• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Wanna try a different atomizer

Status
Not open for further replies.

UberDuper

ECF Veteran
Dec 18, 2009
No place like ~/
I've gone back to my 510 atomizers. I really like the way the cartomizers from Chad vape but they're just not going to work for me. But with the 510 I can't get over the lack of flavor and throat hit I was getting from the cartomizers.

So I want to try out some other atomizers. 801? 901? 302? I guess these are all pen style. I'm not a fan of dripping so I'd most likely use the cartridges. I might have a 510/901 t-tip coming so maybe I'll change my mind about dripping.. I dunno.

Anyhow, which would you guys suggest for a strong flavor and throat hit. I know people say the 510 has ZOMG GREAT HOLY CRAP throat hit.. but imho it sucks and the cartomizers were better.

I would have posted this in another forum but I know people would reply with non-relevant suggestion about buying their favorite battery mod.

UD.

Hellen A. Handbasket

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2009
San Tan Valley, Arizona
Some say the 901 is a good flavor... I "grew up" on the penstyles and like the 302. Each has a downside.

901 cart is small (same size as a 510) and no real throat hit. 302 low bridge penstyle gives good flavor, decent throat hit (and will depend on the liquid too) but can be leaky.

namuch

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 29, 2009
Surprise,Az
Honestly, if you're like me (which it sounds like), you are not gonna be happy with anything but 510's and cartos.

801's - Too airy, like sucking on an empty straw. Zero throat hit.

901's - Good flavor. Better at 5v and beyond. Hit or miss throat hit depending on juice.

302's - These look like an 801, kinda surprised me at first, since the draw was tighter than an 801, but after using for a few days they started to taste flat like a 901.

401 series - These actually are really good on flavor and the throat hit falls somewhere around a 510 and 302. Dipping is a pain though and the vapor is semi-dry like a carto.

510 Joye version ( the Boge, or whatever knockoffs suck, IMO ). These are the best all around. I have some juices that absolutely rock at low voltages (those same juices fall flat on other attys, no matter how much battery power you fling at them), and some juices that are good at 3.7 and great at 5v. Point is, because of the low resistance, it heats up well enough at low voltages to be satisfying on a consistent basis. I always drip btw, on all my atty's, so I'm speaking strictly from experience on that realm.

Now, Chad's new low-voltage 808 cartos are awesome. They kick some serious .... on a standard battery. When I'm not using my 510's, those are the ones I use. The only downside is that slightly drier vape that you tend to get with cartos, which I sometimes tire of, and look to my 510 for that "all-around" good vape. But the cartos can't be beat for convenience, and if I had to give up everything but one vaping device, the 808's is where i'd be at this point.

I've recently been playing with the new 510 cartomizers. And so far, these things are amazing. The vapor out of them is clean and slightly moist like a 510. What I don't like is the fact that they need 5v (IMO), to get a satisying throat hit. Once they lower the resistance on these things (and assuming they still hit the same), then these will finally replace my 510's as MY one true device.. :)

This industry is changing quickly. Just in the last 8 months that I've been vaping, I've seen shifts and technology changes across the board. The most significant is the cartomizers. That is where the future lies I believe. Since it is the most convenient and easiest to manage.

namuch

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 29, 2009
Surprise,Az
Also, I'd like to add: Make sure you are using true Joye 510's, not the knockoffs. I noted above, but I can't stress enough, there is a WORLD of difference in the throat hit and flavor. If you have any of the non-Joye 510's, then that might be why you are noticing a lack of hit.

Just throwing that out there....

You pay a few $'s more for the Joye parts, but they are well worth it..

Hellen A. Handbasket

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2009
San Tan Valley, Arizona
UD are you using a mod of any kind yet? I don't remember. That can make a big difference in how an atty works and tastes. You can always buy adapters to try out different attys (cheap) on what ever battery end you buy.

Also, I went through a period after I started (about 3 months in) where I hated every model, ha. It all seemed fiddly, juice all tasted sucky and I wondered if it was going to work at all. Then I got a mod and later, changed cart filler. Helped a bunch!! It all leveled out. I ended up using 2 models every day (I swap around with the 510 and low bridge penstyles).

Cartos.... blech. Sorry guys, I tried. Vapor sucked and it tasted burned even though it was filled. I don't like the idea of burning interior inside and not being able to really see what is going on in there. This thread solidified it for me... I'm not taking the chance of vaping fumes from burning melted poly
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...s-e9-vk-bloog-totem-808-dpv9-smoke51-etc.html

Another option is the new LR attys. I haven't tried them yet, but the reports are good and they say it is like vaping at 5v with a 3.7v battery.
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...85-best-atomizer-3-7-volts-vapes-5-volts.html

I think throat hit also depends on the liquid in any atty. I never smoked menthol, but it sure works for me with vaping. Menthol has great flavor/throat hit (especially in the 510). I add homemade menthol drops to my menthol liquid. The best premade menthol is Mentha from VaporTalk. If I want sweeter menthol, I like TastyVapor (vanilla minty menthol) and I add drops to that. You can put menthol drops in any flavor liquid. Works great added to tobacco flavors or fruity stuff.

BTW: My new Silver Bullet should be shipping soon! YAY :thumb:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread