Want the 901 flavor with a longer lasting cart and batt... any help?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JustJulie

CASAA
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2009
Des Moines, IA
In terms of battery life, if you want to keep the 901 atomizer (which I personally applaud) you've got two options.

First, you can buy a USB passthrough battery for your 901. This will allow you to vape while at the computer with no battery issues. For a couple of bucks, you can buy a USB wall adapter so you can plug your USB passthrough battery into a wall electrical outlet to vape. And if you really want to have fun, there are some pretty nice portable battery packs that allow you to use USB-powered devices on the run.

Your second choice is to go with a mod. There are several mods that use the 901 atomizer, and they all provide a much longer battery life than a tradition 901 e-cig battery. There are several out there, such as the Screwdriver and the Prodigy.

In terms of the cartridge size, that's probably one of the biggest complaints with the 901 atomizer . . . relatively small cartridges. The cartridge for the 510 holds more liquid and does fit the 901 atomizer, although it's awfully loose. Some clever folks have figured out ways of making it work, though. A quick search of the forum will probably give you lots of information on making a 510 cartridge work with a 901 atomizer.

JustJulie

CASAA
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2009
Des Moines, IA
Third choice - Janty Stick with 901 converter. About $100 all total but with 2 cigar batts (at 5 hours each) AND USB charge/passthru combo, it's a good combo buy.

Good suggestion. I have a JantyStick, and I love it. Of all my e-cigs, it has the nicest, most comfortable feel in my hand. As Nubee mentioned, the JantyStick uses the 801 as its default, but you can purchase an adapter so that you can use 901 atomizers with it.

TnA

ECF Veteran
Apr 19, 2009
Fayetteville, NC
My initial thought was to suggest a DSE-801 since it provides you the longer battery life and much larger cartridge that you are looking for. The atomizer also runs cool like the 901 so the flavor doesn't get "burnt".

However, if you are open to the idea of mods, than this is definitely going to resolve your battery issue. The Janty Stick is a well-refined mod and there are many others out there, or you could just try your hand at building your own. At that point, you will just need to decide whether you are satisfied with using the 901 atomizer and cartridge or would rather try a different one. Cheers.

sund79

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2009
TN, USA
Hmm.. these are good ideas to look into.. i love the 901 flavor.. but I also want something thats kinda pretty and the screwdriver looking stuff doesnt seem feminine to me.. (no offense to ladies that use them.. i can be a bit extra girly sometimes) so I thought about the janty stick but being as i'm just starting on the e cigs i feel i need something that has the general cig shape..

After having the 901 for 3 days, I only had 2 regular cigs during my 12hour night shift, and i had REALLY annoying patients today (hospital), so that says a lot, my coworker went to smoke like, 6 or 7 times and I normally would too w/ the stress. the rest the time i puffed on the 901 and the vx2 i borrowed from my sis to compare flavors (way better in 901, vx2 is almost metallic sometimes if the carts not topped off i think). And the 2 times i smoked the analogs were both after i ate.. the ecig is not fullfilling that satisfaction for me yet.. or my cig w/ a beer craving .. hopefully eventually..

i think i will definatly get the passthrough.. i sit infront of a computer 1/2 the night at work and the wall plug fis cool, i didnt even know that was an option..

I'm gonna look into the 501 cart mods, didnt know about that too.. and i'm guessing then it would have the round tip instead of the cigar tip? I worry that with that though instead of having loose tobacco at the bottom of my purse i'll have sticky leaked e-juice staining them..

The 801 is also intresting.. and still has the cig shape.. I never looked into its reviews or anything so i will def check that out.. dont think i could or would want to try to make anything myself though.. least not at this point.. i was getting kinda dissapointed till i got the 901 flavor wise.. and now its reversed.. battery and cartridge wise..

You all have been so helpful and nice, thanks so much! One day when i'm smoke free i'll be thanking all the nice ppl here on this forum, i wouldnt have known where to start if it were not for this place and all the helpfull and patient people!

JustJulie

CASAA
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2009
Des Moines, IA
but I also want something thats kinda pretty and the screwdriver looking stuff doesnt seem feminine to me.. (no offense to ladies that use them.. i can be a bit extra girly sometimes)

No offense taken. :) When I'm feeling kinda girly, I use a pink atomizer with my Screwdriver. :D (No, really . . . dead serious here.)

I'm not trying to sell you on a SD, but I thought I'd mention that it's really not all that big. I know before I saw one in person, I had visions of some huge power tool type of device. In spite of my fears, I ordered it because I got tired of screwing around with all the small annoyances associated with the more traditional e-cigs. I was shocked when I discovered it fit in the palm of my hand and was pretty much hidden by my palm when I vaped. Not big at all, and it never really seems to attract any attention when I'm out and about.

sund79

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2009
TN, USA
hmm. intresting.. would you be willing to send me a pic of u holding one? I kinda thought they were really screwdriver sized too. (i'm curious.. a pink one..?.. its hard to imagine from the online pics it being pretty.. but i am open to all sugestions.. my 901 cart was freshly filled and ran dry during 2 beers with a friend.. ugh.. makes it difficult to convert..)

Elendil

Assclown Exterminator
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2009
IL USA
hmm. intresting.. would you be willing to send me a pic of u holding one? I kinda thought they were really screwdriver sized too. (i'm curious.. a pink one..?.. its hard to imagine from the online pics it being pretty.. but i am open to all sugestions.. my 901 cart was freshly filled and ran dry during 2 beers with a friend.. ugh.. makes it difficult to convert..)

Here you go. I promise that my hand isn't nearly as fat as it looks in the picture:p

SD2.jpg

nash076

ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2009
the liquid just tastes not as good out of the vx2 and 501..

is there longer lasted flavorfull cig anyone knows of?

Another option is to get the new 901 manual batteries. Supposedly, they're 280mah as opposed to 180mah on the automatics.

For cart life, I recommend making sure you're using the "D-shaped" carts as opposed to the two-piece units. They're easily distinguished by the fact that the D's are all a single piece of plastic and have a flatter tip than the two-pieces. They tend to hold more fluid.

Finally, I also recommend the "straw mod" for your carts; it's incredibly cheap and simple, but improves both the wicking and refilling of your carts. Mine hold more and last much longer than they used to. Search the Modder's forum for instructions.

smiley7

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 2, 2009
Missouri
Another option is to get the new 901 manual batteries. Supposedly, they're 280mah as opposed to 180mah on the automatics.

For cart life, I recommend making sure you're using the "D-shaped" carts as opposed to the two-piece units. They're easily distinguished by the fact that the D's are all a single piece of plastic and have a flatter tip than the two-pieces. They tend to hold more fluid.

Finally, I also recommend the "straw mod" for your carts; it's incredibly cheap and simple, but improves both the wicking and refilling of your carts. Mine hold more and last much longer than they used to. Search the Modder's forum for instructions.
Hi Nash, I agree on the D-shaped carts, they do work much better. Do you know which suppliers offer these carts. I don't remember who mine came from. thx

nash076

ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2009
Hi Nash, I agree on the D-shaped carts, they do work much better. Do you know which suppliers offer these carts. I don't remember who mine came from. thx

To be honest, I don't know either. The ones I have are from the pre-filled carts that came with my unit and/or the empties that are attached to the atomizers I buy. I simply keep them and use Fluval for cart material.

I do know that the brown, round carts for the 901 (the ones that look like a real cigarette filter) are the same D-shaped design, and I've been told they leak less . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread