and More!

I'm running the Samsung's in everything but my VF and they at pretty damnn good but I rarely break the 1 ohm barrier

HecticEnergy

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 24, 2014
    TX, USA

Javamon

Verified Member
    Nov 29, 2014
    Hudson Valley, NY
    Good point about the batteries.

Whenever I pull the trigger - which will be a while due to post Christmas poverty :) - I will probably buy it in the U.S. Even though it will cost a little more, if it is only something like 10 more dollars to do inside the U.S. with an actual dealer, I will do that.

I really wish I could buy it at a brick and mortar, but after scouting 2 dedicated vape shops, I obviously won't be able to buy any significant hardware from them.
    Their juice prices are more expensive but acceptable, and their hardware prices are just plain completely unacceptable. I'm fine and willing to pay more to do things locally, but the two shops I visited are completely out of control with what they are trying to charge for hardware.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread