Want to buy pv for neighbor - need low-cost suggestions please.

Status
Not open for further replies.

bodrell

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 15, 2010
Michigan
I have a lovely elderly neighbor who is on a low/fixed income because he had a stroke and is on disability. He really wants to quit smoking.
He's loved the hits off my KGO and is very impressed with the whole e-cig idea. He wants one! I'd like to buy him a decent kit - plus it will be fun to have someone IRL to share juices with - but it has to be something economical to maintain and use. He's been smoking a pouch of Bugler every 2-3 days (so equivalent to a pack per day?) and will stick with the program as long as he can afford it.
I was thinking of just getting another KGO kit and having him chip in for juice. Does this sound reasonable or is there perhaps a less-expensive way I can get him going?

kia2

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 4, 2012
USA
I have a lovely elderly neighbor who is on a low/fixed income because he had a stroke and is on disability. He really wants to quit smoking.
He's loved the hits off my KGO and is very impressed with the whole e-cig idea. He wants one! I'd like to buy him a decent kit - plus it will be fun to have someone IRL to share juices with - but it has to be something economical to maintain and use. He's been smoking a pouch of Bugler every 2-3 days (so equivalent to a pack per day?) and will stick with the program as long as he can afford it.
I was thinking of just getting another KGO kit and having him chip in for juice. Does this sound reasonable or is there perhaps a less-expensive way I can get him going?

I haven't tried the KGO, so I will defer to the others' opinions here.

What I wanted to say is, KUDOS to you for helping a fixed income elderly neighbor quit smoking! This could help him tremendously, not only health wise but with medical coverages, as well (not to mention the friendship). Very, very good and positive thing you are doing.

cyberwolf

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 22, 2009
Coral Springs, FL
The KGO sounds like a great idea, if for no other reason than that you are fully familiar with it and can help him with any of the rough spots in the learning curve.

I think it's wonderful that you are doing this. I have an aunt and uncle whose health has been severely impacted by smoking but are still doing it. They're 1200 miles away, so helping them get started on ecigs is not an option. Kudos to you for helping someone you can.

X P3 Flight Engineer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 27, 2012
Moncton, N.B. Canada
I have a KGO and love it. You can get kits for $42.

My suggestion would be the kGo pass-through $22.95, check for a discount code or wait for a sale.. If necessary he can get by with one battery at first because it can still be used while it's charging, a backup can be purchased later.

Or bear's suggestion for $42 is a good price too.

Ditto loving the kGo!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread