Wanna move up, where to go next?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Justjames75

Jun 12, 2014
Chattanooga, Tn
The noob is really gonna show on this, but from what I have seen in the last 24 hours here, it's ok. Seems like EVERYONE here is super helpful and there are no dumb questions...
I started this journey 2 weeks ago with a ego ce5 starter kit off eBay. 2 batteries, 2 tanks and charger. I ordered a set for myself and the missus. I got a good deal on them and she seems content with her current setup. Me, ehhh, not so much.
What I do like.. Easy to fill. Compact and easy to carry more than one tank/flavor without refill bottles. I switch up flavors depending on where I am or time of day. Battery charges within a reasonable amount of time. See thru tanks. It was cheap and got me off analogs :)
What I don't care for. I have gotten some bcc and they fill from the bottom, which isn't bad but these tend to leak no matter how much care I take when I reassemble. Not a lot, but grabbing a damp tank In the truck after lunch on the road kinda stinks. These are Smok brand purchased at a local store. I will say they seem to hit a little better than my stock top fills though. Non VV/VW and non adjustable airflow.
So the question is what is the next affordable step for me? I have read reviews and watched videos till I'm brain dead. I'm probably more lost now than I was 2 weeks ago, knowing nothing. I'm open to suggestions.
I would like an adjustable battery and airflow, without having to build coils and making wicks, something better than entry level but doesn't cost an arm and a leg. Help?

Pajack

Apr 29, 2014
Poconos Pa
The noob is really gonna show on this, but from what I have seen in the last 24 hours here, it's ok. Seems like EVERYONE here is super helpful and there are no dumb questions...
I started this journey 2 weeks ago with a ego ce5 starter kit off eBay. 2 batteries, 2 tanks and charger. I ordered a set for myself and the missus. I got a good deal on them and she seems content with her current setup. Me, ehhh, not so much.
What I do like.. Easy to fill. Compact and easy to carry more than one tank/flavor without refill bottles. I switch up flavors depending on where I am or time of day. Battery charges within a reasonable amount of time. See thru tanks. It was cheap and got me off analogs :)
What I don't care for. I have gotten some bcc and they fill from the bottom, which isn't bad but these tend to leak no matter how much care I take when I reassemble. Not a lot, but grabbing a damp tank In the truck after lunch on the road kinda stinks. These are Smok brand purchased at a local store. I will say they seem to hit a little better than my stock top fills though. Non VV/VW and non adjustable airflow.
So the question is what is the next affordable step for me? I have read reviews and watched videos till I'm brain dead. I'm probably more lost now than I was 2 weeks ago, knowing nothing. I'm open to suggestions.
I would like an adjustable battery and airflow, without having to build coils and making wicks, something better than entry level but doesn't cost an arm and a leg. Help?
Only a couple months at this myself. Can I recommend a EGO-V v3 Mega 1300 mAH VV/VW vv 3 - 6 volts Vw 3 - 15 watts... $30.00 Cons Battery only last a day. ProsFast charge 2-3 hrs and a DAVIDE MEGA TANK ... 3 ml e juice capacity $15.00 Bottom filler but does not leak and replaceable dual coils. You can get a Kanger Air Flow Control valve fits Protank 1, 2, 3 This will fit the Davide for around $7.00
You can go bigger on the battery with a Vamo V5
$40.00 Cons 18650 batteries take a long time to charge about 7-8 hrs A good battery is about $10.00 and you should have a spare. A little bulky to carry but not too bad. Pros I get almost 2 days Heavy vaping out of the battery before a charge. iClear 30S Dual Coil ROTATABLE Clearomizer $14.00 Top filler replaceable dual top coil.3 ml e juice capacity.Cons does not come with beauty ring. will look like hell on the ego But fine on the Vamo. Top coil so heavy vaping will give dry hits. You need to let it wick up again. These are 2 of my set ups. Happy with both.

Last edited:

nwohiopma

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 5, 2014
NW Ohio
We started vaping a couple months ago and also grew tired of the always dead batteries and leaky tanks. Then I found this forum.

I ordered 2 Innokin MVP's and Smok Tech Pyrex Aro tanks. We are exceedingly happy. I also got another couple ego batteries that we use in public.

This is where I got the MVP's and tanks:

Innokin iTaste MVP V2.0 - 101 Vape (out of stock here)

Smok Tech Pyrex Aro Tank

I strongly suggest visiting the MVP forum:

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/variable-voltage-apv-discussion/473345-itaste-mvp-v2-owners-group-1178.html

And coupons:

ECF E-Cigarette Coupons - ECF E-cigarette Forum Coupon Codes Directory

Justjames75

Jun 12, 2014
Chattanooga, Tn
We started vaping a couple months ago and also grew tired of the always dead batteries and leaky tanks. Then I found this forum.

I ordered 2 Innokin MVP's and Smok Tech Pyrex Aro tanks. We are exceedingly happy. I also got another couple ego batteries that we use in public.

Smok Tech Pyrex Aro Tank

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/variable-voltage-apv-discussion/473345-itaste-mvp-v2-owners-group-1178.html

And coupons:

Thank you for the links. Do you have pictures of your set ups? :)

Pajack

Apr 29, 2014
Poconos Pa
Ok, what I have now lasts about 6-7 hours, with a 4 hour charge. I need some adjustability so that's a plus. Haven't tried any dual coils yet but I do like replaceable part. How long does a set of coils last per tank. I'm not a constant vaper, but if I'm idle I tend to use it more.

You can get a couple weeks out of the coils with cleaning.

Buggainok

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2014
oklahoma city ok usa

Smok Tech Pyrex Aro Tank

And coupons:

This is my set up as well - Love it.:) It just works, easily and with no fuss or fiddling. I don't know why the Smok Tech Pyrex Aros are not more popular. They are really a great, inexpensive tank that holds a lot of juice and doesn't leak or gurgle.

herb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2014
Northern NJ native , Coastal NC now.
Add another to the MVP bandwagon , it just kicks major .... If you read the reviews on 101vapes website you will be amazed , how can a product get over 700+ FIVE star reviews , it has to be just an awesome product to get those ratings and it most certainly is.

Don't pay more than $40.00 though

Pajack

Apr 29, 2014
Poconos Pa
Thank you for the links. Do you have pictures of your set ups? :)

Here is the ego/davide and the vamo/iclear30s
20140615_170758.jpg 20140615_170758.jpg

delpart

Jun 8, 2014
United States
What I call the version one coils in most BCC will leak through over time and other environmental conditions.

I have to work outside and have about 2K in gear in front of me from field testing things ... The newest generation of the coils for either an Aspire BCC/Nautilus or the Kanger are holding up much better. Heat is my main issue for instant leakage. Tank and contents getting over 110 to 120 F and they leak. (shrug) But no where near what a Smok coil etc will.

Still lots of trial and error. Best lasting right now for less maint (IME) has been my Asprire coils. Dialing in, how much air you need etc is the hard part to match equipment. Currently battle testing and enjoying the aerotank mini as I need compact/portable.

On the heat issue, its about the change to the viscosity of the juice more than anything. Once it gets thin and the tank starts trying to equalize the difference in temps, its moving out. If you're not chain vaping it, then its going to find its way out the places you draw air through the device. Or in some cases, through really crappy seal designs.

My experiences are that tailoring your kit to your lifestyle is harder than finding good kit to use. Indoor vapors and the like have a different take on a lot of the gear I've collected.

In the long run, dialing this is in will still be cheaper. Its just hard to stomach tossing to the bin a $40-60 device cause it doesn't fit the bill.

Kasanova

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 28, 2014
Wiggles, NJ
My misses is still using ego batteries and she is happy with that. With me I needed something powerful, so just like you I was reading, reading, reading and reading some more. Then watching youtube videos of the possible upgrades I wanted to get. Then I sat down and starting thinking and finally after a couple of weeks I decided to get the Innokin Cool Fire I, it was perfect for me. I decided on that since I don't really need VV/VW since I only use fruity/menthol flavors and they are great at 8.5w and whatever volts the battery is pushing. If I was into chocolate or heavier flavors then yes I would have gone with a VV/VW mod. If that is what you are looking for, I suggest the Innokin SVD if you like tubular Mods or the MVP if you like box mods just to start you off, and they are inexpensive. Its all about preference, as for me I like tubular mods, hence why I chose the Cool Fire I and not anything else.

Justjames75

Jun 12, 2014
Chattanooga, Tn
What I call the version one coils in most BCC will leak through over time and other environmental conditions.

I have to work outside and have about 2K in gear in front of me from field testing things ... The newest generation of the coils for either an Aspire BCC/Nautilus or the Kanger are holding up much better. Heat is my main issue for instant leakage. Tank and contents getting over 110 to 120 F and they leak. (shrug) But no where near what a Smok coil etc will.

Still lots of trial and error. Best lasting right now for less maint (IME) has been my Asprire coils. Dialing in, how much air you need etc is the hard part to match equipment. Currently battle testing and enjoying the aerotank mini as I need compact/portable.

On the heat issue, its about the change to the viscosity of the juice more than anything. Once it gets thin and the tank starts trying to equalize the difference in temps, its moving out. If you're not chain vaping it, then its going to find its way out the places you draw air through the device. Or in some cases, through really crappy seal designs.

My experiences are that tailoring your kit to your lifestyle is harder than finding good kit to use. Indoor vapors and the like have a different take on a lot of the gear I've collected.

In the long run, dialing this is in will still be cheaper. Its just hard to stomach tossing to the bin a $40-60 device cause it doesn't fit the bill.

I agree with what your saying about heat and viscosity. My first thought was that it was just because it was a low priced tank and the seals weren't great. Am actually doing an experiment of sorts right now. Went and picked up my usual vanilla bean yesterday and had them add an extra shot. Got home and loaded my top fill, couldn't get a decent hit no matter what. Swapped it to a clean bcc and it was a huge improvement. Vaped on that one and a chocolate most the evening.
I had another bcc I filled with a thinner strawberry kiwi and noticed when I was unthreading the base the coil seemed to be staying stationary. Hmm, pulled it apart and the coil was loose in the base. Cleaned, tightened and refilled.
Spent the day in the truck at work today and I vape like I smoked when driving.. I could feel it getting hot. So I put it down and swapped to the chocolate for a bit. Grabbed the vanilla back up a bit later and the battery is wet.
As soon as I got home, I broke all 3 bcc tanks down, cleaned, tightened and filled. I now have the strawberry and the chocolate tanks standing up right on a paper towel. I'm going to leave them over night and look for any signs of leakage, but I suspect I will find non. The vanilla is on a fresh battery and upright and as of now no leaks that I can see.
I think the leaking is coming from the coils coming loose when I remove the base and from high temps. I noticed the vanilla developed a gurgle before I got home, after it started leaking.
Back to my original post, as I said I stopped by the shop yesterday, picked up some juices. My regular guy wasn't there and the lady that was waiting on me was super nice, but really couldn't answer much in the way of the products they carry. She did however let me check out the MVP2 they had in the display. They had several in stock and did mention these were not clones and carried the proper serial numbers, that could be verified online. Seems they sell quite a few :)
I am going to wait a few days and stop back in a little earlier so I can actually try out the MVP, cool fire and a couple of others, so I can see first hand and get a feel for what my next purchase will be. Having a small collection of the Smok tanks at this point, if I can get them to work without leaking properly my first upgrade purchase will be a new battery. That will give me time to save a bit before my tank purchase. Everyone offered really helpful suggestions and I truly appreciate them all. You guys helped narrow it down quite a bit and hopefully I can report back later this week with a semi-final decision.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread